Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Tui/Thomson ONLY

Options

Comments

• legal_magpie
    legal_magpie Posts: 1,194 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    They are notoriously slow at paying out. See earlier posts in this thread. You can (a) complain to CEDR, who sadly have no enforcement powers (b) Complain to the CAA that Thomson (now TUI) have failed to honour the award and (c) send one letter or email (one only) saying that unless they pay up within 7 days, you will sue them.
    I suggest that you do all three, especially to the CAA as there is clear evidence that TUI are systematically in breach of the CEDR rules. Oh yes, and if you still haven't had the money within the 7 days,. issue proceedings on the basis that you never make a threat unless you are prepared to carry it out.
  • cletus1
    cletus1 Posts: 55 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    As the other post says, my flight was not the Manchester one, I'm quite shocked how TUI can mislead the court in the way they have, some would say blatantly lied (not me I would never make such an assertion) as I'm sure they would sue me for doing so ;-)
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    cletus1 wrote: »
    My case has gone to court and they are resisting the claim

they have been limited with the truth in the court paperwork

If you want to share the main defence details being raised by the airline we may be able to offer some advice. On the forum or via a PM.

Good luck
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • redmalc
    redmalc Posts: 1,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Anyone stuck in Cancun at the moment waiting for the flight to Birmingham with Tui.
    Looks like a 30 hour delay and nothing but lies from the local reps
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    redmalc wrote: »
    Anyone stuck in Cancun at the moment waiting for the flight to Birmingham with Tui.
    Looks like a 30 hour delay and nothing but lies from the local reps

Do you have any details that may help others?
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • cheggers67
    Options
    I too have gone through the claims process through resolver and cedr and Thomson were given a 20 day deadline to pay on 30th Jan 2018 and yet as of today no contact from Thomson so I have now issued the claim direct to them on their own claim line in the hope one of their "customer representatives" actually contacts me so I can ask why they are refusing to pay if I get no joy I will write to them telling them I am taking them to court.Does anyone have the correct email address I should send this letter to or should I post it via signed for?
  • cheggers67
    Options
    I too have gone through the claims process through resolver and cedr and Thomson were given a 20 day deadline to pay on 30th Jan 2018 and yet as of today no contact from Thomson so I have now issued the claim direct to them on their own claim line in the hope one of their "customer representatives" actually contacts me so I can ask why they are refusing to pay if I get no joy I will write to them telling them I am taking them to court.Does anyone have the correct email address I should send this letter to or should I post it via signed for?
  • legal_magpie
    legal_magpie Posts: 1,194 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Please see my post (8448 above). By "issuing the claim" you may have confused matters as your claim has already been approved. Don't send Thomson an e-mail. Send a letter ideally by recorded delivery or at least get proof of posting.
  • philng
    philng Posts: 801 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Needing to submit a claim for a 7 hour TUI flight delay on 4th March 2018.

Have claimed 3 times before successfully direct via Thomas Cook when I don't think Resolver was around.

Which is best to claim via Resolver or direct via airline?
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you've claimed successfully before then I wouldn't bother with Resolver. Its just a letter writing exercise.
    Perhaps download Vauban's very useful guide as a refresher?
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport