Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Thomas Cook ONLY

Options

Comments

• Mark2spark
    Mark2spark Posts: 2,306 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    bazaar wrote: »
    ...then they state judgement from Nelson v Lufthansa and C629/10 TUI, British Airways, Easyjet and IATA v UK CAA. to justify EC.

Nelson judgement here

The reason for quoting this is baffling. They've already lost that case.

I say, once again, to all potential claimants.

DON'T PLAY THEIR GAMES.

Follow the instructions in the sticky.
    Write once and commence the claim.
    Write again with NBA.
    Then commence court action.
  • gabbyanny
    Options
    Good morning, I have got 2 complaints for flight delays one in 2010 and the other in 2012 both with Thomas Cook, should I make separate complaints?
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    gabbyanny wrote: »
    Good morning, I have got 2 complaints for flight delays one in 2010 and the other in 2012 both with Thomas Cook, should I make separate complaints?

Yes you should :)
  • 8904jo
    8904jo Posts: 20 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi All - See my post of 21st March. TC asked for confirmation invoice which I sent off this week. (this was in response to written communication I had with them). I must also have emailed them at some stage and today received letter by email spouting the usual rubbish about extraordinary circumstances - car maintenance etc and no comp. due!! However I have noticed that their email and their letter have different case references. Should I ignore the email and hope that I receive a different written response - has this happened to anyone else?? Why would they ask for confirmation invoice if no comp. was due? Advice please!!!
  • bazaar_2
    bazaar_2 Posts: 147 Forumite
    Options
    Mark2spark wrote: »
    Nelson judgement here

The reason for quoting this is baffling. They've already lost that case.

I say, once again, to all potential claimants.

DON'T PLAY THEIR GAMES.

Follow the instructions in the sticky.
    Write once and commence the claim.
    Write again with NBA.
    Then commence court action.

Thanks Mark, yes i know its a BS letter, but it is full of grammar mistakes so i think it was a reaction to my phone call, Just got to amend the POC now to include this last bit, Theyve even typed over the 'without prejudice bit' so thats illegible and certainly will be produced should the court require it.
  • Lillypad1_2
    Options
    Hi, we booked a one week package holiday with Thomson. Our out bound flight from Dublin to Gran Canaria was on 29th December 2012 - no issues. However there was an issue with our flight home. Firstly when we borded the coach for the airport - we were told there was a 4.5 hour delay on our flight from Gran Canaria to Dublin because our aircraft was delayed in Austria due to weather conditions. After waiting in the airport for 4 hours, we were then told that our flight was cancelled until the following day. The total delay would be 19.5 hours. They put us up in a horrible, dirty hotel over night. It was an awful experience & instead of me having a free day before going back to work, i only had a few hours. I contacted our travel agent who wrote a complaint on our behalf. A customer service rep from Thomson telephoned me & told me she was sorry but that we had gotten everything we were entitled to (voucher in airport for £7.50 each & B&B in the horrible hotel). It was such a bad experience that I just dropped it. When I think back to the holiday - the delay is all I can think of. We were told at the time that the delay was because
    - our aircraft went to Austria first & was delayed approx 5 hours leaving due to bad weather there & then
    - the cabin crew were "out of hours" & under the EU working time legislation they could not do another flight & there were no other/stand by cabin crew available.
    Would we be entitled to claim for this delay/cancellation??? Many thanks.
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Have a good read of the FAQs thread.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • maghater
    maghater Posts: 349 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Lillypad1 wrote: »
    Hi, we booked a one week package holiday with Thomson. Our out bound flight from Dublin to Gran Canaria was on 29th December 2012 - no issues. However there was an issue with our flight home. Firstly when we borded the coach for the airport - we were told there was a 4.5 hour delay on our flight from Gran Canaria to Dublin because our aircraft was delayed in Austria due to weather conditions. After waiting in the airport for 4 hours, we were then told that our flight was cancelled until the following day. The total delay would be 19.5 hours. They put us up in a horrible, dirty hotel over night. It was an awful experience & instead of me having a free day before going back to work, i only had a few hours. I contacted our travel agent who wrote a complaint on our behalf. A customer service rep from Thomson telephoned me & told me she was sorry but that we had gotten everything we were entitled to (voucher in airport for £7.50 each & B&B in the horrible hotel). It was such a bad experience that I just dropped it. When I think back to the holiday - the delay is all I can think of. We were told at the time that the delay was because
    - our aircraft went to Austria first & was delayed approx 5 hours leaving due to bad weather there & then
    - the cabin crew were "out of hours" & under the EU working time legislation they could not do another flight & there were no other/stand by cabin crew available.
    Would we be entitled to claim for this delay/cancellation??? Many thanks.
    simple answer is yes. Look on links in Centipede 100s post on first page. Look at the BA forum (essential reading), and then look under knock on effects
  • pinklady13
    Options
    Hi Folks,

I sent my letter via the template and have received a reply that states:
    " Having carried out a full investigation the specific circumstances surrounding the delay to your own flight were of a technical nature, which were extraordinary due to vor system defect, despite Thomas Cook taking all reasonable precautions necessary to prevent the situation"

Now I've read the sticky and it says technical faults are not extraordinary - but is this specific fault something that would render it extraordinary?

If they are BSing me - What's my next step - prepare court documents?
  • toria14485
    Options
    I have just submitted a complaint via the TC website regarding the flight above which was delayed for 7 hours, we were in the airport for 10 hours from 6pm to 4am the next morning, awful! I imagine they will come back and ask me to put it into writing?

I've used the draft letter on the form so covered everything required. Flight delay was a technical issue with plane coming out so they had to await another flight coming in and then pick up a different crew in Manchester I believe. Anyone had any success on either the outbound or inbound flight?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure