Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Ryanair ONLY

Options

Comments

• JJ_K
    JJ_K Posts: 13 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Am I right in thinking that now that the Jet2.com v Huzar appeal has been unsuccessful there is no need to go down ESCP route as the UK courts will suffice?
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    JJ_K wrote: »
    .....Jet2.com v Huzar appeal has been unsuccessful ......

Where did you read this? Unsuccessful for which side?
  • JJ_K
    Options
    111KAB wrote: »
    Where did you read this? Unsuccessful for which side?

Judgement was actually passed in the High Court back in 11th June. In favour of Huzar as the appeal by Jet2.com was dismissed.

I'm unable to post links in posts but if you put this together it will take you to the judgement:

www bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Civ/2014/791.html

just stick a dot after the www
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    JJ_K wrote: »
    Judgement was actually passed in the High Court back in 11th June. In favour of Huzar as the appeal by Jet2.com was dismissed.

I'm unable to post links in posts but if you put this together it will take you to the judgement:

www bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Civ/2014/791.html

just stick a dot after the www

Suggest you read Huzar thread I posted on yesterday as your information is out of date.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4815669
  • JJ_K
    Options
    The original EU judgement is here:

curia.europa.eu/juris/document/document.jsf;jsessionid=9ea7d2dc30d68e6dbca071c248e9af66a4ed1da2fa7c.e34KaxiLc3qMb40Rch0SaxuOb3f0?text=&docid=73223&pageIndex=0&doclang=EN&mode=lst&dir=&occ=first&part=1&cid=452503
  • JJ_K
    Options
    My apologies as i was not aware of that thread and had just read through every page of this thread and must of missed it somewhere on here!

Couldn't quote your post as it contained a link!!!!!!
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    Options
    Regardless, I don't think you can sue Ryanair in the UK, as their UK presence is structured as a kind of holding company, legally different from the airline business. At least, I think that's right: Dr Watson is the expert!
  • Steve_xx
    Steve_xx Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Vauban wrote: »
    Regardless, I don't think you can sue Ryanair in the UK, as their UK presence is structured as a kind of holding company, legally different from the airline business. At least, I think that's right: Dr Watson is the expert!

I'm kind of the information gathering stage with this one. If the weather was adverse then that is an end to it and I accept that if it's the case. But I want to try and do what I can to ensure that it is due to that and not due to Ryanair simply declining to pay out because it doesn't want to.
  • Steve_xx
    Steve_xx Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 24 September 2014 at 9:01AM
    Options
    Caz3121 wrote: »
    From Flightstats, and assuming the inbound flight was coming in from Manchester
    Scheduled departure from MAN: 6:35PM
    Actual departure from MAN: 7:12PM
    no actual arrival shown

oddly, the BCN-MAN flight does not show on flightstats; cancelled, delayed or otherwise

It's interesting that you said that this flight was scheduled to depart Manchester at 7.12pm. I think that it should have left Manchester at 6.35pm. Looking at the schedule for this Friday, that flight, FR7542 is scheduled to leave Manchester at 6.35pm too. So if it didn't leave until 7.12pm then it was at least 36 minutes late in setting off from Manchester. So this may well be worth persuing. Maybe the weather if it was an issue, would not have been an issue if it had got to Barcelona on time? But then you say that it is not clear whether it actually took off from Manchester at all. Maybe I should try and contact Manchester airport directly about that particular flight. Perhaps they would be in a position to tell me whether or not it actually departed?

This is the flight we ought to have been on:

From Barcelona El Prat T2 to Manchester T3 (FR7543)
    DEPART (BCN)

Barcelona El Prat T2 Fri 22 Aug 2014
    22:40hrs

ARRIVAL (MAN)
    Manchester T3
    Sat 23 Aug 2014
    00:05hrs

• Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,556 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Steve_xx wrote: »
    It's interesting that you said that this flight was scheduled to depart Manchester at 7.12pm. I think that it should have left Manchester at 6.35pm. Looking at the schedule for this Friday, that flight, FR7542 is scheduled to leave Manchester at 6.35pm too. So if it didn't leave until 7.12pm then it was at least 36 minutes late in setting off from Manchester.

My post did show the scheduled time as 6:35pm
    the 7.12pm was the actual time of departure not the scheduled time
    That length of delay can be made up depending on the length of flight - I have been on flights that have left 45 mins late and ended up arriving early
    The problem will have come from when it got to BCN and what the weather situation was like, if it was bad then this vastly reduced the number of flights that take off and land
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback