Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Ryanair ONLY

Comments

• I can't quite believe it... I think I might have done it!! Yesterday I got a response from Ryanair saying they'd reviewed my case and would pay out. Hooray!!! I'm still not holding my breath as the bank details website thing seems to require a European account, but we'll see how that goes. All being well though, I want to say a huge huge thanks to all of you for your guides, advice, templates, supports encouragements......! Doubtless without I would have become one of the many who gave up on this because too much hassle.
    For the sake of anyone else on the flight, it was FY589 on 16th May 2015 from Pisa to Stansted
  • lonegroover70
    lonegroover70 Posts: 8 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 28 September 2015 at 8:56PM
    Prestwick To Barcelona June 15th

Hi Dr Watson Vaubhan and others.

I checked my house insurance and did not realise i had legal cover so i went via Glasgow HBJ Solicitors and they sent the first letter to Ryanair on August 28th and today i got the news i will be fully reimbursed to the sum of 800 Euros.

I would not have started this process if had not been for this site and forum members.

Can i just say a BIG thanks to everyone as my wife and i are delighted.

Power to the People !!!

If i can help anyone and share my experiences please let me know.

Lonegroover
  • lonegroover70,
    Well done from me. Delighted for you and your good lady wife!
    :beer::j
    Successfully sued Ryanair in 2013/14...and have been 'helping' litigants since then.

Current known score:-
    Dr Watson 35 - 0 Ryanair / Ince and Co

Go to post 622 on the Ryanair thread to read how to sue them safely.
  • Friday 25th: September FR8352 from Almeria to London Stansted delayed by 212 minutes.

Saturday 26th: email from Ryanair linking to to the EU regs but saying we couldn't claim as it was "extraordinary circumstances". It was a knock on delay caused by the incoming aircraft going tech before the flight in

Sunday 27th: Claim submitted through the Resolver website.

Tuesday 29th: Letter from Ryanair agreeing to pay £590.80 compensation (two people)

How many were put off by the Saturday email?
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Friday 25th: September FR8352 from Almeria to London Stansted delayed by 212 minutes.

Saturday 26th: email from Ryanair linking to to the EU regs but saying we couldn't claim as it was "extraordinary circumstances". It was a knock on delay caused by the incoming aircraft going tech before the flight in

Sunday 27th: Claim submitted through the Resolver website.

Tuesday 29th: Letter from Ryanair agreeing to pay £590.80 compensation (two people)

How many were put off by the Saturday email?

Great news, well done.

I doubt it would have happened so quickly tho had the CAA not got them under close scrutiny and on a short leash at this moment in time.

It's amazing what the threat of legal action by the CAA can do!

Good news none the less.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I think you should write to the CAA making them aware of Rynair's bluff tactics, denying any claim validity as a matter of course. As you say, how many people would be put of by the disingenuous, blatant untruth by Ryanair's email?
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • That sounds like a plan. I'll wait until the money is in the bank though :)
  • A massive thank you to Vauban, Dr Watson, and all other contributors to this particular thread. I've quietly gone through the guidance (and the motions), and received email notification today from Ryanair confirming cheque for €1200 is on its way:beer:.
    VdL v KLM was the final nail in their coffin, yet all the advice and guidance from you guys is very, very much appreciated....!!!:beer:
  • phillisimo wrote: »
    A massive thank you to Vauban, Dr Watson, and all other contributors to this particular thread.

phillisimo,
    It's our pleasure!
    Well done to you, another success story....like buses...I like it!:beer::j
    Successfully sued Ryanair in 2013/14...and have been 'helping' litigants since then.

Current known score:-
    Dr Watson 35 - 0 Ryanair / Ince and Co

Go to post 622 on the Ryanair thread to read how to sue them safely.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback