Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Tui/Thomson ONLY

Options

Comments

• Shug61
    Shug61 Posts: 36 Forumite
    edited 2 July 2018 at 5:03PM
    Options
    philng wrote: »
    I am 1 day before you with CEDR decision 15/6 my file states airline has 28 days to make payment with file deadline showing 13/7/18.

Have not heard anything direct from TUI so suspect I will need further help from CEDR to gain payment.

Strange one. I thought they had 28 days to pay, but mail from CEDR was pretty clear that they had 20 days to provide evidence that they had taken all required steps as per the final decission.
    However the deadline on the CEDR site is showing as 14/07/18.
    Not an issue as away on business next week so will follow up when back if no payment.
    All steps (to me at least) would mean proof they had paid or at least asked for details. Tui have my address from the original booking reference, so presume cheque will be on its way to me in a few days... Otherwise they havent complied with the binding decision
  • philng
    philng Posts: 801 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Shug61 wrote: »
    Strange one. I thought they had 28 days to pay, but mail from CEDR was pretty clear that they had 20 days to provide evidence that they had taken all required steps as per the final decission.
    However the deadline on the CEDR site is showing as 14/07/18.
    Not an issue as away on business next week so will follow up when back if no payment.
    All steps (to me at least) would mean proof they had paid or at least asked for details. Tui have my address from the original booking reference, so presume cheque will be on its way to me in a few days... Otherwise they havent complied with the binding decision

I contacted CEDR today by phone to check progress. My e mail also stated 20 days but CEDR say that should have stated 20 working days so that is 13/7/18 deadline & if TUI don't contact me by then then contact CEDR again who will chase up TUI.
  • Shug61
    Options
    I contacted CEDR today by phone to check progress. My e mail also stated 20 days but CEDR say that should have stated 20 working days so that is 13/7/18 deadline & if TUI don't contact me by then then contact CEDR again who will chase up TUI.

Hi, just had an update via CEDR site. Tui have asked for my bank details to arrange payment within 20 days. Have just asked if there is an email I can send to as not sure if secure to post this on the CEDR site.
  • philng
    Options
    Shug61 wrote: »
    Hi, just had an update via CEDR site. Tui have asked for my bank details to arrange payment within 20 days. Have just asked if there is an email I can send to as not sure if secure to post this on the CEDR site.

Interesting as I have had no further update with deadline due tomorrow 13/7. From recall my case was 1 day before yours so I reckon I should have heard something.

Will contact CEDR tomorrow to chase up.
  • Shug61
    Options
    Interesting as I have had no further update with deadline due tomorrow 13/7. From recall my case was 1 day before yours so I reckon I should have heard something.

Yep, mine had a deadline of 14/07, so surprised to be contacted before you.

Good luck
  • Shug61
    Options
    Just called CEDR, and they advised to post my bank details on the chain on their site.

Just did it so hopefully payment will land in 20days or less.
  • philng
    Options

Well todays deadline has come and gone and no contact from tui or cedr.

Spoke to cedr who said we have to wait until today deadline has passed and then they can chase up tui who have to abide by cedr decision. So will recontact Monday.
  • **Juice**
    **Juice** Posts: 490 Forumite
    Options
    I just want to vent for a min - my TUI return flight was delayed by 24 hours and 45 minutes due to technical issues at the UK side which meant that the crew had worked too long.

Everything to claim pushed me towards doing it through a web form where I submitted all information and supplementary bits and pieces. I didn't get any sort of acknowledgement after submission so a few weeks later emailed TUI to make sure that I had a record of contacting and to make sure they had my claim.

So far I've had nothing from them and rang earlier in the week to be told nothing was on the system from my original claim - but it could take 56 days to be added to the system - but they had noted a claim just in my name (2 x passengers on booking) which they had picked up from the email I sent chasing up the info I submitted. I'm so annoyed by this as I feel like I've done everything that they wanted but it might now get messed up. She also told me that email queries get picked up quicker than web forms which is why they've actioned my chaser email but not picked up my actual claim yet - surely this isn't right?!

The TUI person I spoke to was keen to say that just because it wasn't on yet it might just mean it's waiting to be added. I'm tempted to resend the info I have just so that they can't delay anything. They've been a bit rubbish throughout tbh so I totally don't trust them.
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just send them a letter before action give them 14 days to pay if they fail to pay sue them
  • **Juice**
    **Juice** Posts: 490 Forumite
    Options
    We were on the opposite end of that flight and our return to the UK from Costa Rica was delayed by 24 hours. I've put in a claim at the end of May but heard nothing yet.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback