Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Thomas Cook ONLY

Options

Comments

• Bafkagin
    Options
    Hi

I'm wondering if anyone can help.

We were delayed on on Thomas cook package holiday to Dominican Republic on 28th may 2007. The flight was supposed to leave gatwick at 13.30 to puerto plata. The boards all showed delayed and after hours of waiting and using the airport vouchers given to us it eventually announced the flight would leave the following day and they put us up at the Hilton at gatwick. The flight eventually left 23 hours after it was scheduled to on 29th may arriving early evening at our resort.

My problem is I can find no trace of our flight using flightstats. There is no record of any flights leaving gatwick flying to the Dominican with any airline on 28th or 29th may and no record of any flights arriving in puerto plata on 29th so can't confirm the flight number. I can't find any correspondence for the holiday. I have found our return flight.

Any other way to try and find the flight we were on???

Thanks.
  • maghater
    maghater Posts: 349 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    TC will have a database with past clients etc.,If you booked it at a travel agent they will still have records. |you are getting close to the six year cut off point,so I would contact Thomas Cook giving them as much detail as possible, names addresses, dates, name of resort, hotel etc.,and say you wish to claim flight compensation under eu 261.Doubtless they will deny it, and claim the records don't exist, but the bottom line is they have to prove you were not on that flight, not vice versa.
  • maghater
    Options
    toria14485 wrote: »
    I have just submitted a complaint via the TC website regarding the flight above which was delayed for 7 hours, we were in the airport for 10 hours from 6pm to 4am the next morning, awful! I imagine they will come back and ask me to put it into writing?

I've used the draft letter on the form so covered everything required. Flight delay was a technical issue with plane coming out so they had to await another flight coming in and then pick up a different crew in Manchester I believe. Anyone had any success on either the outbound or inbound flight?
    They will probably leave it a month, and then claim extraordinary circumstances, because that is just the kind of nice people they are. if the inbound flight was delayed coming from the UK, and you have the flight no., you could write to the CAA implying that you were delayed as a result of this flight (don't mention to them that you were delayed in Spain or they will tell you to contact the AESA in Spain), they will investigate the cause for you. Then you might be lucky and they could settle straight away. Best of luck
  • sue1976
    sue1976 Posts: 566 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi everybody new to this dont even know where to start we got delayed in 2010 from menorca 3 of us by 6hrs 35 mins they had to fly parts from manchester and pick an engineer up from leeds then he had to fix the parts to said plane got all the details flight number TCX647L from mahon on 10/09/10 they gave us bottle of water and a chicken leg and chips i missed my mates wedding because of this have i got a claim cant seem to see anyone else who was on this flight if i have got a claim where do i begin thanks in advance

This is the same flight that I am just about to send off a letter about. It will be interesting to see the replies that we get.
  • maghater
    Options
    Delayed 8 hours coming back from Spain, TC claim ec as flight out was delayed due to |"actions of a third party" Submitted my using mcol mid January, TC filed defence as above. I requested more information such as time, place, and extent of damage. Now received an email stating the incident occurred at 7.50 AM, problem being that is nearly 2 hours after the plane should have taken off. There must therefore have been other factors in the delay, what are my options please?
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    maghater wrote: »
    Delayed 8 hours coming back from Spain, TC claim ec as flight out was delayed due to |"actions of a third party" Submitted my using mcol mid January, TC filed defence as above. I requested more information such as time, place, and extent of damage. Now received an email stating the incident occurred at 7.50 AM, problem being that is nearly 2 hours after the plane should have taken off. There must therefore have been other factors in the delay, what are my options please?

I think you have them banger to rights, Maghater. Let is proceed to court. You'll need to put in your own submission in due course - make sure you point this out. Such clowns ...
  • roofking
    Options
    hi,i new to forum,can anyone give me advice.in jan 2011 me my wife and three kids went to eygpt but was delayed for 3 days on return journey due to mechanical problems with plane.on our return i sent letter of complaint to thomas cook and had quite a debate.but in the end the best i could get was £420 for all of us.what i would like to know is becouse of these new eu rules that seem a lot more genourous am i still able to claim as it is well under the 6 year rule or will they say its already settled so i am not eligable,please help cheers.
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    roofking wrote: »
    hi,i new to forum,can anyone give me advice.in jan 2011 me my wife and three kids went to eygpt but was delayed for 3 days on return journey due to mechanical problems with plane.on our return i sent letter of complaint to thomas cook and had quite a debate.but in the end the best i could get was £420 for all of us.what i would like to know is becouse of these new eu rules that seem a lot more genourous am i still able to claim as it is well under the 6 year rule or will they say its already settled so i am not eligable,please help cheers.

It depends on what basis they send, and you accepted, the £420. Did they offer it as a goodwill gesture, or in full and final settlement. The wording of their letter will be important. But you ought to be able to make a case for the full compensation (presumably €3000).
  • mrscannon
    mrscannon Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    Hi I have just sent a request for compensation (using which template) for our flight MON3726 from manchester to Sharm El Sheihk on 10/06/2012. When we arrived at the Airport we were told that our plane was going to be delayed and they had changed the check in desk. Then when we arrived at the check in desk we were told that they had overbooked the flight and that we would not be able to fly. We were put on another flight that left late afternoon but cannot find any details of the flight we were put on on the flight stats site. How do I find the details or will they reply and tell me this?

thanks for any help.
  • alberto2012
    Options
    Hi all,

I am sure its been posted before somewher on this thread but cant find it.
    Is there an email address for complaints to t.cook (that anyone has had any decent / successful replies from) ?

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport