Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Tui/Thomson ONLY

Options

Comments

• jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If Hi Fly operated the flight then that's who you need to claim from.
  • philng
    philng Posts: 801 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    How long do TUI usually take for initial response to flight delay claim?
    Submitted via TUI website and it said up to 56 days for Flight Delay claims but was wondering what other people's actual experiences are?
  • legal_magpie
    legal_magpie Posts: 1,194 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    They will take as long as you let them. You don't have to go at their speed
  • philng
    philng Posts: 801 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Unsure what you mean? Only submitted claim 12/3 & when submitted it stated up to 56 days. Just wondered what actual experience is.

Unsure how this can be speeded up as it states 56 days?
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    magpie is saying that 56 days is an arbitrary figure given by TUI. It is rarely kept to and unless you continually badger TUI. If you don't they will probably just not respond at all.
    You can dictate your own timetable, within reason. If you are feeling generous let TUI respond within 56 days, if they don't you send your NBA.
    It would not be unreasonable to expect and request TUI to respond within 21 days, then send your NBA if no response.
    Download Vauban's invaluable guide.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • mooretr
    mooretr Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    TUI Made contact today to ask for bank details. They really make me laugh, I put in a claim for £2124, CEDR awarded me £2136 (difference in exchange rates) and TUI have said they want to pay £2100.47. I have asked for TUI for the full amount and within 7 days as they are already overdue, not the 28 days they want to take.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Surely they have to abide by the decision of the CEDR and pay you £2136?
    My thinking is the exchange rate should be that at the time of the delay/cancellation (especially if this is favourable for you ;) )
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • legal_magpie
    legal_magpie Posts: 1,194 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The issue about exchange rates has come up time and time again. In Court proceedings the rate at the time of issue is used when starting the case but when judgement is given the sterling equivalent at the time of judgement is used. So if the claim is for 500 Euros, you convert it to sterling as at the issue date. On judgement, you still get 500 euros but converted as at the date of judgment. This may change after BREXIT
  • DUKE
    DUKE Posts: 7,360 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    TUI asked for my bank details today too!
  • delnkas
    Options
    We were delayed from Manchester to Barbados on 25 Feb. We put in a claim as were over 4 hours delayed. They have replied and rejected the claim as it was due to weather. There were no issues with the weather in Manchester or Barbados. There was a delay a few days earlier apparently in India which seems to have caused 'knock on' effect. TUI had enough time surely to lay on another aircraft. We are going to pursue this. Can anyone shed any light on our chances thanks
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback