🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Thomas Cook ONLY

Options

Comments

• Saversall
    Options
    Hi, thanks for starting this thread. I'm new to this so please bear with me. Has anyone had any success with TC for the delay on the above mentioned flight. The delay from Manchester was over 5hrs but TC say that the pilot made up time and the arrival delay was only 3hrs 52mins. Is it possible to verify this? The CAA can't help, is there anywhere else to check? TC have offered me £500 in compensation. I just want to make this last check before I accept.

I am starting this thread for those claiming flight delay or cancellation compensation from Thomas Cook.

Any posts regarding any other airline in this thread will be ignored (at least by me).
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Saversall wrote: »
    Hi, thanks for starting this thread. I'm new to this so please bear with me. Has anyone had any success with TC for the delay on the above mentioned flight. The delay from Manchester was over 5hrs but TC say that the pilot made up time and the arrival delay was only 3hrs 52mins. Is it possible to verify this? The CAA can't help, is there anywhere else to check? TC have offered me £500 in compensation. I just want to make this last check before I accept.

You might PM Cobybenson, who has access to a decent flight database. It's asking a lot to make up an hour - especially against the prevailing westerly winds ...

If the flight was delayed between three and four hours, you would be entitled to 300 Euros per paying passenger; for a delay of four hours of more, this would double to 600 Euros.

Interesting that TC is paying out in advance of Dawson. They clearly don't fancy Thomson's chances!
  • bin_wagon
    Options
    Had a delayed flight last July for 10hours the reason for this they are saying was the right hand MLG fitting had a 5/8 inch fastener had sheared off which they are claiming to be u/circumstance's just would like to know if we have a case for they are saying no and have told us to take it further. Thank you
  • David_e
    David_e Posts: 1,498 Forumite
    Options
    bin_wagon wrote: »
    just would like to know if we have a case for they are saying no and have told us to take it further.

Read the FAQs. Everything you need to know about this is on there.

If you don't want to do that, speak to a no win no fee firm.
  • Goodnight
    Options
    After a P & O cruise we were due to depart Barbados on a Thomas Cook flight TCX373 to Manchester departing at 1700 hours on Saturday 17 December 2011. Our flight was delayed until Monday 19 December finally departing at 2050hours arriving in Manchester at 8.30am on Tuesday 20 December.

We have had extensive correspondence with Thomas Cook who say it was 'exceptional circumstances' and the CAA have informed us that TC should pay us compensation which TC deny.

Has anyone else on this flight had communication with TC regarding this delay.

I would add that we are in the process of taking it to the County Court.
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,563 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    this should be on the Thomas Cook thread

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4896699
  • Goodnight
    Options
    Flight to return from Cruise on 17/12/2011
    cancellation 1 - waited on runway for 5 hours issue with plane, told issue fixed then told issue with staff flying times have lapsed so sent off plane back into a holding area with no toilets or seating, no air on for 3 hours.
    cancellation 2 brought to airport for full day checked in flight times delayed all day and moved from one time to another waited all evening, no TC rep, was told the previous day issue fixed however not the case to be told later being cancelled, sent away again to sub standard hotel had to purchase own hotel and food, came a 3rd day, delayed all day again, I had to call British Embassy after 14 hours in airport flew 9pm ish that evening

We were on the same cruise and flight home as you. We have had extensive correspondence with TC who are still saying it is 'exception al circumstances' even though the CAA have informed TC they should settle our claim, and CAA have now advised us to take the case to County Court. Have you successfully claimed from TC.
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    Options
    Goodnight wrote: »
    We were on the same cruise and flight home as you. We have had extensive correspondence with TC who are still saying it is 'exception al circumstances' even though the CAA have informed TC they should settle our claim, and CAA have now advised us to take the case to County Court. Have you successfully claimed from TC.

As Jason123456 doesn't seem to have been back on this sight since he last posted in April 2013, he's unlikely to pick up your message.

But if you have a letter from the CAA, you might as well start court proceedings. What are you waiting for?
  • connersz
    connersz Posts: 27 Forumite
    Options
    What percentage of people do you think actually proceed with court action after the initial EC mails from the airlines?

I know that when everyone left our flight they each had a letter in their hand explaining they are entitled to compensation but I expect that most get the responses from the airlines and don't bother to follow it up with what inevitably will need to be court action.

To be honest for the sake of €250 it is probably considered a lot of messing around for some people and if it wasn't out of principal then I probably wouldn't bother myself.
  • carchibald
    Options
    Hi all,

I've got an on going claim with Thomas Cook regarding a delay to Cuba. They admitted I had a claim in their first response, but offered me a voucher for €400 per passenger. I have refused the voucher and asked for cash as entitled too. I have been claiming €600 per passenger, but they advise the distance is 7113km and article 7 paragraph 1b applies.

What I fail to see is, why is it only €400 and not €600 I am entitled to as the flight is easily over 3500km as referred to in paragraph 1b. Does my flight come under an "intra-Community flight"?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport