Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Ryanair ONLY

Options

Comments

• Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi mbzon,

Having had a look into what happened I can see that the weather was bad enough to stop all arrivals at Bergamo for a while during the evening. Your aircraft circled, for around half an hour, while other aircraft attempted to land unsuccessfully.

Your flight then diverted, along with others, to Milan.

Unfortunately, as this was a weather related delay, you do not qualify for compensation.

Ryanair's poor handling of the situation obviously exacerbated the situation, unfortunately again tho, this does not qualify you for any compensation.

You could complain to RA customer services, but I feel you would just be wasting more of your time.

I cannot see any way forwards other that to put it down to experience.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • mbzon
    mbzon Posts: 43 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Tyzap wrote: »
    Hi mbzon,

Having had a look into what happened I can see that the weather was bad enough to stop all arrivals at Bergamo for a while during the evening. Your aircraft circled, for around half an hour, while other aircraft attempted to land unsuccessfully.

Your flight then diverted, along with others, to Milan.

Unfortunately, as this was a weather related delay, you do not qualify for compensation.

Ryanair's poor handling of the situation obviously exacerbated the situation, unfortunately again tho, this does not qualify you for any compensation.

You could complain to RA customer services, but I feel you would just be wasting more of your time.

I cannot see any way forwards other that to put it down to experience.

Oh, I'm quite sad to hear that... It's a shame that basically as long as the original cause of the delay is weather, after that point they don't have to care about their passengers at all :/ It's hard to calculate but in my opinion the delay was more than 2 hours longer than it needed to be due to their bad handling of the situation. Not to mention the lack of information, refreshments and refusing to give us information on our compensation rights when asked.

Anyway thanks for checking it out for me, I will still write them my complaint and will see what they say. Though I definitely don't expect them to care about customers if a law doesn't enforce them to.
  • owenp
    owenp Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    Please could I ask for advice on this.
    I submitted my claim via the Resolver link and got an email saying Ryanair accept my claim and will pay 800 euro but to claim they ask for the 6 digit Customer Reference Number on the email. But the number has 7 digits and it isn't accepted. I've tried just the first 6 digits but that doesn't work either.
    I don't know what else to try. I'm so close. Please could anyone help?
    Thank you
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    owenp wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    Please could I ask for advice on this.
    I submitted my claim via the Resolver link and got an email saying Ryanair accept my claim and will pay 800 euro but to claim they ask for the 6 digit Customer Reference Number on the email. But the number has 7 digits and it isn't accepted. I've tried just the first 6 digits but that doesn't work either.
    I don't know what else to try. I'm so close. Please could anyone help?
    Thank you

Hi Owenp,

Try contacting them publicly via social media or, failing that, phone them.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • garylaw_2
    Options
    hello

what can i do if ryanair has cancelled route to kiev and no longer flys to ukraine.
    will they pay for my accomadation aswell as my flights i have already paid for??
    what can i do?

please help
  • Tigsteroonie
    Tigsteroonie Posts: 24,954 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    What does your travel insurance say about cancellation?

You did take out travel insurance, didn't you?
    :heartpuls Mrs Marleyboy :heartpuls

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

:) Proud Parents to an Aut-some son :)
  • garylaw_2
    Options
    i have a £50 excess on the insurance for cancellation
  • phatbear
    phatbear Posts: 4,032 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    and did you pay for a cancellable hotel room?

you didnt buy a holiday package with ryanair so your accomodation is not their responsibility
    Live each day like its your last because one day you'll be right
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    How long before your flight date did they inform you if it was more than 14 days there is no compensation but you should get a refund of your flight cost. As for anything else insurance claim.
  • garylaw_2
    Options
    informed today by email, flight is november 30th, ryanair has cancelled its entire route to ukraine and pulled out of the country and deal it had with ukraine
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback