Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Jet2.com ONLY

Options

Comments

• JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    You could Issue a SAR to Jet2, this could show any information or data they hold on you inlcuding the above information.
    It costs £10 and is a real PITA for airlines... ;)
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • NoviceAngel
    NoviceAngel Posts: 2,271 Forumite
    Options
    I'd certainly get the NBA in, and say you have supplied enough information to make the claim, if they turn your claim down (doubtful) then issue the SAR as JP states, I also agree with Justice 13075 - don't let them delay things if the matter is not resolved in as little as three months, then certainly issue legal proceedings - that ensures the door to compensation stays open.

Good luck

NoviceAngel
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • JPears
    Options
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-40763488
    31 year old 757....
    And 2birds legal creep assured the judge in my case, in no uncertain terms, that age had NO bearing on the reliability of an aircraft.
    Could he have been wrong?
    Surely not... ;)

• NoviceAngel
    edited 1 August 2017 at 5:09PM
    Options
    JPears wrote: »
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-40763488
    31 year old 757....
    And 2birds legal creep assured the judge in my case, in no uncertain terms, that age had NO bearing on the reliability of an aircraft.
    Could he have been wrong?
    Surely not... ;)

I'm sure your daughter is still within the six year limit boss.

Interesting story though I recently flew from Manchester to Florida with VA was a bit nervous about the age of the plane - but sadly for VA and J2 I live to tell the tale, no delay thankfully just a touchscreen display that didn't work and no room for hand luggage (upper deck) - the posh bit - but the side panels that are supposed to open didn't, think they had been nailed shut!
    :T
    Sorry - I know wrong thread - back to J2 probs :beer::T

I'm sure I can claim under Ec2011 for that!
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • JPears
    Options
    We claimed for the daughter last year, result. :)

• NoviceAngel
    edited 1 August 2017 at 6:53PM
    Options
    JPears wrote: »
    We claimed for the daughter last year, result. :)

Well you kept that bl00dy quiet! I'm glad you finally got a positive result. I do accept PM's you know lol

I keep monitoring this thread and I know you and Tyzap monitor the others and KAB111 takes care of the rest with Vauban looking from above.I've seen an episode of Watchdog on BBC1 where the new ADR process was questioned so just perhaps it's worth sticking around :) I think I might be needed in a small capacity for quite a while (that's what the wife tells me), did I ever mention I hate j2 that much?

Still I should contact our friend at Monarch - some good deals they had this year, I can't afford VA next year - I'll be looking at Cyprus Larnaca next year - Protaras next year I'm on a budget, when do Monarch release flights for next year? Ohh I'm trouble from JP wrong thread and its not a flight delay query, but if you can't use your friends for a bit of inside info once and a while.

• JPears
    Options
    I did leave a cryptic message of our sucess. I even tried resubmitting mine in the hope it might sliup through Jet2's incompetent hands. Alas no they spotted and denied claim.
    I still find it odd that I can't go back to judge and say you got your decision completely wrong as proved by your judicial superiors - rematch required.

• legal_magpie
    legal_magpie Posts: 1,194 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Your point is well made. There are lots of cases (not necessarily airline cases) where, say, County Courts follow a ruling of the Court of Appeal which may have stood for years. Eventually the Supreme Court decides that the Court of Appeal decision was wrong. This doesn't give the very many litigants who lost their cases as a result of the previous rulings the right to reopen their cases. Whether it should is another matter but the main reason is that there has to be finality in litigation.
  • speedypeavey
    Options
    bels333 wrote: »
    Well Jet2 have responded to me as I contacted them directly originally before going to BOtt&co to say, as I thought they would that

'On investigation, the aircraft due to operate your flight was unable to do so as scheduled due to Air Traffic Control Restrictions, more specifically, the closure of the runway.

After careful review, we believe the above reason constitutes an extraordinary circumstance. We also strongly maintain that all reasonable measures were taken to both prevent the extraordinary circumstances and reduce the delay. Compensation for delays caused by extraordinary circumstances are excluded under EC Regulation 261/2004.
    '

I have spoken to Bott and have forwarded the information on to them. Really can't see us winning this one but will wait to hear what they say!

Hi, my partner and I were also delayed in Tenerife on this day. However, the aircraft that burst its tyres coming in from Manchester was our aircraft back to Manchester.

Does this change the scenario?

Thanks.
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi, my partner and I were also delayed in Tenerife on this day. However, the aircraft that burst its tyres coming in from Manchester was our aircraft back to Manchester.

Does this change the scenario?

Thanks.

Hi speedypeavey,

Put your flight details into a couple of flight delay calculators such as Bott & Co or EUclaim to see if they think you have a claim.

It will indicate if it's worth pursuing.

IMO, however, although you were scheduled to be on the same aircraft, which had the technical fault, the runway and airport were subsequently closed. This would then be classed as an extraordinary circumstance, so no compensation due.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure