We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Jet2.com ONLY

Options

Comments

• JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,087 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    As good as any. Usually good feedback on this forum (and little from any other company)
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    poet123 wrote: »
    Does anyone have any recommendations which firm to go for if we go down the NWNF route?

I have 3 delayed flight claims and all came up as claimable on the Bott website. Are they a good bet?

Bott's have successfully handled one claim against Qatar Airways and are currently fighting a very complex case against Jet2.com on my behalf.

I have been to their offices in Wilmslow and met most of the team and so feel qualified to comment.

IMHO, I would stick with them if at all possible as they are a very professional outfit.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • poet123
    poet123 Posts: 24,099 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks, two of my sons are in law but not this area, I have just asked them for their opinion and they said they are a respected firm.

I just don't have the time to file three cases in court myself and know that I would just let it slide, so I have just filed online with Bott.
  • TomUK
    TomUK Posts: 21 Forumite
    edited 26 February 2014 at 4:40PM
    Options
    JPears wrote: »
    All possibilities exist. You coud check with Manchester airport on the weather conditions at the time.
    Unfortunately, not all aircraft are created equal, some are able to land with stong crosswinds/shear etc, some can't, depending on the aircraft type/model load etc. HOWEVER, jet2 mainly operate 737/757s most of which have the relevnt specs for strong winds, since their HQ is Leeds/Bradford which being one of the highest and most exposed tends to suffer from said crosswinds frequently.
    It may take legal action to flush out the truth, and Jet2 will procrastinate and fight all the way.

Yes, but the point remains that Jet2 have already cited an anti ice valve problem on the aircraft as the reason for the delay, so why should this 'strong winds' angle come into the case at all?
    I never envisaged that it would be so difficult to get Bott & Co, to take my case in view of the written evidence I have from jet2 regarding the aircraft fault.
  • David_e
    David_e Posts: 1,498 Forumite
    Options
    TomUK wrote: »
    Yes, but the point remains that Jet2 have already cited an anti ice valve problem on the aircraft as the reason for the delay, so why should this 'strong winds' angle come into the case at all?
    I never envisaged that it would be so difficult to get Bott & Co, to take my case in view of the written evidence I have from jet2 regarding the aircraft fault.

From what I have read, airlines can and will say anything in correspondence but, as JPears says, the only time you will find out the truth is when they have to submit a defence to a court claim.

If Bott & Co won't take the case, then either you need to find another no win no fee firm or take it on yourself.
  • davidrose
    Options
    I have recently encountered a 6 hour delay in a flight from Leeds/Bradford to Malaga.following MSE adavice wrote to jet 2 citing regulation 261/2004.
    They wrote back saying they rejected the claim, They said extraordinary circumstances led to delay in the flight,.More specifically they had unexpected flight safety shortcoming. Consequently there is no entitlement to compensation on this flight.Has anyone else been rejected on this matter.

The flight was on 11th January 2014 Leeds to Malaga
  • David_e
    David_e Posts: 1,498 Forumite
    edited 26 February 2014 at 7:20PM
    Options
    davidrose wrote: »
    Has anyone else been rejected on this matter.

Everyone, I should imagine. Have a read of the FAQs and Jet2 thread to assess the strength of your claim and determine the next steps.

Chances are you would need to take them to court (if the facts put you on the 'right' side of the law) so you need to do that yourself or speak to a no win no fee firm.
  • razorsedge
    Options
    I love the dodgems...

Bumping for Newbies
    The above is just my opinon - which counts for nowt! You must make up your own mind.
  • serenity1983
    Options
    Hi all. I am currently in the middle of trying to make a claim from Jet2. Which they have rejected, I have wrote to them with the initial letter to start the claim, then the next to ask what thier "Extraordinary Circumstance" was. Now I want to write to them to ask for the service record for the plane involved in the delay but cant seem to find a template letter for this.

Our flight was delayed due to the flight crew running out of flying hours, which we were advised of by the ground crew, and then the pilot the next day when we came to take off.

Thanks in advance.
  • CobyBenson
    Options
    I wouldn't waste your time, the only time they'll provide documentation is after court proceedings have been issued... and even then it usually only comes 2 weeks before the hearing.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback