edited 16 January 2013 at 9:46AM in Debt-free Wannabe Challenges
536 replies 67.5K views

Replies

• ShortieShortie Forumite
    2.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Candlewick wrote: »
    I start the week off well but by Wednesday / Thursday I go off the rails and end up buying lunch which is anything from £3 - £5 per day and I begrudge paying it.

Part of my problem is boredom.
    <snip
    >so consequently end up not bothering and then going to buy a sandwich (the ones that I am bored of lol!) and could have made myself!!

Oh this is sooo me - but, if I'm bored and end up buying in what I would have bought for lunch... I wouldn't have wanted it if I'd brought it in with me (if that makes any sense?) It's the same thought behind how a cheese sandwich tastes so much nicer when someone else has made it, lol!
    April 2021 Grocery Challenge 34.29 / 250
  • ShortieShortie Forumite
    2.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    quintwins wrote: »
    Not very healthy but tesco value frozen sausage rolls are seriously yummy
    OOohhh you've reminded me we have a pack of these in the freezer - guess what I'm having for lunch next week...??? I'm sure the boys will help me out as after school snacks to but I'll pot mysefl up maybe 3 lunches. I'm dribbling already :D
    April 2021 Grocery Challenge 34.29 / 250
  • Morning all,

Woke up early this morning and made my lunch and breakfast and packed my coffee.

I've eaten my breakfast already and started on my first coffee of the day. By my reckoning I've already saved £3 and it's not even 8.30am! By lunchtime I will be a whole £9.20 better off :)

Have a good day all.
  • kittiejkittiej Forumite
    2.6K Posts
    Gooood morning ev1 :j

Well done Florida, you should be really proud of yourself :T

Shortie welcome :hello: I just normally have stuffing in between buttered bread but I was thinking about sticking some sliced tomato in there. Cheese sounds OK especially if the stuffing is sage and onion = cheese and onion?

Candlewick, thanks for imparting your frozen pasta experience to us this is what we need sometimes - real life experiences and tips.

WelshWoofer please stay away from that Subway even if it's for this reason http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdFotvdZfYc it's a danger :rotfl:

Welcome to you Skippycat as well :wave: I will certainly put you on the list.

Finally post up your lunchtime successes even some pics would be great as well - say cheese :D

I'm day off today so I will prepare my tomorrows b/fast and lunch tonight ifswim.

Good work everyone!
    Sealed pot challenge member number 18 :)
    Karma - the consequences of ones acts.
    "It's OK to falter otherwise how will you know what success feels like?"
    1 debt v 100 days £2000
  • loobylou2loobylou2 Forumite
    816 Posts
    Right I've done my sums and reckon I'm working 15 days this month where I'd be buying lunch at work 15 x5 = 75 so could you put me down for saving 75 this month please Kittiej.
    loobylou2.Proud to be dealing with my debts and aiming to sort out the mess in 2013!!!!:eek:
  • kobrakaikobrakai Forumite
    138 Posts
    I'd like to join please! Was doing really well for about a month and a half last year, but then fell off the wagon completely. I think I spend about £5 a day on lunch (always the same wrap from Mr T's, which in all honesty, I could probably make myself!), so I'll be aiming to save that per day.
    £2 Savers Club 2014 #38 | 20p Savers Club 2014 #37 | 50p Savers Club 2014 #29
    £365 in 365 days #89 £9/£365 | DFBX2014 challenge #023 £70/£6500
    Weekly Saving Challenge 2014 #30 £6/£1378
    Save 12k in 2014 #159 £80.62/£2000
    2.6K Posts
    Welcome kobrakai :j

Would you like me to add you to the amount of savings list in the first post? If so you will need to give me a total figure for the month (I don't know how many days you will work in Jan lol)

So what is the filling in the wrap you buy?

Has anyone got any nice fillings for wraps as well whilst we're on the subject?

Have a lovely day :)
    1 debt v 100 days £2000
  • kobrakaikobrakai Forumite
    138 Posts
    kittiej wrote: »
    Welcome kobrakai :j

Would you like me to add you to the amount of savings list in the first post? If so you will need to give me a total figure for the month (I don't know how many days you will work in Jan lol)

So what is the filling in the wrap you buy?

Has anyone got any nice fillings for wraps as well whilst we're on the subject?

Have a lovely day :)

Ooh yes please, I'll work 18 days in January (am off now until Tuesday) So that'll be £90 if I've got my sums right!

The wrap I normally get is a chicken and chorizo one with cheese. It's very nice.
    £2 Savers Club 2014 #38 | 20p Savers Club 2014 #37 | 50p Savers Club 2014 #29
    £365 in 365 days #89 £9/£365 | DFBX2014 challenge #023 £70/£6500
    Weekly Saving Challenge 2014 #30 £6/£1378
    Save 12k in 2014 #159 £80.62/£2000
    2.6K Posts
    It's very nice.

But I'm sure the £90 will be even nicer kobra ;), I will put you on the list, good luck.
    1 debt v 100 days £2000
  • The wrap sounds delicious!

Well, it's 12.09 and I've just had my sandwich - needless to say it was a bit boring but the £9.20 I would have spent is safely in my bank account - go me!

I'm going to distract myself with my Kindle for the rest of the lunch hour. I should walk to the shops or something but I'm completely taken in by this book.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides