Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Tui/Thomson ONLY

Options

Comments

• Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Seems pretty clear cut to me but put your flight details into bottonline and euclaim and see what they say first
  • DUKE
    DUKE Posts: 7,360 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    delnkas wrote: »
    We were delayed from Manchester to Barbados on 25 Feb. We put in a claim as were over 4 hours delayed. They have replied and rejected the claim as it was due to weather. There were no issues with the weather in Manchester or Barbados. There was a delay a few days earlier apparently in India which seems to have caused 'knock on' effect. TUI had enough time surely to lay on another aircraft. We are going to pursue this. Can anyone shed any light on our chances thanks

TUI turned me down twice due to bad weather, which it was, but not from 6.00am-7.30pm which was when we eventually took off. I got in touch with CEDR, filled in a few details, & sent evidence of the tweet that TUI had put on twitter saying that the airport re-opened at 3pm. The Adjudicator voted in my favour & ordered TUI to pay up. TUI agreed to pay within 28 days, I'm just waiting for the cash to go into my account now. I expected a much harder battle, maybe I just got lucky there.
  • jacqhale
    jacqhale Posts: 312 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Pleased to say that we received our money from Thomson Airways last week for our delayed flight Rhodes > Bristol last May. Really happy, I did use Bott & Co in the end as it felt the easier thing to do and our flight being delayed due to crew sickness seemed a bit of a grey area. We were also awarded interest and expenses so have received over £1000 for the 4 of us and it’s all going in the holiday fund :j
  • NoviceAngel
    NoviceAngel Posts: 2,271 Forumite
    Options
    jacqhale wrote: »
    Pleased to say that we received our money from Thomson Airways last week for our delayed flight Rhodes > Bristol last May. Really happy, I did use Bott & Co in the end as it felt the easier thing to do and our flight being delayed due to crew sickness seemed a bit of a grey area. We were also awarded interest and expenses so have received over £1000 for the 4 of us and it’s all going in the holiday fund :j

A very good result, theres no shame in using a good NWNF Solicitors.

Just a shame they didnt pay up at the very beginning.
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Fortyfoot
    Fortyfoot Posts: 1,957 Forumite
    edited 31 March 2018 at 11:09AM
    Options
    philng wrote: »
    How long do TUI usually take for initial response to flight delay claim?
    Submitted via TUI website and it said up to 56 days for Flight Delay claims but was wondering what other people's actual experiences are?

I made a claim via Tui website on the 10th March and was turned down today via email. Standard letter to all claimants I presume as follows
    "however as the cause of the delay was due to external factors over which we have no control we are not required to pay compensation under Regulation EC 261/2004 in these circumstances."

I have a letter from Tui set out below, they told me a pack of lies as usual.

tuiclaim.jpg

Part of my reply to Tui, I thought I would remind them of Martin. I wonder who does Martin fly with now?

mse.jpg

Fortyfoot
  • NoviceAngel
    NoviceAngel Posts: 2,271 Forumite
    Options
    Then issue an NBA, and follow Vaubans guide. You might have to issue court proceedings to get your compensation, but don’t let that put you off.

Interestingly how did you manage to attach the image to your post ? I’d love to be able to do that !
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    Options
    Good luck to Thomson if they rely on that defence.
  • Fortyfoot
    Fortyfoot Posts: 1,957 Forumite
    Options
    Interestingly how did you manage to attach the image to your post ? I’d love to be able to do that !
    mse1.jpg

mse2.jpg

mse3.jpg

Then paste into the top one.

Fortyfoot
  • redmalc
    redmalc Posts: 1,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Anyone else on the delayed Tom 459 from Cancun scheduled for the 8/03/2018 which was delayed for 28 plus hours had a response from Tui yet or even an acknowledgement ?
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thomson top of the none/delayed payers list.

https://www.bottonline.co.uk/blog/airlines-fail-to-make-payments-ordered-by-the-court

I think this Thomson thread reflects the facts quite accurately.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback