Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Ryanair ONLY

Options

Comments

• Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Which court issued the judgement and did they specify an exact amount?

If the court says pay x and Ryanair pay Y I believe it MAY be contempt of court, to which you should inform the court immediately.

Dr Watson and Legal Magpie may know better tho.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    MaryGold wrote: »
    My, what a friendly and well-mannered lot you are...

Don't shoot the messenger. I can't change the facts, I can only pass them on to you.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,087 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    MaryGold wrote: »
    My, what a friendly and well-mannered lot you are...
    Yes. Yes we are.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Tropically
    Tropically Posts: 427 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have a claim with RyanAir and the AESA has judged in my favour, but RyanAir has refused to accept this. I believe my next option is submitting a NBA.

Will it harm me if I offer a settlement amount? I would accept a refund of the flight (£150ish), rather than the 800 Euros the AESA has said I deserve. If I agree to settle to an amount of £150 to avoid going to small claims court, would I be limited to £150 if it DID go to court?
    Mortgage started at £318,000 in June 2016. Original MF - 2041 :eek:
    2nd Property Mortgage at £275,000. Mortgage free: 2049 :eek:
    Total OPs: £29529
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Tropically wrote: »
    I have a claim with RyanAir and the AESA has judged in my favour, but RyanAir has refused to accept this. I believe my next option is submitting a NBA.

Will it harm me if I offer a settlement amount? I would accept a refund of the flight (£150ish), rather than the 800 Euros the AESA has said I deserve. If I agree to settle to an amount of £150 to avoid going to small claims court, would I be limited to £150 if it DID go to court?

Hi Tropically,

Do you mean AviationADR have ruled in your favour?

I would not be so quick to accept £150 instead of €800, there are other options open to you before that and there are willing advisors here to help you get what you are legally due.

Good luck
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Tropically wrote: »

There's also AviationADR which is a free service.
  • Tropically
    Tropically Posts: 427 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Tyzap wrote: »
    Hi Tropically,

Do you mean AviationADR have ruled in your favour?

I would not be so quick to accept £150 instead of €800, there are other options open to you before that and there are willing advisors here to help you get what you are legally due.

Good luck

La Agencia Estatal de Seguridad A!rea ruled in my favour. I think it is the Spanish equivalent of the CAA. The flight was leaving from Spain and that is where Resolver escalated the claim to. Should I go to AviationADR next or straight to small claims?
    Mortgage started at £318,000 in June 2016. Original MF - 2041 :eek:
    2nd Property Mortgage at £275,000. Mortgage free: 2049 :eek:
    Total OPs: £29529
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,087 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    It's up to you, depends how much time you want to waste ;)
    AESA decision is in effect, worthless, RA as you discover just ignore it.

ADR is free if you win, relatively low effort, but could go against you. RA could still ignore even if adjudicator finds in your favour as they have almost no powers of enforcement.
    ESCP more hassle BUT RA can't ignore ANY of it.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • ihaveaq
    ihaveaq Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    Sheffield county court, they said I get €250 plus £35 court fee.
    This should Ben £255 but Ryanair sent me £231 or so.
  • eastcorkram
    eastcorkram Posts: 735 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Looking for some quick advice.
    In short, Flight delay yesterday , Cork to Stansted. Delay was eventually about 8 hours. As far as I'm aware , I'm supposed to be entitled to compensation. Now, on the website, there is a way to claim a full refund for a delayed flight. There is also a separate way to claim compensation. Which of these am I meant to do?? If I do the first one, I presume I'll get back what I paid for that leg of the flight. Bu the figure being mentioned yesterday was 250 euro compensation. If I fill in the online form for that, there are only three options.
    1 That you re booked a different flight with Ryanair
    2 You booked with a different airline
    3 you just didn't travel

Now, none of these are true in my case. I just went on the original flight number . Which took off and landed about 8 hours late. It also asks for other expenses, like food and so on. I'm not interested in this. I have no receipts anyway. But if I leave it blank, it won't submit the form. If I put in a figure of 0.00, then it still won't submit.
    Should I just be doing the first option of only applying for a refund?

Just for the record. In the end, As it's not possible to use the claim form, I was advised by RA to just put in an email complaint. I did this, and today, got an email saying that the cheque was in the post £219, (250 euro)
    Took 8 or 9 working days in total. :beer:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.8K Travel & Transport