Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Easyjet ONLY

Options

Comments

• dogand2kids
    Options
    I've just been through CEDR to claim for a very delayed flight that easyJet kept sidestepping.

It has been 3 weeks since submitting the information and today I got an offer from easyJet to settle for the full amount of the claim. (I had been attempting to deal directly with easyJet for over a year and a half.)

Still to be seen if it arrives in the bank account but the CEDR process was very easy, clear and straightforward.
  • Daisychain10
    Options
    So what if the reason for cancellation was an air strike, but the flight was only cancelled the night before?
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,551 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    So what if the reason for cancellation was an air strike, but the flight was only cancelled the night before?

Compensation is based on the reason for the delay / cancellation and whether that is within the control of the airline...eg a technical problem with a plane - airlines responsibility to maintain their aircraft so they are liable. ATC / Weather - airline has no control over this so cannot be made liable for compensation
    Amount of notice is not relevant in this case...for weather delays it is not uncommon to be told on the day and with strikes often being called off it is not uncommon for late cancellations
  • marystevens
    Options
    This flight was changed to smaller plane and 15 passengers were unable to board. Were you one of them and how were you treated?
    We were told to make our own arrangements and have been unable to reach our Fuerteventura Hotel. We are totally disgusted at the way we are being treated by EasyJet. Have obviously lodged official complaint.
  • Justice13075
    Options
    Can you put this on the easyjet thread
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    bumped for those that don't read faq....
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • SIGNMAN
    Options
    We were due to fly out of Turkey on a scheduled flight at 12.30 Midday Sunday Oct 23th.
    On boarding the plane, we were told by the Captain there would be about a Twenty minute delay as the plane had hit a bird upon landing. We were told the captain had checked it but because of the position on the nose cone it had to be verified by a technician. This was done and no damage whatsoever was found.
    We were left waiting at the terminal for a further 5 hours while Emails were exchanged to and from Easyjet. The Captain kept us informed at various intervals and was very pleasant.
    No food at all was available on the plane and we were only offered one bag of Pringles and a soft drink.
    After a further wait the Captain announced that the crew were getting near to the end of their allowed flying time and if we could take off soon then they could fly to Berlin or Milan to change crews. This never happened and the crew eventually went over their time.
    We were then allowed back into the airport for a further wait until one of the local reps could decide what to do.
    At this point the airport was totally closed and again there was no food. Eventually we found a small Coffee cart had opened and we bought coffee. Some of the passengers had taken beer and sandwiches from one of the closed bars as they were so frustrated.
    We were eventually taken to a hotel for the night at around 8.00pm and given food and Breakfast in the morning.
    The Replacment flight no: EZY9284 (The same plane) was due to fly out at 2.30 but again there was a delay due to another flight and we took off just after 3.00pm, a total of around 26 hours late. Again no food or hot drinks were available on the whole flight, but we had purchased our own as I had text messages from Easyjet informing us of the delay at several points and telling us there would be no food on the flight.
    I have tried to claim compensation for this and Easyjet have refused to deal with Resolver so I filled out their own form.
    They refuse any compensation saying that this is an extraordinary situation due to technical issues out of their control. I have checked other websites and have learned that Technical issues are not classed as extraordinary circumstances.
    Can you please give me any advise as to were to take this next as I am not prepared to give up.
    Thanks..... Martin
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,551 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    all the guidance is covered in Vaubans Guide http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5173888
    If you have further questions you should post them on the Easyjet thread
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    for lazy newbs
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • crossbuyer
    Options
    We were delayed on an easyjet flight from Spain in 2016. After completing easyjet's on-line claim form numerous times (each time it was lost), several pointless phone calls & a letter, we went to the CEDR for adjudication and we won. Easyjet are now dragging their heels and not paying.

My queries (should anyone be kind enough to respond) are:
    1. how long should I allow easyjet to pay me - 20 working days?
    2. is the small claims court the next place for me to try in this process?
    3. if they still don't pay after the SCC, do I get bailiffs involved? That could be quite entertaining.

Thanks in advance for any comments.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure