Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Jet2.com ONLY

Options

Comments

• NoviceAngel
    NoviceAngel Posts: 2,271 Forumite
    Options
    bels333 wrote: »
    Hi all and Breng

Just to let you know Bott have emailed me to say they have had a response from Jet2 so will no longer be pursuing my case for the Tenerife flight due to exceptional circumstances. They've also confirmed theres no charge to me for any of this just to put your mind at rest Breng.

Hey ho was worth a try!

Sad news but thanks for letting us know, I was very sceptical when you told us Botts had taken the case, as I feared your delay has been put down to ATC restrictions.

Ohh well, at least you tried
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • loukeal
    loukeal Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Following on from my last post regarding our flight from lanzarote.... i have issued jet2 with a NBA letter they would received it on Tuesday and i got a reply on Thursday stating they will need to investigate... what i dont understand is when i sent my original complaint back in april jet2 said no sorry we have not done anything wrong.. i then wrote to aesa and they said yes they have they failed duty of care. i then wrote to jet 2 last week stating the results of aesa's investigation and they wrote back saying no sorry we havent! now they are saying we will investigate!! (if this makes any sense at all)
  • NoviceAngel
    edited 21 July 2017 at 7:31PM
    Options
    loukeal wrote: »
    Following on from my last post regarding our flight from lanzarote.... i have issued jet2 with a NBA letter they would received it on Tuesday and i got a reply on Thursday stating they will need to investigate... what i dont understand is when i sent my original complaint back in april jet2 said no sorry we have not done anything wrong.. i then wrote to aesa and they said yes they have they failed duty of care. i then wrote to jet 2 last week stating the results of aesa's investigation and they wrote back saying no sorry we havent! now they are saying we will investigate!! (if this makes any sense at all)

This case still all hinges on whether or not there were ATC restrictions in place, and it would be difficult for you to find out, I would still wait for the outcome of your NBA (if not favourable) then perhaps approach a NWNF solicitor as in previous posts, at the end of the day it costs you nothing to have a go, and the worst that can happen is that they don't take your case on and it costs you nothing ....

I always recommend the DIY route, but yours is a difficult case, and recently we have seen J2 pay out on obvious non EC delays.

Good luck

EDIT - Just wanted to add, don't let the outcome of the NBA drag on, if they have a genuine defence it will come quickly and don't let them delay your claim.
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • NoviceAngel
    Options
    So what happened to this post?

"Hello NoviceAngel,

TIGs has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Jet2.com ONLY - in the Flight Delay Compensation forum of MoneySavingExpert.com Forums."

TIGs you either shouted inflammatory behaviour or were the victim of Jet2, come back to us and we'll help

• Breng
    Breng Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    Thanks for letting me know. It was worth a try though wasnt it
    I still think its wrong but cant do anything can we
    Thanks again
  • loukeal
    loukeal Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    thanks for replying.. i was wondering should they pay out solely on the fact that failed duty of care?
  • NoviceAngel
    Options
    loukeal wrote: »
    thanks for replying.. i was wondering should they pay out solely on the fact that failed duty of care?

You won't get a payout under EC261/2004 regulations just on a 'duty of care' ruling, the regulations refer to flight delay, and the reasons for the delay - if they are an Extraordinary Circumstance or not.

It still all hinges on whether or not ATC restrictions caused the delay.

• TIGs
    TIGs Posts: 420 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    So what happened to this post?

"Hello NoviceAngel,

TIGs has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Jet2.com ONLY - in the Flight Delay Compensation forum of MoneySavingExpert.com Forums."

TIGs you either shouted inflammatory behaviour or were the victim of Jet2, come back to us and we'll help

Sorry I deleted because didn't think this was the right thread.

I am in the process of applying for compensation from jet2 through the resolver claim site for a large flight delay 5 years ago.

I am at the point in the claim where Jet2 are asking to be sent certain correspondence including my booking reference and a copy of my booking confirmation or boarding pass. I do not have either of these as it was so long ago now.

Can anyone advise me on how I can get these or another way around needing these.

Thank You :j
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It would be nice to have them but they are not strictly necessary. How long before you reach the 6 year limit in England and Wales for claiming if you live in Scotland you are too late. Do you remember your flight details?. They could be trying to drag this out so you get to the 6 year limit then they won't have to pay you. If you are say within 3 months and you haven't already sent a letter before action do it straight away. Google and download Vaubans guide and on page 6 is a template letter for you to send, all explained in the guide.
  • TIGs
    TIGs Posts: 420 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    It would be nice to have them but they are not strictly necessary. How long before you reach the 6 year limit in England and Wales for claiming if you live in Scotland you are too late. Do you remember your flight details?. They could be trying to drag this out so you get to the 6 year limit then they won't have to pay you. If you are say within 3 months and you haven't already sent a letter before action do it straight away. Google and download Vaubans guide and on page 6 is a template letter for you to send, all explained in the guide.

Thank you for your reply! My delay was on the 7th of July 2012 so it has been just over 5 years. I have the flight number, date, time and obviously our passenger details but the email stated they needed the other information when contacting them. Should I use the template letter and simply attach the information I have?

This is the email I recieved from Jet2.
    "Thank you for your email.

All correspondence regarding delays and EC Regulation 261/2004, including any requests for an update of an open claim, must be submitted in writing.

On receipt of your postal correspondence, you will receive an acknowledgement to confirm it has been successfully received and is being reviewed.

Please ensure the following is included in initial correspondence:

• Passenger names
    • Booking reference
    • Date of travel
    • Flight number
    • Copy of booking confirmation or boarding pass

If you are claiming on behalf of other passengers with a different family name, we will require written authorisation from them, allowing you to act on their behalf.

Please note, without all the information required, we will be unable to consider your correspondence."

Thank you for your help!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport