Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Ryanair ONLY

Options

Comments

• Andypandyboy
    Andypandyboy Posts: 2,472 Forumite
    Options
    Is interest payable on all these claims from the airlines who are still dragging their feet lke Ryanair?
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Is interest payable on all these claims from the airlines who are still dragging their feet lke Ryanair?

Only if subject to court action and awarded by court.
  • etiene
    etiene Posts: 5 Forumite
    edited 27 May 2015 at 4:26PM
    Options
    Hi all, am I right in thinking that the first step is a letter to Ryanair based off on of the templates followed by the Euro form if/when denied? The Ryanair page linked only seems to be for refunds, not mentioning a procedure for compensation claims...

Thanks for the help,
    e
  • Dr_Watson
    Dr_Watson Posts: 451 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    etiene wrote: »
    Hi all, am I right in thinking that the first step is a letter to Ryanair based off on of the templates followed by the Euro form if/when denied? The Ryanair page linked only seems to be for refunds, not mentioning a procedure for compensation claims...

Thanks for the help,
    e

etiene,
    Yes that's right -NBA/ LBA to Ryanair first, then start court proceedings using the ESCP if needed.
    Go to my post #569, to read how your journey will evolve.
    Also have a good read of Vaubans guide.
    Good luck and keep going.
    Successfully sued Ryanair in 2013/14...and have been 'helping' litigants since then.

Current known score:-
    Dr Watson 35 - 0 Ryanair / Ince and Co

Go to post 622 on the Ryanair thread to read how to sue them safely.
  • Dr_Watson
    Options
    gjchester wrote: »
    Not sure if it was covered here (Apologies if this was) but the latest Botts Client Update email notes:

Note this is their Text and I'm not trying to steal attribution....

Ryanair
    We had been of the understanding that Ryanair were given permission to appeal the Allen v Jet2 ruling, however, we have since had official confirmation that the airline has NOT been given permission to appeal – so it’s great news for passengers with claims against Ryanair and the thousands of others whose claims were affected by the Allen v Jet2 case.

The fact that the Courts have ruled in favour of the consumer once again signifies a fantastic step in the right direction for the thousands of passengers who have suffered from the airline’s refusal to meet their obligations to their customers.

The Court’s refusal to grant Ryanair permission to appeal gives us the go ahead to issue court proceedings against the airline where delays were caused by spontaneous technical issues. Over the coming weeks we will be working far beyond normal office hours to issue bulk court proceedings against Ryanair. We thank our clients for their patience during this time.

Which all sounded like good reason and good news, then this was received today;

Dear Dr Watson,
    Thank you for your e mail dated 26th May....
    I can inform you, however, that the appeal in A00BL834 Barnes v Ryanair is listed to be heard at 10.30am on 9th July at the County Court at Liverpool.

So an appeal is to be allowed following Judge Jenkinson's ruling in the combined Allen cases- for the Ryanair element of this....
    Successfully sued Ryanair in 2013/14...and have been 'helping' litigants since then.

• JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    "they wouldn't let it lie"......
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Medis111
    Medis111 Posts: 56 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Received the cheque from RA yesterday. Thank you for all your help!
  • Dr_Watson
    Options
    Medis111 wrote: »
    Received the cheque from RA yesterday. Thank you for all your help!

Well done!
    I'll be up in Leeds for :beer: soon!

• LiziS
    LiziS Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all,
    Thanks for all the really helpful info and the guides. I have just had my first "pending the Liverpool CC appeal we cannot consider your claim" email from RA.
    I have 2 questions
    - should my next step be a NBA letter or go through the CCA first to demonstrate I've tried to resolve it without small claims court?
    - would it be best to just wait before doing anything until 10th July to see if the appeal is dismissed?
  • Dr_Watson
    Options
    LiziS wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Thanks for all the really helpful info and the guides. I have just had my first "pending the Liverpool CC appeal we cannot consider your claim" email from RA.
    I have 2 questions
    - should my next step be a NBA letter or go through the CCA first to demonstrate I've tried to resolve it without small claims court?
    - would it be best to just wait before doing anything until 10th July to see if the appeal is dismissed?

LiziS
    Welcome to the Ryanair Forum.
    Do get your NBA letter sent off to RA straight away, it is important to start the process and to get your claim into the legal system and i'd do this as soon as possible after your delay.
    This then nullifies any potential 2 year time bar nonsense that may come your way.
    When this gets rejected/ignored then start court proceedings using the ESCP.
    RA may not consider any claim until after the appeal is heard on the 10th July where a tech fault is being used as the excuse for any such 'extraordinary circumstance'.
    At this point you don't know the reason why they are rejecting your claim and only by issuing court proceedings will you find out, they may be claiming something else 'extraordinary' but not a tech fault and this should not be affected by the cases stayed and the appeal on the 10th July.
    It may be that RA will claim a tech fault as the 'extraordinary circumstance' that delayed your flight ....then events after the 10th July will be interesting.
    Good luck and keep going.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback