Flight Delay Compensation, Lufthansa Only

Options

Comments

• Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    farenheit wrote: »
    Should I explain my circumstances here to double check I am eligible?

By all means - or you could just write to the airline directly. Resolver is only really a letter-writing/tracking tool, that doesn't do much more than a straightforward direct approach would.
  • farenheit
    farenheit Posts: 13 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 14 September 2016 at 6:33PM
    Options
    Here is what happened:
    Company name: Lufthansa
    Booking reference: XXXXXX Flight number: LH957 - Delayed due to Technical Fault
    Departure airport: Birmingham International Airport, BHX
    Scheduled departure time: Wed 24/08/16 17:45, Actual departure time: Wed 24/08/16 20:40
    Arrival airport: Frankfurt International Airport, FRA
    Scheduled arrival time: Wed 24/08/16 20:20, Actual arrival time: Wed 24/08/16 23:01
    Number of passengers: 3
    This happened on August 24th, 2016

Due to the above delay, we could not make our connecting flight LH1304 with a scheduled departure time of: Wed 24/08/16 21:40 arriving at Istanbul Thur 25/08/16 at 01:35.
    Instead we were re-booked onto TK1598 which had a scheduled departure time of Thur 25/08/16 07:20, arrving at our final destination Istanbul at a11:20am, over 9 hours later.

Can someone point out to me the guide that everyone is referring to? Thx

P.S
    If I do not hear from them directly, who do I escalate it to and then who do I further escalate it to after that?
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Number One in the Google charts is the hit by Vauban known as Vauban's Guide > https://dl.orangedox.com/GdfSa4xUZdZI5GJadr/Vauban's%20Guide%20to%20Claiming%20Flight%20Dela%20%20y%20Compensation.pdf
  • farenheit
    Options
    Am i correct in thinking I am eligible for compensation?
    Also I have completed their form online also but have heard nothing back.
    Does anyone have email address or anyone I should contact for a response?
    Thanks
  • farenheit
    Options
    Can someone please advise regarding the following response that I have received from Lufthansa:

"Since the delay of the flight was caused by unusual circumstances which could not have been avoided even if all possible measures had been taken, we appreciate your understanding that we are unfortunately unable to fulfil your request for compensation and We are conforming to the stipulations of the European Union Regulation 261/2004 in this matter."
  • 111KAB
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Farenheit - 'unusual circumstances' is not the usual phrase .... as extraordinary circumstances is the normal clap trap. Read Vauban's Guide however were you ever informed what these unusual circumstances were?
  • farenheit
    Options
    Unfortunately I wasn't told what the unusual circumstances were. When enquired at the time it was delayed, I was just informed that it was a technical fault.
    Sigh,
  • 111KAB
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ah well if technical fault you are on a 'winner'. Presume you have read Vauban's Guide so press ahead now ...... enjoy your compensation!
  • farenheit
    Options
    I have read it but this is my first time addressing a corporation, so kinda nervous I don't "botch" up the response ��
  • farenheit
    Options
    I have read it but this is my first time addressing a corporation, so kinda nervous I don't "botch" up the response 😊
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback