Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Tui/Thomson ONLY

Options

Comments

• Voyager2002
    Voyager2002 Posts: 15,290 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    JPears wrote: »
    As an aside, I can never understand why people do a £200 taxi ride to an airport, why not just drive and park? Unless you don't drive of course :)

Perhaps public transport is available when their flights are scheduled to depart and to arrive, but not when their delayed flight home finally lands.
  • atlantic04
    Options
    Just had an email from Thomsons saying a refund of £1033.00 for a flight delay on the 17 Jan 6 hour delay tom56 from Gatwick to montego bay and its only been 28 days.
  • rkr71
    rkr71 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    I've been trying to claim compensation for fight delay and refused boarding since aug 2016 but Thomson are being very difficult and that is being polite I've received 1 email from them saying our 1st flight was delayed by 1hr 32 mins I get that but we were took off that flight and had to wait 7hrs for another flight to a different airport
  • Justice13075
    Options
    Layout all your flight details and we will take a look.
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    rkr71 wrote: »
    I've been trying to claim compensation for fight delay and refused boarding since aug 2016 but Thomson are being very difficult and that is being polite I've received 1 email from them saying our 1st flight was delayed by 1hr 32 mins I get that but we were took off that flight and had to wait 7hrs for another flight to a different airport

Why were you refused boarding?
  • rkr71
    Options
    we were taken off the flight due to staff being ill and had to reduce passenger numbers flight numbers for both flights are tom7466 Birmingham12.00 and tom3433 Leeds Bradford 18.40
  • rkr71
    Options
    25/8/16 flight from ibiza 12.00 to Birminghamtom7466 taken off aircraft then fight to Leeds Bradford 18.40 tom3433
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    rkr71 wrote: »
    we were taken off the flight due to staff being ill and had to reduce passenger numbers flight numbers for both flights are tom7466 Birmingham12.00 and tom3433 Leeds Bradford 18.40

Okay - so there is no legal defence open to the airline in these circumstances ("extraordinary circumstances" don't apply to denied boarding) so write a Letter Before Action and start court proceedings or take the claim to the CEDR (details on this thread).
  • fazer169
    fazer169 Posts: 11 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi we were on the same flight and claimed direct using a template from another website. Received a rejection letter claiming exceptional circumstances. I think that we can take it further as the weather problem affected the flight in not our flight. In any event, I am sure that flights were leaving our airport later that morning within the 3 hour time frame that they are allowed. Thomson should have allowed sufficient turn around time to avoid delays caused by the fog. I saw on letter at the hotel which cited that they were unable to get fuel as well as the crew exceeding hours. These are things that they should plan ahead for. I don't think that fog in Dubai is unusual.
  • fazer169
    fazer169 Posts: 11 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I was replying to the post regarding TOM773 on 28 December 2016.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback