Forum Home» Praise, Vent & Warnings

247 spares rip off!!! - Page 4

New Post Advanced Search

247 spares rip off!!!

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Praise, Vent & Warnings
80 replies 104.6K views

Replies

• I used 247 spares for about 5 years and always had fantastis service from them, the correct part, and reasonable prices.
    HOWEVER THIS HAS CHANGED. They now appear to have some AGENTS that have no interest in anything other than taking your money and running. Such a shame as they were previously so good I recommended them to ALL. If they want to hold on to any credibilty whatsoever, they need to review all their OUTSOURCING breakers. Most likely a few rotten apples spoiling the whole box....
    I suggest complaining to 247 Spares and state who sent you the incorrect parts. If they get enough from the same ones they'll obviously drop them from their books.

I requested a wheel carrier release mechanism and a left side electric window regulator for a 51 plate KIA SPORTAGE SX. Instead I got Either KIA Carens/Sedona Window reg. and a Wheel carrier for either an earlier model kia or a different car altogether.
    I already had my car booked to fit all these things, the mechanic stripped my car to fit only to find they were not what I asked for... so not only did I pay £90 for part, I also had to pay for the mechanics time to strip and put back as it was my car....
  • i would urge everyone not to purchae any goods of spares 247...i ahve reported them to trading standards after not recieving my refund...when i spoke to spares 247 i recieved a mouthfull of abuse from a lady called claire who had no telephone manners! also do not purcahse any good from auto express in yorkshire they are a con company!!! i was also given fake names when the man clearly speaking was asian and tole me about 10 different names each time i called:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:!!
  • DCFC79DCFC79 Forumite
    40.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lucy-lu wrote: »
    i would urge everyone not to purchae any goods of spares 247...

i think thats pretty clear
  • 24seven wrote: »
    Can I add my comments to this list.

Is 24/7 spares a scam?

They take the money, the parts never arrive and you're left to spend ages trying to get your money back, a total waste of time. :mad:

i dont get what is going on here... 247spares is a broker... all they do is put u in contact with the people with the parts... thats like saying gocompare took your money when u paid say Swinton for your insurance :s and the bill from swinton comes your saying gocompare took your money :S
  • lucy-lu wrote: »
    i would urge everyone not to purchae any goods of spares 247...i ahve reported them to trading standards after not recieving my refund...when i spoke to spares 247 i recieved a mouthfull of abuse from a lady called claire who had no telephone manners! also do not purcahse any good from auto express in yorkshire they are a con company!!! i was also given fake names when the man clearly speaking was asian and tole me about 10 different names each time i called:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:!!

far as i know 247spares just puts u your details into there system and who ever has the part contacts you. i use them a lot and i have never been charged by 247spares only by the people who i bough the part off... have you been billed by 247spares? if not all i can say is take it up with the company u got the part off. i had a similer problem but none with 247spares altho i did dispute it with them after and they had the dismantler banned off there system, as i didnt want any 1 else to be conned like i was. Other then that i have never had any money taken from me from 247spares.
  • Well, I can see from this thread that 247 spares are a nightmare. I enquired about a gearbox through them. The quote I received was for a gearbox with a 90 day guarantee, I rang to enquire about
    it, and spoke to mycarpart.co.uk, who told me they had the gearbox, out of a car that had only done 30 odd thousand miles it was like new, it had a 12 month guarantee, so I ordered and paid for it on a debit card.

When it arrived it was fitted by my mechanic, and then found to be faulty on test drive. I rang them they seemed helpful, but would have to speak to my mechanic, to confirm it was faulty. He rang, was told to check somethingthat may have been damaged in transit, and if that was not the case they would send out a replacement straight away. He did this (at my expense), it wasnt, so I rang them to get a new one sent. I was then told that they would not send out another until they had collected the gearbox and checked to see if it really was a faulty gearbox, or if my mechanic had damaged it!!! I asked my mechanic if they could collect it then hopefully send a replacement. He explained that that was not an option. the car would be in pieces and undrivable and would have to stay on his ramp, therefore preventing him working on other cars. And I would be without a car for ages!! I rang back and spoke to the manager , Adam, who was adamant that the only way forwards was to collect the gear box and check it, then maybe send another. When I re emphasised this was not an option he became very rude and told me that it was probably my mechanic who didnt know what he was doing. I asked for a refund so I could get another part, then they could collect their faulty one. He refused. I said that I knew that I did have rights, would he like me to take legal action or call Watchdog? At that point he told me I wasnt going to get a refund or a replacement, and he swore at me and hung up.

I tried to get hold of the MD apparently John Hargreaves, but he was unavailable and didnt take calls. I have also tried contacting the 247 spares broker, but their dispute page will not even accept my details, and although I have hung on for over 35 mins, they do not answer the phone.

So if anyone has found any numbers or details or has any useful advice, would love to hear from you. Surely these people should not be allowed to trade???
  • HI every one...I found i needed a trailing arm for an Audi got in touch via the web with 24/7 response was very quick and the part(if correct part is very reasonable)
    £38.78
    So i tried the number... auto answering service hungon hungon
    got bored thought id check the number via Google
    That comes up just a tad suspicious
    So now im thinking "ive phoned got no answer and im going to be billed £6.42 which looks about the basic charge"
    So now i try to get in touch with 247 spares to have a gripe to see if they are aware of the phone billing scam
    In short you can log in with you given part number and pin (given when they find a part) but unless you've actually brought and paid you cant get any further than the second page
    SO IM STAYING AWAY
    ps ive had to edit this post to conform with the "no links rule"
  • omen666omen666 Forumite
    2.2K posts
    What was the number?
  • Purchased a seat stereo connector on 22/11/10 for £23.50. I was told that i would get it next day which never happened. So i waited a few more days, called them and the gentleman had bad attitude. He then advised me if i do not receive it on Saturday 27th he will send courier on Monday 29th November.

Monday came and left and i did not receive anything. So i called on the Tuesday and asked for a refund. 3 weeks on i am still waiting for a refund and was told it will take 3-5 working days from 30th November. In between that time i have been calling this guy to chase up my refund, he has taken my card details twice and still have not received nothing.

I called him today 16/12/10 and i explained i am still waiting for the £23.50 refund what is going on three weeks on, he said to me 'and?? what do i want him to do'??. How dear he speak to me like that, i was absolutley livid.

He advised me to call him back in 5-10 minutes and he will chase up the refund. I do not believe that the refund has been put through as it does not take almost three and half weeks for a refund of £23.50.

I will take this to watch dig if i have to because they were quick to take the money from my account.

I am furious
  • Be very very carefull if you use 247 spares there phone number which they ask you to ring is a premium line thats dressed up as a mobile number which is 0703 471 3853 this is £6 a minute and they are in no hurry to answer and then ask if you can phone back in half an hour, and guess what this happens again and again. steer clear of 247 spares they are not cheaper.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support