Ja-NEW-ary 2013 - Take your lunch to work thread

Options

Comments

• kittiej
    kittiej Posts: 2,564 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hey Shortie,

I know many people want to lose weight straight after Chrimble but I would say get all of those delicious treats out of the way first - no use them going to waste especially if there's anything with yummy chocolate on :D

Really well done on taking your lunch and tea for the train :T are you leaving the yule log at work for tomorrow? Less to remember ;)
    Karma - the consequences of ones acts."It's OK to falter otherwise how will you know what success feels like?"1 debt v 100 days £2000
  • Betty_Crumble
    Options
    Hello, i took a tin of toms, some bread, a youghurt, a banana and a mince pie. I also take coffee in an insulated mug from my coffee machine each morning as i would have a serious costa problem otherwise, i have to walk past it but having a coffee in my hand works really well. Going to make sarnies for tomorrow.
    Littlewoods £10 Very BNPL £234.42
    My total debt is [STRIKE]£7242.32[/STRIKE]£244.42
    Extra payment a week: This week: £
    Total to date: £1279.29 not incl this week
    #33 NOvember challenge
  • kittiej
    edited 2 January 2013 at 7:55PM
    Options
    Excellent Betty, keep up the good work everyone and you will soon reap the benefits of that little extra effort :T

I'm going to make my sandwiches in the morning as I've got a bit more time whilst the boys are off school and I can have breakfast in the house instead of work so mini-shredded wheat here I come :)

Well done guys, we can do it!

PS forgot to say I'm having cheese and pickle in my 'make-away' tomorrow - yippee!
    Karma - the consequences of ones acts."It's OK to falter otherwise how will you know what success feels like?"1 debt v 100 days £2000
  • Shortie
    Shortie Posts: 2,224 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    kittiej wrote: »
    Hey Shortie,

I know many people want to lose weight straight after Chrimble but I would say get all of those delicious treats out of the way first - no use them going to waste especially if there's anything with yummy chocolate on :D

Really well done on taking your lunch and tea for the train :T are you leaving the yule log at work for tomorrow? Less to remember ;)

yes, I think I'll get the chocolate mountain out of the way first and then look at taking healthier snacks... Yep I left the yule log in a tin box (to stop the mice getting to it) in my drawer at work. The biccies are in my bag for an emergency tomorrow

I'm hoping there will be left over pasta bake tonight for lunch tomorrow. We always cook too much for that very reason, though if we are left with a dinners worth we tend to keep it for dinner the next day rather than break it up for lunches...

(Sorry if there are typos, I'm typing on my tiddly phone screen on the train going home!)
    April 2021 Grocery Challenge 34.29 / 250
  • Shortie
    Options
    Cheese and pickle is an epic option for a sarnie - mmmmm
  • kittiej
    edited 2 January 2013 at 8:20PM
    Options
    (to stop the mice getting to it)
    Shortie please tell me you are joking right? :eek: the pasta bake would be good though.
  • Shortie
    Options
    kittiej wrote: »
    Shortie please tell me you are joking right? :eek: the past bake would be good though.

Unfortunately not... in the city it's rife in offices and a couole of us have had stuff nibbled so we all keep stuff in tuppawear boxes or tins now
  • kittiej
    Options
    OMG that is terrible, eww I would be sanitising everything, everyday, eww the very thought of it!

You need an office cat to catch the mice :D
  • Shortie
    Options
    Lol - that's a plan - that'd be one fat pud though with all the food people leave on their desks (not manky-style, but packets of biscuits) - but then that's why we get the mice...

On a plus note, feeling inspired by this thread (as talking about lunches helps me to organise myself :D) I've made some granola to go with the natural yoghurt I bought in Mr T's yesterday. It was just a decent sprinkling of Value porridge oats with sultanas, chopped hazelnuts, pumpkin seeds and dried black currants (all from the store cupboard) mixed with watered down honey. Then popped in the turned down oven after the pasta bake had finished

So tomorrow's plan is granola and natural yoghurt for breakfast, leftover pasta bake for lunch and the mini yule log for an afternoon treat :cool:

Thank you sooo much for starting this challenge KittieJ, this is exactly what I needed to get me motivated to take my lunches every day - talking about it is inspiring me to get up and get it sorted :D. If I can crack this month I recon I'll have got myself into a proper routine, and when I've been in a routine with lunches before I do so well with saving money AND losing weight :j:dance:
  • Betty_Crumble
    Options
    prepare for the excitement that is a ham and cheese salad sandwich, mince pie, youghurt and cheese and onion crisps languishing in a lunch bag in my fridge. I know, I know too much right? lol

I have put wraps on the shopping list as i have a random sfc fillet in the freezer and itll make 2 wraps, yum could eat that now actually.
    Littlewoods £10 Very BNPL £234.42
    My total debt is [STRIKE]£7242.32[/STRIKE]£244.42
    Extra payment a week: This week: £
    Total to date: £1279.29 not incl this week
    #33 NOvember challenge
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts