Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Ryanair ONLY

Options

Comments

• philpettinger
    philpettinger Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 13 July 2017 at 2:14PM
    Options
    Received 800 Euros (2 passengers Birmingham to Gran Canaria) for a 3hour 15 min flight delay. It took 2 emails and 21 days to get answer. The plane had technical issues on runway at Birmingham.
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Received 800 Euros (2 passengers Birmingham to Gran Canaria) for a 3hour 15 min flight delay. It took 2 emails and 21 days to get answer. The plane had technical issues on runway at Birmingham.

Phil,

Your claim must be that one in a million.

An amazing coincidence that you posted for the first time just when I was explaining how difficult RA usually are too.

You say it only took you 21 days to get the answer but how long did it take to get your money!

For the benefit of other please give us more detail about your claim.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • themass
    themass Posts: 142 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 14 July 2017 at 9:32AM
    Options
    JPears wrote: »
    If the flight actually left in the end, then the passenger could claim denied boarding?

Tell me more please,
    My time line, checked in 5pm, then this flight cancelled at 6.33

Dear Steven Marshall,
    We sincerely apologise for the cancellation of your flight FR1122 from Tenerife-South to Birmingham on the 27-06-2017. There are two options available to you.
    Your next steps are outlined below:
    1. Apply for a refund
    Refund
    If you wish to cancel your reservation and claim a full refund of the unused flight(s) click Refund and enter your booking details.
    Refunds will be processed within 7 working days back to the form of payment used for the original booking.
    2. Change your Cancelled Flight (for free)
    Change Flight
    The easiest way to change your cancelled flight for free to Birmingham (subject to seat availability) is by clicking "Change Flight" to transfer your booking online.
    If you require rerouting options, departing / arriving from another airport served by Ryanair or changing an unaffected return flight, please contact one of our advisors using our Free Online Chat or calling one of our customer service Contacts Numbers.
    We understand the inconvenience of flight cancellations and will accommodate your option of choice wherever possible, while complying with EU Regulation 261/2004.
    For more information on cancellations visit our Frequently Asked Questions
    We again apologise for the cancellation of your flight.
    Sincerely
    Ryanair Customer Services.
  • themass
    Options
    pleas note, no other flights were available and it would not give us a refund.
    After the long queue wait advised by Ryanair staff to find another airline.
    done Jet2 booked at 7.37, at this stage we are off to collect our checked in bags
    then at 20.11 we get this
    Dear Steven Marshall,
    We sincerely apologise for the cancellation of your flight FR1122 from Tenerife South to Birmingham.
    All passengers in your booking have been transferred to the following flight:
    To Birmingham: FR1122
    Depart: Tenerife South
    Date: 27/6/2017
    Time: 21:00
    Arrival: Birmingham
    Date: 28/06/2018
    Time: 01:25
    To take this flight you can check-in through our app and save the boarding pass to your phone or through our website and re-print your boarding pass. If you can’t access either, we’ll re-issue your boarding pass for free at the airport ticket desk
    If you choose not to travel on this flight you can apply for a refund of all unused flights or transfer to another flight here
    We are committed to providing on time services for all passengers, but exceptionally there are situations outside of our control that affect our flight operations. We try our best to minimise the inconvenience of flight disruptions while complying with EU Regulation 261/2004.
    For more information on delays visit our Frequently Asked Questions
    We again apologise for the delay of your flight.
    Sincerely
    Ryanair Customer Services.
    Now if we had our cases we would have already left the airport
  • themass
    edited 14 July 2017 at 9:34AM
    Options
    The whole thing is a joke, i dont want compo, gone past that just our money we paid to Jet2.
    i have contacted Bott&Co they are looking into it, Natwest have twice told me Ryanair should cough up, some holiday eh

Updated, Bott and Co have agreed to take this on.
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    themass wrote: »
    The whole thing is a joke, i dont want compo, gone past that just our money we paid to Jet2.
    i have contacted Bott&Co they are looking into it, Natwest have twice told me Ryanair should cough up, some holiday eh

Updated, Bott and Co have agreed to take this on.

I'm surprised but very pleased, it should make your claim much easier.

Good luck and please keep us updated on any progress.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    So did you actually travel with Ryanir or Jet2 in the end?
    If the latter, then Ryanair effectively denied you boarding as the flight still departed, the fact that the Jet2 tyre burst caused the delay becomes irrelevant in connection with a denied boarding.
    It will be interesting to see what arguements Bott use in support of your claim.
    And if you eventually flew Jet2 fro Teneriffe South, the irony is marvellous... ;)
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • themass
    edited 14 July 2017 at 10:27AM
    Options
    Yes Ryanair, they would not give us our luggage back.
    All such a mess, if we would have had our cases we would have left the airport and flown back a day later, good job we did not book a room as well.
    It seems to me someone made a premature call to cancel the flights and this person should be accountable for what happened after that, if they just said you have a four delay fair enough but for the whole circle wow, what were people supposed to have done, OAP`S were crying the had no smartphones etc, total shambles.
  • rflook
    rflook Posts: 70 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi,

Our flight was cancelled yesterday from Barcelona to Gatwick. We sorted alternative arrangements by ourselves and are flying back via Birmingham. On the easyjet app we are being offered a refund or a reschedule with them. We couldn't take the reschedule as the next flight was Thursday. I haven't clicked the request refund option yet as am unsure as to whether I can take the refund, claim for my alternative flights (with Ryanair) and claim compensation under EU regulations.

Can anyone help clarify what I options I might have. I don't want to accept the refund and scupper my chances of claiming for my flights with RyanAir or/and compensation.
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,550 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    what was the reason for the cancellation? if this was related to the runway closure then EU261 compensation is unlikely to be due
    http://www.citynews.ca/2017/07/17/air-canada-plane-bursts-tire-on-take-off-at-gatwick/
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback