Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Easyjet ONLY

Options

Comments

• JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,087 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Put your flight details into an online claim, Botts as a good one, there are others, to see if you have a valid claim.
    Also you can use flightstats website (need to register its free) to look at other flights were doing at your departure or arrival airport. If no others were seriously delayed then EJ are probably taking bovine excrement to put you off.
    What are your flight details?
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Aefio
    Options
    Hello JPears, thank you for your reply.
    EZY 2267, Flight date: 01st october 2016.

I've been on flightstats to check times etc, but haven't checked other flights about the same time.
    Would industrial action have to occur at the actual airport I was flying out/in of?
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    EuClaim say you are due €250 per passenger. Download Vaubans Guide and go from there
  • Aefio
    Options
    Thanks Justice.
    I believe Industrial action is one of the exceptions to the EU Compensation, hence why I'm trying to find out officially if it took place.

I have downloaded Vaubans guide, and though I've only skim read it at the moment (at work), I can't see any mention of industrial action. I'll go through it more thoroughly later.
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,562 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Aefio wrote: »
    I believe Industrial action is one of the exceptions to the EU Compensation, hence why I'm trying to find out officially if it took place.

If that was the reason for the delay EUClaim would show you were not due compensation
  • Hubster69
    Options
    Hi All

Help / advice required please.

Easyjet agreed to pay compensation for a cancelled flight. I've been promised a cheque, which didn't come and a bank transfer which also hasn't happened.

The whole thing has taken 3 months, some of my travelling companions got paid out within 2 weeks of returning home. How does that work???!!!
    Any advice on how to proceed from here on in?

Thanks
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hubster69,

There is an existing Easyjet thread a few lines below this, I'm sure you'll get a reply if you please re post there.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • Hubster69
    Options
    Hi All

I had my flight cancelled, about 3 months ago, and i've been claiming since then. i had my claim approved on 31st Oct and was promised a cheque, this did not arrive. I was then promised a bank transfer which has not happened.

Any advice / help you can give me to get Easyjet to pay up?

Thanks in advance
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hubster69 wrote: »
    Hi All

I had my flight cancelled, about 3 months ago, and i've been claiming since then. i had my claim approved on 31st Oct and was promised a cheque, this did not arrive. I was then promised a bank transfer which has not happened.

Any advice / help you can give me to get Easyjet to pay up?

Thanks in advance

Thanks for re posting.

You are not alone, it's not unusual for EJ to do this. If you read back through this thread you will find others with similar tales.

You could refer your claim to CEDR, MCOL or a no win no fee solicitor. Alternatively some have had some success with social media.

If I were you I would contact CEDR who act as mediator/adjudicator for various airlines.

Good luck and please let us know how you get on.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • Hubster69
    Options
    Ok thanks for your help, I'll keep you posted
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family