Flight Delay Compensation, Lufthansa Only

Options

Comments

• richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If you mean 'extraordinary circumstances' say it and not 'exceptional circumstances'.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • fluffy123
    fluffy123 Posts: 362 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    No problem - have removed the legal cases reference and as a result the 'exceptional' tag.

Have also read up on NBA too, thanks. Will proceed with this email, see what is said as can see the aircrafts schedule for that day and it was two flights around 4-6 hours earlier that had the impact. Then, the immediately proceeding flight left delayed but had an average journey time before ours.
  • fluffy123
    edited 24 August 2016 at 10:14AM
    Options
    Just a quick update as had a further email from my previous response to LH:

"We greatly regret that our letter of 19 August 2016 did not meet you and your wife's expectations. At the same time, we nevertheless assure you that we have thoroughly reviewed your case and have considered our decision carefully. Your continued correspondence, does not give us cause to change our assessment of the facts.
    However, while we cannot atone for your experiences, we are offering a token of our apology in the form of a dinner invitation. You can enjoy a meal at a restaurant of your choice in which the value is up to EUR250 for 2 passengers. We hope that you will accept this gesture of goodwill in regress for the negative impressions you recently gained. In order to process that amount together with the GBP40 for your seat we kindly ask you to send your bank code and account number. Once we have received the bank details, we will settle the money and contact you again.

Thank you for your continued patience and understanding in this matter."

- So, looks like I'll be taking it to Botts then. 70%(ish) of something is better than 100% of nothing and I probably don't have the time to dedicate to it. I also assume putting it through Resolver would be pointless now too? Do I now not say anymore to LH and just contact Botts with everything that has gone on so far and they take it from there?
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Fluffy,

You have an alternative now which will cost you nothing. I believe that the new ADR schemes findings are binding upon the airline which was the big downfall with the CAA scheme.

I don't know anyone who has used German ADR company that LH have signed up to so you could become a pioneer.

http://www.caa.co.uk/passengers/resolving-travel-problems/how-the-CAA-can-help/alternative-dispute-resolution/

Good luck with whatever you decide.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • fluffy123
    Options
    Thanks - I've contacted Sop with all of the information detailed so far so will see what they say. Apparently it can take 14 days and all future correspondence will be in German so it could get more interesting!
  • Tyzap
    Options
    fluffy123 wrote: »
    Thanks - I've contacted Sop with all of the information detailed so far so will see what they say. Apparently it can take 14 days and all future correspondence will be in German so it could get more interesting!

Hmm, thats not good then. You would have expected the CAA to only authorise English speaking/writing ADR companies to handle complaints originating from this country.

The possibility of mistakes or misunderstandings under these circumstances will be increased no doubt.

Lets see how it goes.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • Anna8888_2
    Options
    Hi, Just a quick update. After reading that I was entitled to €600 plus reinbursment for what I have spent on food and phone calls,i decided to email them again because they didn sent compensation for calls and refreshments. I didn't have the receipts anymore but I wrote exactly what I've eaten and prices. I received half (€50) of what I've spent but I think it's acceptable as I didn't had the receipts. :j:)
  • Tyzap
    edited 9 September 2016 at 3:59PM
    Options
    Anna8888 wrote: »
    Hi, Just a quick update. After reading that I was entitled to €600 plus reinbursment for what I have spent on food and phone calls,i decided to email them again because they didn sent compensation for calls and refreshments. I didn't have the receipts anymore but I wrote exactly what I've eaten and prices. I received half (€50) of what I've spent but I think it's acceptable as I didn't had the receipts. :j:)

Anna, I think it's a fair result as many airlines would have refused to pay anything if you couldn't supply receipts.

Good result.
  • Anna8888_2
    Options
    Thank you. Forget to say €50 was for 2 people,so 25 each.
    I will for sure use lufthansa in the future.
  • farenheit
    Options
    Hi all
    Before I "bore" you all with my details, can I ask if anyone has had any success with using resolver for Lufthansa cases?
    I sent my first message through them (the app) and only received the standard response advising I will be shortly receiving a feedback number but I didn't.
    I then got an alert to escalate my case which I did again through the app and again received the standard automated response.
    Why do I get the feeling it is falling on deaf ears?
    Should I explain my circumstances here to double check I am eligible?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure