Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Tui/Thomson ONLY

Options

Comments

• JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hmmm, I hope your excitement is short lived and replaced by elation at getting your money!
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • NoviceAngel
    NoviceAngel Posts: 2,271 Forumite
    Options
    CEDR wrote: »
    Hi. Can you email your case number to adr@cedr.com and I will chase down the payment for you. John, CEDR

It would be good if John at CEDR would hang around and help passengers with claims on this forum, one post is not convincing but CEDR and John are certainly welcome as far as I’m concerned.

You never know - we might start recommending the CEDR process.:beer:
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • yvonne_le
    yvonne_le Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    Just an update TUI have rung them today and said it is Flybe's fault as they were contracted fr the flight and told them to ring them which they have Flybe said Air France cancelled that flight and put everybody on the earlier flight and they should contact them. They have air France are claiming not their fault and they should contact Tui. I have told them they booked with TUI and up to them to sort it out with whoever did change the flight :mad:
  • JPears
    edited 8 May 2018 at 5:01PM
    Options
    Who was the original flight actually with? Tui, Flybe or airfrance?

• CEDR
    CEDR Posts: 8 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm right here.
  • Alan_Bowen
    Alan_Bowen Posts: 4,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Air France, of course, have had endless strikes recently and do codeshare with Flybe on that route so although they may have originally been booked on a flight intended to be operated by Air France, the airline may have moved them to the Flybe flight, both have Flybe flight numbers, told TUI but they failed to inform you. If that is the case then it is entirely TUI's fault
  • DUKE
    DUKE Posts: 7,360 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 9 May 2018 at 1:48PM
    Options
    So Rebecca Thomas lied when she said that the compensation was going into my account yesterday.

Had this email from CEDR:
    Please note that the airline has provided evidence regarding the enforcement of the final decision, and added the following comment(s):

"".

CEDR will now review the evidence submitted, and decide whether or not this is sufficient to consider this matter closed.

Plus another email with Payment Info on saying that I'll be paid ASAP. Not soon enough though!

That was at just after 3pm yesterday.

Emailed CEDR, but nothing.

Just checked my Bank account & still nothing.

Just tried to ring HQ again to speak to Rebecca Thomas on 08444530245, in case anyone else wants to try. The woman who answered said she couldn't put me through, I told her that she did yesterday. I waited on the line for 10 minutes whilst listening to that dreadful TUI tune, I only gave up as it was draining my battery. Perhaps I should wait outside the office for her.

Just heard from CEDR Aviation: Dear DUKE,

Thank you for your email.

Apologies Tui has still not made payment.

We will chase this up for you. Tui will post a message to confirm when the payment has been made and advise when you should expect to receive it in your account.

Kind Regards,

CEDR

A 2nd email from CEDR: Dear DUKE,

I have contacted TUI in regards to the outstanding payment. They will provide you with an update within the next few working days.

Kind regards
    CEDR

I think they're either still ignoring everyone, or due to TUI having so many payments to make I'm in a very, very, long queue.
  • JPears
    Options
    Its an example of how they run the business - badly.

• legal_magpie
    legal_magpie Posts: 1,194 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You have won your case and CEDR should be putting pressure on Tui. Of course they won't because they get a large amount of money from the airlines and won't want to risk losing it by upsetting the airlines. So far as I know, this doesn't apply to the case decisions themselves.
  • CEDR
    CEDR Posts: 8 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 9 May 2018 at 9:34PM
    Options
    Actually we chase down every case, every week and don!!!8217;t stop until the compensation is paid.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback