Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Jet2.com ONLY

Options

Comments

• Skid_Marks
    Options
    It looks as though Jet2 may appeal the decision of the Mansfield County Court in Frost v Jet2.......now isn't that a surprise!

No doubt it will be the same at Liverpool if the decision goes against them.

(info from eudelay on twitter)
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    digging holes deeper and deeper.
    Crowdfund for a JCB?
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • NoviceAngel
    NoviceAngel Posts: 2,271 Forumite
    Options
    JPears wrote: »
    digging holes deeper and deeper.
    Crowdfund for a JCB?

Hmmmm, well if it was to dig a grave for their planes. :beer:
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • supermac9
    Options
    Skid_Marks wrote: »
    It looks as though Jet2 may appeal the decision of the Mansfield County Court in Frost v Jet2.......now isn't that a surprise!

No doubt it will be the same at Liverpool if the decision goes against them.

(info from eudelay on twitter)

Nothing that Jet2 does will come as a surprise to those who read these pages - their lawyers must love them to bits!
  • howticklediam
    howticklediam Posts: 330 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 10 February 2015 at 8:20PM
    Options
    I'd be interested to know how many others have had this paragraph in their letters from Jet2. It's obvious that they write their letters using standard paragraphs, but it would be useful to know to what extent.

"On investigation, extraordinary circumstances led to the delay of your flight. Compensation for delays caused by extraordinary circumstances are excluded under Regulation 261/2004. More specifically the delay was caused by an unexpected flight safety shortcoming."

Ideally I would like real names and dates of letters, but lets see what the response is like first then I might PM people for details.
  • supermac9
    Options
    I'd be interested to know how many others have had this paragraph in their letters from Jet2. It's obvious that they write their letters using standard paragraphs, but it would be useful to know to what extent.

"On investigation, extraordinary circumstances led to the delay of your flight. Compensation for delays caused by extraordinary circumstances are excluded under Regulation 261/2004. More specifically the delay was caused by an unexpected flight safety shortcoming."

Ideally I would like real names and dates of letters, but lets see what the response is like first then I might PM people for details.

I have had an identical letter - they must simply change the name and address.:mad:
  • NoviceAngel
    Options
    Yes I can confirm that it's standard bull from J2
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • mrtonygibson
    Options
    Me too, word for word corporate !!!!!!!!. I think this thread does not need to ask a question with such a predictable answer just to highlight what a disgraceful shower Jet2 are. As a frequent traveller I would estimate that in the past two years since my last delay I have given more than £3000 of business to their rivals as a matter of principal. It would be more of a reality check for Jet2 if others indicated their own estimates of lost business to Jet2. Perhaps these topics could be started on another thread so it does not deflect from the main issue of flight delays?
  • howticklediam
    Options
    Good response so far, any more?
  • Beaux
    Options
    May this year, Nice to Leeds, delayed 5 hours, put in claim, Jet2 says won't pay as delay due to a Technical Fault, which required attendance of a third party engineer, this engineer was delayed, so Jet2 say this constitutes an Extraordinary Circumstance which was beyond their control.
    They say the ruling on Huzar v Jet2 supports their stance on this.

Are they right?
    Feels like I'm dancing with the big boys!

Please give me any thoughts.....

Andy
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport