We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Fat girl's fight to lose 2 'pounds' by 11/12/13...

Options

Comments

• Hopelessly_Hopeful
    Options
    NewLeaf wrote: »
    hi girls I need to rejoin. Not doing too well on either lbs or £. 13.8 so +7

Hi Newleaf

Don't be hard on yourself. You have had a lot on; especially recently. We will get there together. Am planning to check in regularly, certainly helped me tackle the debt and hoping the same will apply with health and fitness.

Have you got a strategy?

HHx
  • NewLeaf_2
    NewLeaf_2 Posts: 2,116 Forumite
    Options
    well right now it is to not eat chocolate or candy. I dont really drink (like Christmas or a birthday) dont eat take aways, my downfall is sugar so I need to avoid (also don't drink fizzy drinks)

I am on my fitness pal so will be tracking that again. I really need to reach my target weight of 10.7-10.10
    x
    Mortgage: £280,752/ £262,515.84
    hmrc:£16760/£5,480.20
    evil credit cards: £41,208/ £37,841
    Car: £18,800/£13,101.18
    Weight 13.9/ 12.6 -1 stone 3
    saving for refurb £2000/£700 1 July 2013
  • Hopelessly_Hopeful
    Hopelessly_Hopeful Posts: 2,868 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 28 April 2013 at 8:51AM
    Options
    Morning All

I lost another 1lb since last posting so that's 9lb in total. I am going to go back to weekly rather than monthly recording as it keeps me on track more easily.

Still having lapses but am finding eating more meals but smaller ones really suiting me. Not read the PM much the last week but will get back into next week as it does seem a way forward for me.

On debt front have finished my mortgage break now, also been chucking extra at it and have exhausted my emergency fund which I need to concentrate on building back up. Been a good psychological boost to get ahead though but will need to ease off the progress for the next few months but should still be able to clear approx. £900 a month minimum.

2 HH - Loss for April = 9lb, total loss = 9lb, £1's lost in 2013 = £9291

How's everyone else doing?

HHx
  • NewLeaf_2
    NewLeaf_2 Posts: 2,116 Forumite
    Options
    9lbs is a super achievement.

I walked for 5,000 steps yesterday so will do the same today x
    Mortgage: £280,752/ £262,515.84
    hmrc:£16760/£5,480.20
    evil credit cards: £41,208/ £37,841
    Car: £18,800/£13,101.18
    Weight 13.9/ 12.6 -1 stone 3
    saving for refurb £2000/£700 1 July 2013
  • Hopelessly_Hopeful
    Options
    Morning All

Was loosing slowly but surely on PM but am impatient and have lots to loose. I'd lost 10lb on PM but put 2lb back on so -8. Decided to have a go with low carb high protein diet. Have lost 5lb in first two days of LCHP. Total loss still 13lb in a month so am very happy with that.

How's everyone else doing?

2 HH - Loss for May = 5lb, total loss = 13lb, £1's lost in 2013 = £9291

HHx
  • Hopelessly_Hopeful
    Options
    Morning All

Anyone still there?

Update for me....

2 HH - Loss for May = 8lb, total loss in 2013 = I stone 2lb, £1's lost in 2013 = £9291
  • pennies_from_Heaven
    Options
    Morning All

Anyone still there?

Update for me....

2 HH - Loss for May = 8lb, total loss in 2013 = I stone 2lb, £1's lost in 2013 = £9291

Hi HH,
    I'm still keeping an eye on your great achievements! Lurking a bit tbh as nothing to report, keep going down a pound, sts, up a pound.
    Can't blame anyone or anything only my lack of motivation! Not so good either on the £'s , for the same reason!
    Thanks for posting, it's helping me lots with my motivation :)
    I wonder if anyone else is in the same position?

Pennies x
    LBM 1.1.16 = £27096.59 - now £17,020.38

Paydbx 2017 - £3588.90/£7000 = 51.27% - number 74

Paydbx 2016 - £6487.31/£7000 = 92.67% - number 74
  • Hopelessly_Hopeful
    Options
    Hi HH,
    I'm still keeping an eye on your great achievements! Lurking a bit tbh as nothing to report, keep going down a pound, sts, up a pound.
    Can't blame anyone or anything only my lack of motivation! Not so good either on the £'s , for the same reason!
    Thanks for posting, it's helping me lots with my motivation :)
    I wonder if anyone else is in the same position?

Pennies x

Thanks Pennies

Re weight. Tried the low carb but was combined with low fat and making me loose my head so have decided to just do lower carbs and try increase exercise. Learnt lots form the Paul McKenna stuff. Accepting progress may be slow but if it's heading in the right direction then so be it.

Re money. I was on a debt management plan so was sort of like an essential payment (even though these are involuntary and informal). I have carried on paying the same despite being three times over the minimum payment. I guess it is a little like detox, makes you appreciate the extra and think about choices more. Will be gone next year, thank goodness. Like the weight the debt busting progress will slow down a little but no way am I going back to where it was.

I guess you need to find your motivation & demotivation triggers on both parts. For the money side of things the calculators on this site I find very helpful. I also log everything on a spreadsheet so that things don't just run away.

Hope that helps.

HHX
  • pennies_from_Heaven
    Options
    Thanks Pennies

Re weight. Tried the low carb but was combined with low fat and making me loose my head so have decided to just do lower carbs and try increase exercise. Learnt lots form the Paul McKenna stuff. Accepting progress may be slow but if it's heading in the right direction then so be it.

Re money. I was on a debt management plan so was sort of like an essential payment (even though these are involuntary and informal). I have carried on paying the same despite being three times over the minimum payment. I guess it is a little like detox, makes you appreciate the extra and think about choices more. Will be gone next year, thank goodness. Like the weight the debt busting progress will slow down a little but no way am I going back to where it was.

I guess you need to find your motivation & demotivation triggers on both parts. For the money side of things the calculators on this site I find very helpful. I also log everything on a spreadsheet so that things don't just run away.

Hope that helps.

HHX

Thanks HH for those words of wisdom. I think this bit.........
    "I guess it is a little like detox, makes you appreciate the extra and think about choices more. Will be gone next year, thank goodness. Like the weight the debt busting progress will slow down a little but no way am I going back to where it was. "
    has really hit a chord with me, it is all down to choices, and those choices have consequences, but the stubborn 2 year old in me throws the toys out of the pram and decides she doesn't want to do this anymore and that there's no point, and on weigh in the scales reflect this (and bank balance!)
    To be honest I don't understand it, but I need to give her a virtual hug and move on!!
    Thanks again HH, it helps a lot :)
    Pennies xx
    LBM 1.1.16 = £27096.59 - now £17,020.38

Paydbx 2017 - £3588.90/£7000 = 51.27% - number 74

Paydbx 2016 - £6487.31/£7000 = 92.67% - number 74
  • Hopelessly_Hopeful
    Options
    Thanks HH for those words of wisdom. I think this bit.........
    "I guess it is a little like detox, makes you appreciate the extra and think about choices more. Will be gone next year, thank goodness. Like the weight the debt busting progress will slow down a little but no way am I going back to where it was. "
    has really hit a chord with me, it is all down to choices, and those choices have consequences, but the stubborn 2 year old in me throws the toys out of the pram and decides she doesn't want to do this anymore and that there's no point, and on weigh in the scales reflect this (and bank balance!)
    To be honest I don't understand it, but I need to give her a virtual hug and move on!!
    Thanks again HH, it helps a lot :)
    Pennies xx

I meant to say voluntary not involuntary!

Anything is possible if you want it.

Checking into MSE daily and updating my spreadsheets on a daily basis keeps me on track.

HHx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family