Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Ryanair ONLY

Options

Comments

• bagand96
    bagand96 Posts: 6,111 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I find it unbelievable that Ryanair didn't tell OnTheBeach that the flight had changed. Basically, it's an automated system, Ryanair send the change notification to the email address that was used when the flight was booked. I'm guessing this is an OTB email account? And they have either not monitored it or failed to tell you of the flight change.

Had you booked directly with the airline you'd have had far more notice and options. I think you need to chase up OTB. However the problem you have is all your other bookings and very little time to sort everything.

OTB are useless. I know this doesn't help you now - always book a flight direct with the airline rather than an agent like OTB.
  • keithd007
    Options
    my flight got cancelled due to French air traffic control.
    it was delayed for three days.(we were put up in a hotel on a b&b basis) can I make a claim ?.
    airline was Ryanair.
  • David_e
    David_e Posts: 1,498 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    keithd007 wrote: »
    my flight got cancelled due to French air traffic control.
    it was delayed for three days.(we were put up in a hotel on a b&b basis) can I make a claim ?.
    airline was Ryanair.

Have a read of the FAQs and, in the unlikely event your question isn't answered there, please post on the Ryanair thread.
  • Dagahc
    Options
    Can anyone help please. On the 20/07/14 I was on Ryanair flight FR2131 from Manchester to Lanzarote, which arrived 12 hours late. I am currently looking into insurance and compensation claims however I am not sure of the actual flight arrival time. Ryanair sent the usual sorry for you delay but as it was exceptional circumstances you wont get anything email and stated the flight was 11 hours 55 minutes delayed, which is convenient as I can only claim from my travel insurance if the delay was over 12 hours. We are sure the flight was over 12 hours delayed but can find no way to check this. I have tried this sites link to the flight delay website and although it recognised the flight it didn't hold any information on arrival times.
    Any ideas please.

Thank you
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,548 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
  • pyjamas_2
    pyjamas_2 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 9 August 2014 at 10:35AM
    Options
    I was delayed for over 4 hours by ryanair flight from Almeria to Stansted. Reason given, as usual it seems, out of their control. I actually received an email saying they were not responsible. A member of the cabin crew was taken ill and they decided not to fly with one less member of staff, they had to send for a replacement from Malaga, 3+hours away. (I understand that this is a Health and Safety ruling) Has anyone been successful in claiming compensation from ryanair under these circumstances and advice on how to go about it. I have sent 2 letters already with no response from Ryanair which seems to be the usual tactic from them.
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    pyjamas wrote: »
    I was delayed for over 4 hours by ryanair flight from Almeria to Stansted. Reason given, as usual it seems, out of their control. I actually received an email saying they were not responsible. A member of the cabin crew was taken ill and they decided not to fly with one less member of staff, they had to send for a replacement from Malaga, 3+hours away. (I understand that this is a Health and Safety ruling) Has anyone been successful in claiming compensation from ryanair under these circumstances and advice on how to go about it. I have sent 2 letters already with no response from Ryanair which seems to be the usual tactic from them.

Should be on Ryanair thread - read posts from the good Doctor on there - you have a valid claim but will probably need to instigate court action to get Mr O'Leary to give you what is rightfully yours.
  • nysje
    nysje Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, I am considering lodging a claim against Ryanair. We were flying from Manchester to Faro a couple of weeks ago and were delayed by 4 hours. There are two causes of the delay:

1. Two the arriving passengers (who came on on the plane we were about to board) took an unsecured lift and mixed with us who were waiting on the staircase in the gate to board the plane. This meant we had to go through security again. Apparently this happens all the time in Manchester and it is clear that if ryainair waited for everybody to disembark first, it could not happen. Instead they showed us on the stairs before the people even got of the plane.
    2. once we boarded the plane (after two hours) the pilot discovered during pre-flight checks that the plane has developed a fault so we had to get of the plane and board another replacement plane.

what is your opinion - claim or no claim?
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    No claim - the security issue outside of FR control and by your own admission this made up half the delay period.
  • charlen80
    Options
    Hi we were on the man-faro flight aswell, and we will be making a claim/complaint. The airport staff told us that this happens frequently. Our problem was that we did not get offered refreshments or anything to eat even after 4 hrs. We had young children with us and we're told that if we wanted a drink we would have to move from the stairs where we were queueing and go back into the airport! The stairs were full of people and even if we made it back into the airport we would of been holding the plane up yet again. So we asked the steward for a drink but we were told no due to the 2nd plane we were going on didn't have any drinks!!! We made a bit of a fuss and the pilot agreed to get drinks onboard. Once we got seated on the 2nd plane we were then told there was no fuel and that we would have a further delay in waiting for then to refuel, eventually the,staff closed the door at 11.22 pm. So it was 4 hrs and 12 minute delay. We also had to phone faro to rearrange our taxi but it wasn't until we checked our emails a few days later that we could of made a free phonecall instead of using our mobile. None of the staff mentioned checking our emails as we could changed flights etc. We normally fly with Ra and we have never had any problems but I think this time it is worth a complaint. Keep intouch and we can update with any progress.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback