PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

January 2013 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• loveasale
    loveasale Posts: 620 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Had to get milk again today , and some bits I've run out of, also is SIL birthdate tomorrow so got her card out of GC and as I'm doing so well got her a lucky dip lotto also out of GC...
    Can go into 2nd weeks envelope tomorrow and I've put 2nd £10 in my Xmas club! :rotfl:
    :money: I will never be rich but I'm happy :rotfl:
  • redbooties
    redbooties Posts: 141 Forumite
    I spent £22.75 on pizza express pizzas for everyone and a magazine for me, I need to do a fairly large shop tomorrow, I think it will be mainly pet food though as I think I have quite a lot of food left in the freezer and stock cupboard for us.
  • sjprmc01
    sjprmc01 Posts: 917 Forumite
    £1.60 in Sains. Bt will also have to pick bread and milk up when's I get back from my first diet class!

This month has been a bit of a learning curve as I never really know what I spend and I did try in Sept or Oct but bowed out before the end of the month. Reckon I'm going to come in waaaaaay over budget this month but at least I will have a figure to lower in future months

I've just booked part of my summer hol so I really need to get a grip with the spending
    No more unnecessary toiletries Feb 2014 INS: 24 UU: 13. Mar 2014. INS: lost count, naughty step for me! UU: 8
  • Tales17
    Tales17 Posts: 257 Forumite
    No spend day today for me, hoping my partner managed it too so I can update my signature!

Will be another graze box tomorrow and a mini shop to get a couple of things as I'm making a birthday cake for my Dad on Saturday :)
    Grocery Challenge 2019 YTD-£820.46/£7200(11%)
    Grocery Challenge Feb - £93.10/£600(16%)
    £12k in 2019 #: Monthly Saving Accounts £500, Cashback & Competition Sites £2.59, Shopping Saving £152.09,Selling £121.26, Interest & Dividends £43.93, Surveys £0, 365 Day Penny Challenge # £103.44
    Total Saved - £923.31/£12000(8%)
  • Tales17
    Tales17 Posts: 257 Forumite
    Doh! He couldn't resist the temptation to buy a packet of crisps out the vending machine! Only 30p but a spend is a spend so fingers crossed we can make it on Friday! :)
    Grocery Challenge 2019 YTD-£820.46/£7200(11%)
    Grocery Challenge Feb - £93.10/£600(16%)
    £12k in 2019 #: Monthly Saving Accounts £500, Cashback & Competition Sites £2.59, Shopping Saving £152.09,Selling £121.26, Interest & Dividends £43.93, Surveys £0, 365 Day Penny Challenge # £103.44
    Total Saved - £923.31/£12000(8%)
  • zafiro1984
    zafiro1984 Posts: 2,445 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    First proper shop of the year. Mr A delivered and I managed to keep it down to just under £40 including delivery. Got mainly fruit, and veg fresh and frozen. Should be set up now for about two weeks with what is still in the freezers. Here's hoping.
  • mossy
    mossy Posts: 1,263 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Simo429 wrote: »
    Is there a thread to go through the abreviations for things becuase I am finding it difficult to follow the thread

Aww bless ya Simon.
    Coxy11 wrote: »
    Hi - some of the more obvious ones are:

NSD - no spend day
    YS/RTC - yellow stickered/reduced to clear items

HTH (hope that helps!)

Just trying to think of some others:

DH - Dearest Husband
    DW - Dearest Wife
    OH - Other half
    DD - Dearest Daughter (therefore DD2 would be the second daughter)
    DS - Dearest Son
    GDD/GDS - Great grand daughter/son
    FIL/MIL - Father/Mother in law

Mr A - Asda
    Mr T - Tesco
    Sainsbob, Mr S - Sainsburys

Hope that helps. ;)
    Saving for Disney again, oops why book one Disney holiday when you can book two!
    :starmod: Emergency Fund Savings - #148 - £10/£1000 1% :starmod:
    :xmastree:#083 SPC6 £63 - SPC7 £90 - SPC8 £63 - SPC9 £54 - SPC10 £26 - SPC12 £70 :xmastree:
  • I forgot it was my turn to supply the milk at work, so 90p on the way in today... Luckily that's all I've spent today, so not too bad! Sadly, it does mean that I didn't get the NSD that I was hoping for... But there's still tomorrow :)
    *2016 - the year of the savings account!*

GC: Jan (£300/£179.76) 8 NSD
    Diet: 60lbs this year - so far: 0.5
  • elizabunny
    elizabunny Posts: 1,030 Forumite
    kippers wrote: »
    Just to warn all of you breadmakers out there...A fews days ago I went to asda to buy strong white flour as it was only 60p a bag. Unfortunately the shelves were bare.

Today I went to try again and it has gone up to 80p per bag :shocked::shocked::shocked:!!!! So the bad harvests are beginning to hit. Obviously I didn't buy it, I nipped to Tesco and bought it there as it's still 66p a bag, but I'm sure all the supermarkets will soon follow.

Thought this may help someone.

Thanks for this ^^^:) Although, I did hear a news report yesterday which said that although, Barley and Potato crops had been hit by the weather, Wheat had not and that this would mean meat and bread prices would not be affected by the huge food price hikes. I don't think I agree with this. Judging by my shop this week in Mr S*, I don't think it will matter whether crops have been badly affected by the weather or not, the prices will still go up and up:mad: Having said that, their white bread flour was still 66p per bag, but the other branded varieties were much higher.:(

A NSD for me. We are on day 2 of our HM veggie soup which is yummy, one more day left.
    Sealed Pot Challenge 7 Member 022 :staradmin:staradmin:staradmin
    5:2 Diet started 28/1/2013 only 13lbs lost due to Xmas 2013 blip.
  • mossy
    mossy Posts: 1,263 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Can't remember the exact price, but I'm sure Lidl's price for flours including strong flour were good. Will have to check next time I pop in. Haven't bought any flour for a while. :)
    Saving for Disney again, oops why book one Disney holiday when you can book two!
    :starmod: Emergency Fund Savings - #148 - £10/£1000 1% :starmod:
    :xmastree:#083 SPC6 £63 - SPC7 £90 - SPC8 £63 - SPC9 £54 - SPC10 £26 - SPC12 £70 :xmastree:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure