Wow Going4 you are doing really well!!
    Crazy clothes challenge 140/180 :)
  • Jonesy88
    Jonesy88 Posts: 959 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Dropping by with a £12 spend for a n3xt top - new total £103/£120
    :rudolf: DF by Xmas 2018: #83 £8,250/£15,000 55% :rudolf:
    SPC 7: #135 :staradmin | MFW 9.72% | Groceries: £6.49/£80 | Exercise 0/20 | NSDs 0/15
  • fedupandskint
    fedupandskint Posts: 10,358 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    A 5th No Spend month on clothes in a row.

£0 spend May/June/July/August/Sept

Really pleased and I might just try for another one in October to see if I can make it 6 in a row.

Total spend 2013 = £101.98/200
    final unsecured debt to repay currently £8333
    Proud to be Dealing With my Debt
    DFW Nerd 1154 Long Haul 155
  • fedupandskint
    fedupandskint Posts: 10,358 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Spoke too soon!

Went to the post office and called in at the Charity Shop only to discover a practically brand new coat with no faults for £12 - A Windsmoor size 10 in navy and black hounds tooth pattern shorter style coat with big buttons. Just the thing I had been looking for and was hanging on until later when the winter sales start with a budget of around £20.

So a few months early then and an even better price. I bought it using money from my birthday budget savings so no need to deduct it from my total above
    final unsecured debt to repay currently £8333
    Proud to be Dealing With my Debt
    DFW Nerd 1154 Long Haul 155
  • trishx
    trishx Posts: 90 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Couple of spends in August which I didn't declare.

I got a pair of work trousers and a horrific size 18 gold sequinned blouse from the charity shop = £3. I need to shorten the trousers and refashion the blouse but erm, I've not done either yet.

I had a no spend September* (despite my best efforts in trying on every pair of boots in Jones the Bootmaker... stupid stumpy legs)

Year to date total = £304.75 / £500

*I feel like I'm fibbing slightly as I actually succumbed to yet another Mulberry handbag (preloved of course) but my auntie gave £300 earlier in the year and I wanted to buy 'something' with it rather than just fritter it away on normal expenditure - so a handbag it was :) I don't reckon it counts as it was a gift, I was really going out of my way to spend the money and other than a washing machine or something mega boring there isn't much else I could have spent it on.
  • FlacosFloozie
    Options
    With the bad weather I've ordered a running jacket for a whopping £42.99 bringing my new total to £237.97/250 need to be good for the rest of the year :D.
    MFW 2024 £0/7500 Mortgage £129,500 Jan 22 Final payment June 38 Now £99,801.75 FP May 36 Emergency Fund £17,500 100% Added to ISA 24 £0 Save 12k in 24 #31 £0/20,000 Debt Free 31.07.14
  • Silver_Lining_3
    Options
    Just found this challenge, and feels like in the nick of time! I've just started using a spending app on my phone and am appalled by how much I've been spending on clothing. from the 26th of September to now I've spent £115.49. This does not sit well with my saving goals and so I would like to pledge: £0 from October 11th (last day I bought clothes) to the New Year.

This is for clothes, shoes, makeup, perfume and jewellery. I went through my room last night and I have far too much of all of them.

I can already feel the itch to buy a pair of boots. I've been buying on gumtree, charity shops and ebay and so tricked myself into feeling that I was barely spending anything as things cost so little each.

I do feel confident in this challenge though as in previous months I have cut out a number of things. I like to do one thing at a time to keep the habit. First last spring was buying takeaway coffees. I was spending £20+ a month easily, and now probably buy one or two a month tops socially. Then was pre-made lunch meals, again I've saved a fair deal and am so much healthier. More recently has been bus travel to work, I was spending £4.40 a day (eep!) and now spent about £2.30 a week if I have a particularly late running morning or terrible rain. My goal for this is to get out my old sewing machine and alter some clothes I already have if I get the itch :)

Good luck for anyone else on this challenge!
    Saving since 2005 --> September '13: 37,800! Mortgage deposit saved! :)
  • Silver_Lining_3
    Options
    Just found this challenge, and feels like in the nick of time! I've just started using a spending app on my phone and am appalled by how much I've been spending on clothing. from the 26th of September to now I've spent £115.49. This does not sit well with my saving goals and so I would like to pledge: £0 from October 11th (last day I bought clothes) to the New Year.

This is for clothes, shoes, makeup, perfume and jewellery. I went through my room last night and I have far too much of all of them.

I can already feel the itch to buy a pair of boots. I've been buying on gumtree, charity shops and ebay and so tricked myself into feeling that I was barely spending anything as things cost so little each.

I do feel confident in this challenge though as in previous months I have cut out a number of things. I like to do one thing at a time to keep the habit. First last spring was buying takeaway coffees. I was spending £20+ a month easily, and now probably buy one or two a month tops socially. Then was pre-made lunch meals, again I've saved a fair deal and am so much healthier. More recently has been bus travel to work, I was spending £4.40 a day (eep!) and now spent about £2.30 a week if I have a particularly late running morning or terrible rain. My goal for this is to get out my old sewing machine and alter some clothes I already have if I get the itch :)

Good luck for anyone else on this challenge!
    Saving since 2005 --> September '13: 37,800! Mortgage deposit saved! :)
  • Jonesy88
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    £12 spend for me on a lovely fluffy hat from n3xt, bringing my total to £103/£120

But, i have my eye on some ankle boots at £35. They would smash through my limit though :(, decisions decisions ....
    SPC 7: #135 :staradmin | MFW 9.72% | Groceries: £6.49/£80 | Exercise 0/20 | NSDs 0/15
  • Jonesy88
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Arghhh my maths is rubbish, i hadnt updated my total correctly so it was £115/£120.

However, i really needed some winter boots for work so as a result - £150/£120 :(

Boo! Failed! Taking the positives though i have spent substantially less this year and have been ebaying like a good 'un with unwanted clothes/bags etc. Next year i might deduct ebay earning from my total as if i had done that this year i would have been well within target.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure