The Completely Crazy 2013 Clothes Challenge

Options

Comments

• elly68
    elly68 Posts: 2,538 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    well i crashed and burned lol but at least i know where my money goes ,next year i have 2 weddings and a hen night ,going on a crash diet as bigger clothes are definately more expensive ,hope you all have a merry xmas and see u in the new year .
    So finally debt free and it feels amazing however continuing here to stay debt free.Next declutter house and body and finally swim under that waterfall x
  • Going4TheDream
    Options
    Pay day today, one week early due to Christmas (just got to make it last till normal pay date in January though!)

Final update

No 17 Zero Spend all year

So pleased that I have done it! Merry Christmas everyone :)
    Dont wait for your boat to come in 'Swim out and meet the bloody thing' ;)
  • fedupandskint
    Options
    Pay day today, one week early due to Christmas (just got to make it last till normal pay date in January though!)

Final update

Well done!

That achievement is very inspirational, I'm almost at the point of reaching 8 months with no clothes spends despite some temptations at work with girls in the office drooling over clothes websites and sales. Trying to stay strong and make do with the boots and shoes I already have for now
    final unsecured debt to repay currently £8333
    Proud to be Dealing With my Debt
    DFW Nerd 1154 Long Haul 155
  • mad_scientist
    Options
    Well done going4thedream and fedupandskint, you've both done really well :j

I am going to finish off the year with one small purchase, I ordered socks from Debenhams to make a Christmas order up to £30 to get free delivery. I did need some new socks but its not very exciting :rotfl:

That brings me up to £195/£200 and I think thats me done for the year in my budget.

Have a good Xmas everyone!
    No more buying unnecessary toiletries 2018
    35 UU / 13 unnecessary ins
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Well done going4thedream and fedupandskint, you've both done really well :j

I am going to finish off the year with one small purchase, I ordered socks from Debenhams to make a Christmas order up to £30 to get free delivery. I did need some new socks but its not very exciting :rotfl:

That brings me up to £195/£200 and I think thats me done for the year in my budget.

Have a good Xmas everyone!

That's fantastic, madscientist you've had the same on the toiletries too, I saw!
    I am going for £100 spend on toiletries next year and perhaps £150 on clothes.

Going4thedream, whoo-hoo, amazing! Have you enjoyed putting together completely new outfits from what you have?

Today I'm wearing a slightly 'different' mid-green fine knit V neck top I picked up in the CS last year, purely as I didn't want to walk out empty handed. It has a white cotton modesty panel so that it looks as if you are wearing a vest. It's long-ish with a belt and three-quarter length sleeves.
    George at Asda, think it was one of his off days.
    I have a favourite green ribbed roll neck top that is now slightly worn and the odd-looking top has been great to wear over it. Had it not been for the challenge I would have probably not looked at that top again.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • his_missus
    his_missus Posts: 3,363 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options

Final update

:TWell done! That is fab news:T

I haven't spent anything on clothes since my last post apart from getting my boots reheeled for £7.
  • mad_scientist
    Options
    That's fantastic, madscientist you've had the same on the toiletries too, I saw!
    I am going for £100 spend on toiletries next year and perhaps £150 on clothes.

Thanks And. I don't think I will be able to set a budget for clothes or toiletries next year after my scrimping!

I have been doing the Clothes Challenge for 2 years and feel as if I am wearing rags to work most days now so a few new outfits are needed! :rotfl:
    No more buying unnecessary toiletries 2018
    35 UU / 13 unnecessary ins
  • Jonesy88
    Jonesy88 Posts: 959 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Does anyone know if there will be a 2014 thread?

I finished the year on £180/£120 which isnt too bad considering the amount i've spent in the past.
    :rudolf: DF by Xmas 2018: #83 £8,250/£15,000 55% :rudolf:
    SPC 7: #135 :staradmin | MFW 9.72% | Groceries: £6.49/£80 | Exercise 0/20 | NSDs 0/15
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    I did this a few years ago while I was in debt (am again but to the bank of mum & dad towards our deposit for our house - will be cleared by August next year). I am hoping there will be a 2014 thread as I want to join! I love sewing and intend to make the majority of my clothes next year but will need a few bits so am going to pledge my clothes spend for next year as £300
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • *hayley*
    Options
    Could we definitely have a 2014 thread. I was doing so so well then stopped logging in and fell off the wagon. I'm also going to try the toiletries challenge too :)
    Time for some debt busting in 2015 - Light Bulb Moment 4/4/15
    HSBC Credit Card - £900 :( HSBC Overdraft - £888.22 :( Natwest Credit Card - £1701.51 :( Nat West Overdraft - £1200 :(
    Trying again to get back on track....... Getting there slowly but steadily
    5 years of not buying clothes challenge - £0 :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family