Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Easyjet ONLY

Options

Comments

• 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Bloody hell! Firstly your post should be on the EasyJet thread. Secondly read Vauban's Guide before posting. Thirdly if you were delayed (+ 180 mins) prepare yourself either DIY or NWNF claim and fourthly duty of care expenses should be receipt submitted in order to claim ...end of.
  • RandomUser923759
    Options
    Last week I was delayed with easyjet for 4 hours.

When I got on the plane the pilot said "Sorry, this is the first plane we could get available as the plane we were meant to have is stuck in prague with a tech issue"

When I filled in the easyjet comp form they replied saying it is weather related.

Do I have comeback?
  • Justice13075
    Options
    All depends, If the weather affected your flight then probably not. If it affected the flight coming to pick you up then most likely yes. Post your flight details here and someone will have a look
    Please repost this on the easyjet thread
  • RandomUser923759
    Options
    Last week I was delayed with easyjet for 4 hours.

When I got on the plane the pilot said "Sorry, this is the first plane we could get available as the plane we were meant to have is stuck in prague with a tech issue"

When I filled in the easyjet comp form they replied saying it is weather related.

Do I have comeback?

I was on EZY851 LGW-IOM 19/09/2016.
  • RandomUser923759
    Options
    I was on EZY851 LGW-IOM 19/09/2016.
  • Justice13075
    Options
    EuClaims say you are due €250 per passenger. Put your flight details into Bottonline flight checker if they agree google "Vaubans guide" download and read it it is all explained in the guide
  • Justice13075
    Options
    See the reply on the easyjet thread
  • alreeve27
    Options
    Hi,

I recently travelled with Easyjet and the flight arrived 3h 4m late - I have the details from Flightstats which I found through the flight delay compensation section of MSE. I submitted the online claim the day after I returned from holiday and have a print screen of the confirmation message saying I would receive a decision within 21 days. Today marks 21 days and I have not received any response yet.

I have read the great info on MSE about what to do if your claim is rejected, but what would you suggest I do if I have not heard anything back from them by tomorrow? It does not state 21 working days, just 21 days. Do I escalate the claim with the regulator listed at this stage? Or should I attempt to contact Easyjet and speak to someone first?

Thanks
  • glentoran99
    Options
    your options are

Wait as long as you are willing for a reply then

Try resolver
    Take them to court yourself
    Pay a no win no fee firm to do it for you

forget the regulator, waste of time
  • ianG
    ianG Posts: 89 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well, we had a problem leaving Pisa last month so I initially tried using the Resolver site but that site admitted easyJet do not respond to those claims put through there.

So I went through the easyjet site for both compensation and for expenses (in excess of £400!). I had an email from them about the compensation that they agreed to pay and have as yet to receive the cheque.

As for the expenses, not a sausage, just an auto-reply email.

It has now been 2 weeks, what should I do to take this further? Is it reasonable to wait longer, there was a plane load of people but then again they decided to cancel the flight and accepted that we would all be claiming.

Further up the thread someone who has more experience of this has started a Money Claim Online process. A bit early to do this?

Thanks
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure