Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Ryanair ONLY

Options

Comments

• Dr_Watson
    Dr_Watson Posts: 451 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well I have had a very interesting phone cal for 40 minutes, I won't go into details on here incase it is being watched but I will say that I wasn't offered enough and said see you in court. The person finally said they would go back to Ryanair and tell them what I would accept and get back to me in 7 days putting everything in writing.

So off to court I go.

Thank you for all your help, it prepared me for some very strange unexpected comments made by the mediator which will not get to me and has just made me even stronger.

Thanks again. Sue x

Good on you Sue,
    RA have made you an offer- take that as you are of course right, and they want to settle quickly- but for less than what you are due.
    Keep on course and prepare for your written hearing, what's due to you may be a while in coming but it will be the full amount and nothing less.
    Believe me it'll be sweet tasting....
    Successfully sued Ryanair in 2013/14...and have been 'helping' litigants since then.

Current known score:-
    Dr Watson 35 - 0 Ryanair / Ince and Co

Go to post 622 on the Ryanair thread to read how to sue them safely.
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well done for holding your ground Sue. And - as I have every confidence that Ryanair's representatives read this forum too - shame on them for trying to bounce you out of what you are rightly owed.

I'm intrigued to hear your reference to "strange, unexpected comments": though not surprised that they would seek to undermine your confidence in your claim. Do share their nonsense, if you are so inclined - I could do with a laugh!
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Remember they also don't want a court judgement showing up on their business accounts as this can affect future financial affairs - even for big business.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • SueDerbyshire
    Options
    Sent you a PM
    Vauban wrote: »
    Well done for holding your ground Sue. And - as I have every confidence that Ryanair's representatives read this forum too - shame on them for trying to bounce you out of what you are rightly owed.

I'm intrigued to hear your reference to "strange, unexpected comments": though not surprised that they would seek to undermine your confidence in your claim. Do share their nonsense, if you are so inclined - I could do with a laugh!
  • SueDerbyshire
    Options
    JPears wrote: »
    Remember they also don't want a court judgement showing up on their business accounts as this can affect future financial affairs - even for big business.

Good point, I should have mentioned that in our lovely conversation. I'm sure I will get that opportunity at some point.

I just want this all over so that I can start helping others fight their case, nothing beats experience I feel.

Thank you once again for your excellent advice.

Sue
  • Pmcm_2
    Pmcm_2 Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, there was 4 of us on our booking on a flight from Ibiza to Liverpool on the 4/8/2014. We were delayed by over 4 hours, when we boarded, the crew told us they had been sent to Marseille to replace a plane that was broken there and that was the cause of the delay. There hadn't been any technical fault with our plane. I have tried to claim from Ryanair and they have replied saying the delay "was caused due to an unexpected technical with the aircraft due to operate your flight." This is a blatant lie, there was nothing wrong with our plane, so I was wondering where we stand now?
  • Dr_Watson
    Options
    Pmcm wrote: »
    Hi, there was 4 of us on our booking on a flight from Ibiza to Liverpool on the 4/8/2014. We were delayed by over 4 hours, when we boarded, the crew told us they had been sent to Marseille to replace a plane that was broken there and that was the cause of the delay. There hadn't been any technical fault with our plane. I have tried to claim from Ryanair and they have replied saying the delay "was caused due to an unexpected technical with the aircraft due to operate your flight." This is a blatant lie, there was nothing wrong with our plane, so I was wondering where we stand now?

Go to my post 569, all is explained there.
    Successfully sued Ryanair in 2013/14...and have been 'helping' litigants since then.

• JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    And of course Ryanair specifically charge a fee for "261/2004" reg, thereby negating their own terms and conditions? ;)
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Dr_Watson
    Options
    JPears wrote: »
    And of course Ryanair specifically charge a fee for "261/2004" reg, thereby negating their own terms and conditions? ;)

Ha ha, love it JP!:T:T

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback