Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Ryanair ONLY

Options

Comments

• SueDerbyshire
    Options
    I am absolutely over the moon. I dont want to say too much but Ryanair have backed down after mediation and have offered to pay me what I am due. Once I receive my money I will add more, in the meantime, I just want to say a big thank you to everyone who has helped me win :beer:

To anyone thinking of trying to claim back what's rightfully your's, educate yourself fully on the relevant case law for your claim by reading ALL the invaluable advice and links on here. You will win if you are entitled to the money.

Thank you to everyone who has helped me once again.
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Great news - well done SD!
  • Dr_Watson
    Options
    I am absolutely over the moon. I dont want to say too much but Ryanair have backed down after mediation and have offered to pay me what I am due. Once I receive my money I will add more, in the meantime, I just want to say a big thank you to everyone who has helped me win :beer:

To anyone thinking of trying to claim back what's rightfully your's, educate yourself fully on the relevant case law for your claim by reading ALL the invaluable advice and links on here. You will win if you are entitled to the money.

Thank you to everyone who has helped me once again.

Well done Sue!:rotfl::T:beer:

You kept going, and navigated the sometimes strange hurdles of the ESCP, and when RA tried ahem 'Mediation' you stuck to your guns.
    Tenacity indeed.
    I'd keep that draft answer to defendants response on hold for now....
    Enjoy my friend!
    Successfully sued Ryanair in 2013/14...and have been 'helping' litigants since then.

Current known score:-
    Dr Watson 35 - 0 Ryanair / Ince and Co

Go to post 622 on the Ryanair thread to read how to sue them safely.
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Congratulations Sue and a pat on the back (particularly to the Good Doctor) to those who helped you.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sue, fanatastic news:j. I hope Mr O'Leary is spitting feathers :D
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Guliver_Santinni
    Options
    Seconds out round two.....As expected I received the bog standard 'extraordinary' blurb today..
    "We sincerely regret the delay of your flight FR8246 from Bristol to Valencia on the 03/08/2014, which was caused due to an earlier diversion caused by adverse weather conditions."

Very odd given the weather in Valencia was absolutely scorching. The pilot advised it was due to a technical problem with the aircraft in Valencia and the delay was waiting for a replacement.

Anyway next step, I will respond to Ryanair reminding them of various precedents recently set. I have an FOI request with the CAA for information on the actual delay and the same question has been asked of the Spanish aviation authorities.

I think I'm going to enjoy this..
  • Dr_Watson
    Options
    Seconds out round two.....As expected I received the bog standard 'extraordinary' blurb today..
    "We sincerely regret the delay of your flight FR8246 from Bristol to Valencia on the 03/08/2014, which was caused due to an earlier diversion caused by adverse weather conditions."

Very odd given the weather in Valencia was absolutely scorching. The pilot advised it was due to a technical problem with the aircraft in Valencia and the delay was waiting for a replacement.

Anyway next step, I will respond to Ryanair reminding them of various precedents recently set. I have an FOI request with the CAA for information on the actual delay and the same question has been asked of the Spanish aviation authorities.

I think I'm going to enjoy this..

Guliver,
    Your requests to the CAA and AESA, will take time for you to get a response, don't play letter tennis with them, my post 569, explains how to pursue your claim.
    Good luck, and be prepared for a possible long journey although -recent cases have shown that RA have paid up without an unnecessary battle.
    Successfully sued Ryanair in 2013/14...and have been 'helping' litigants since then.

Current known score:-
    Dr Watson 35 - 0 Ryanair / Ince and Co

Go to post 622 on the Ryanair thread to read how to sue them safely.
  • Guliver_Santinni
    Options
    Dr_Watson wrote: »
    Guliver,
    Your requests to the CAA and AESA, will take time for you to get a response, don't play letter tennis with them, my post 569, explains how to pursue your claim.
    Good luck, and be prepared for a possible long journey although -recent cases have shown that RA have paid up without an unnecessary battle.

Thanks Doc a very informative post. I might even go the way of a NWNF, winning and justice means more to me than the £'s. Will mull it over the next couple of days. Appreciate your swift response.. GS
  • inglorius
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I've just read that you are entitled to make a compensation claim up to 6 years after a flight was delayed for 3 hours or more - this interests me greatly as in July 2008 a Ryanair flight I took from Pisa to Birmingham was late by about 8 hours due to a mechanical breakdown on the plane, Ryanair had to fly a spare part in from Birmingham then fix it onto the plane to get us out of there.

I have 2 questions, firstly would a mechanical breakdown qualify myself for a compensation claim, and secondly being so long ago what burden of proof is there to prove that the flight actually was delayed (I have zero evidence of this other than my memory),

thanks
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It shouldn't interest you that much - if you do the maths ...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback