Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Tui/Thomson ONLY

Options

Comments

• jacqhale
    jacqhale Posts: 312 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    We had some good news this morning! Letter from the court saying as Thomson did not reply to the claim form they are being ordered to pay us our compensation, interest and expenses. Comes to about £1900 for the 4 of us, it was a Rhodes > Bristol flight back in May 2017. I have no idea how long it will take them to pay but it's a step in the right direction at least.
  • legal_magpie
    legal_magpie Posts: 1,194 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It’s very unusual for Thomson to miss a court deadline. You can enforce the judgment whenever you like. You don’t have to wait for them to pay. Get the sheriff to levy on an aircraft!
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Did you apply for judgement by default?
    Remember Thomson could still apply for set aside, but they would have to provide the judge with good reasons.
    Time takne to get money?
    As long as you let them.
    You may need baliff/sheriff to get payment. Lets hope not.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • pfogg
    Options
    Did anyone travel on the Thomson flight from Montego Bay to Manchester on 21st June 2012? If you did, have you got the flight number, and have you made a claim for the delay? Thanks
  • davestones
    Options
    I have won a case against TUI on CEDR on 25 Jan and TUI uploaded a letter confirming this and asking for bank details. I sent these and it marked the case settled however they are yet to pay, I have also sent them a chaser email to their flight delay claims email addresss with no response.

What is the next step in getting them to pay? Do I have to start a court action or is there any other mechanism I can twist their arm with? Social media seems useless as they have just referred me to their email address in the past!
  • smartly
    smartly Posts: 98 Forumite
    Options
    Email their legal department, it has been posted before if you search.
  • JPears
    Options
    Let CEDR know that they have not paid. They can't/won'tdo anything much. And then progress your complaint to the CAA.

• mooretr
    mooretr Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    Re Flight 616 BHX - LRM
    CEDR found in my favour this morning. CEDR process has been quite painless. Now to get them to pay up the compensation!
  • JPears
    Options
    Good luck - see posts above!

• wilding45
    wilding45 Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 14 February 2018 at 9:28PM
    Options
    CEDR has found in my favour and have notified me that they are in meetings with TUI about why they have not paid agreed amounts .

In my case CEDR did not have to make a ruling as the airline offered to pay a fixed sum - which is overdue. I may therefore have to go to court anyway - so the best solution is probably to send letter before actoion stating that you would like to mediate but have heard that offers are made and not honoured so you will be going to court unless the money appears. You should not be looked down on by the court as the other side do not deserve the benefit of the doubt.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback