Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Thomas Cook ONLY

Options

Comments

• Mark2spark
    Mark2spark Posts: 2,306 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    "Guess it all depends on the judge on the day"

The trueist statement to appear on this forum so far ;)
  • Lornieloo
    Options
    My claim has just been rejected by Thomas cook. We were delayed nearly 9 hours coming home from cancun to Manchester in 2012. I will not give up.
  • David_e
    David_e Posts: 1,498 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    grazzzz wrote: »
    Guess it depends on the judge on the day

It shouldn't but glad you got a good one who doesn't take any nonsense. Well done!
  • troonmaroon
    Options
    Well, we're back! In the end we were just over 4 hours late outbound. So, time to claim... BUT I'm not sure I've the energy to drive it through myself. However, we've got legal cover in our home insurance so I might explore that option. Otherwise I'd maybe go with bott and co. But what are the chances that my home insurance legal folk would win the case over and above the bott and co experts...?! Is it worth the 27% fee?

Thoughts welcome.

Cheers
  • Suz1982
    Options
    batman44 wrote: »
    You don't need the Huzar case, Wallentin case was caused by a issue with the engine, this has already been through all the process's.

Thomas Crook submitted a lengthy defence prior to the court hearing stating that they had fulfilled all their obligations by putting us up in a hotel (no mention of the fact that it was sheer chaos at the hotel) and submitted engineers reports basically stating that the fault was a "novel phenomenon" and "could not have been forseen or prevented" therefore the fault DID constutute extraordinary circumstances and no compensation was payable.

We of course used Wallentin in our response to that, but we have let it be adjourned until after the outcome of the Huzar appeal. They are hedging all their bets on that. Yes, it is another delaying tactic, but then even if we would have won our case last week, I have no doubt they would have appealed the decision, and we would have had to wait until the Huzar outcome anyway.
  • nush1959
    Options
    We were due to fly back from Larnaca Airport to Birmingham in August 2009. Our flight was cancelled as there was a problem with one of the doors on the aircraft. We were eventually put up in a hotel - we flew back the next day. I have tried to claim compensation with Thomas Cook and wondered if anybody else has been successful as my claim has been rejected.
  • steve1500
    steve1500 Posts: 1,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Try tc thread
    Private Parking Tickets - Make sure you put your Subject Access Request in after 25th May 2018 - It's free & ask for everything, don't forget the DVLA :D
  • barryb123
    Options
    I won my case 3 weeks ago, TC signed to say they'd pay in 3 weeks and I got a court order to confirm this. Guess what they've not paid up. Rang them yesterday and was promised it would be here today as it was posted yesterday. At least they've admitted they've ignored a court order. In reality they've probably not sent it. Looks like a trip down to the County Court again Monday to get a third party debt order. More money upfront which TC will have to repay. Why they do this I don't know but can't make good reading for shareholders.
  • barryb123
    Options
    barryb123 wrote: »
    I won my case 3 weeks ago, TC signed to say they'd pay in 3 weeks and I got a court order to confirm this. Guess what they've not paid up. Rang them yesterday and was promised it would be here today as it was posted yesterday. At least they've admitted they've ignored a court order. In reality they've probably not sent it. Looks like a trip down to the County Court again Monday to get a third party debt order. More money upfront which TC will have to repay. Why they do this I don't know but can't make good reading for shareholders.

Seeing that my postman definatley doesn't do 2 deliveries on a Saturday, or any other day for that matter, I find it strange my cheques just been posted.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure