January 2013 Grocery Challenge - Page 110

New Post Advanced Search

January 2013 Grocery Challenge

edited 12 December 2012 at 3:40PM in Old Style MoneySaving
2.1K replies 132.6K views

Replies

• mummyyof5mummyyof5 Forumite
    1.8K posts
    IM not going out today but my mum is picking up a couple of items for me so will add to total when she gets back..should be less than £5.
    Feeding 6 Adults 1 Teen a 8 year old with hollow legs and a very fussy 5 year old. Also 3 cats and 3 fishies
    To include all Food,Toiletries and Petfood.
  • tessie_beartessie_bear Forumite
    4.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭✭
    hi...been busy with cleaning...does the washing 2 kids create tip anyone else over the edge or just me ??? anyhow i need to sort out a chilli for tea and prep a huge bowl of apricots i got from the local market for a quid...i am going to keep them in the fridge and eat with yogurt...also need to total up this weeks spends so far and get tomorrows tea from the freezer

i amthinking of getting a bread maker...i think i might get one from lakeland because i have heared their customer service is great...the only one i have ever had came from argos and never really worked properly

have a nice day tess
    onwards and upwards
  • jumblejackjumblejack Forumite
    6.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    A quick tot up in my spend diary shows I have only spent £10.94 so far this week since Saturday! :) :j
    :A Every moment is a gift. That's why we call it the present.!:A
    Grocery Spend Weekly Challenge (Sat-Fri):£30.50/£40
  • Another spend last night including a YS 400g bloomer for 21p and some YS plums, decided to get some of the things off of today's shopping list as I get a discount at work so made sense. Spent £4.74 in total.

Out today to check out Lidls before Sainsbob to make sure I get the best prices I can, have written all Sainsbobs prices down from My Supermarket on my shopping list so I can compare. Added Riverford, due Friday, to signature as I have paid that already.

Back later to update.
    Stay at home Mum to DS Oct 2011 and DD Dec 2013
    Grocery Challenge

April 298.08/300.00 NSD 14 May £213.56/£300 NSD 4
  • kipperskippers Forumite
    2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭
    Just to warn all of you breadmakers out there...A fews days ago I went to asda to buy strong white flour as it was only 60p a bag. Unfortunately the shelves were bare.

Today I went to try again and it has gone up to 80p per bag :shocked::shocked::shocked:!!!! So the bad harvests are beginning to hit. Obviously I didn't buy it, I nipped to Tesco and bought it there as it's still 66p a bag, but I'm sure all the supermarkets will soon follow.

Thought this may help someone.
    :j :j :j :j :j
  • hi...been busy with cleaning...does the washing 2 kids create tip anyone else over the edge or just me ??? anyhow i need to sort out a chilli for tea and prep a huge bowl of apricots i got from the local market for a quid...i am going to keep them in the fridge and eat with yogurt...also need to total up this weeks spends so far and get tomorrows tea from the freezer

i amthinking of getting a bread maker...i think i might get one from lakeland because i have heared their customer service is great...the only one i have ever had came from argos and never really worked properly

have a nice day tess

I do washing for 4 and I really struggle to get it dry,

I've taken to doing all our bed sheets and towels on one day a week and take them to the laundrette for drying
  • kippers wrote: »
    Just to warn all of you breadmakers out there...A fews days ago I went to asda to buy strong white flour as it was only 60p a bag. Unfortunately the shelves were bare.

Today I went to try again and it has gone up to 80p per bag :shocked::shocked::shocked:!!!! So the bad harvests are beginning to hit. Obviously I didn't buy it, I nipped to Tesco and bought it there as it's still 66p a bag, but I'm sure all the supermarkets will soon follow.

Thought this may help someone.

Aldi has plain white flour (not the strong unfortunately) for 55p/1.5kg bag. I make all of my breads out of that and it works fine.
    Baby Dale
    26th January 2014 - Forever in our hearts
    :A
    Eli Gabriel 19th February 2015
    :j
  • biscuitmadbiscuitmad Forumite
    843 posts
    ✭✭✭
    mrsdwhite wrote: »
    Just stopping by to update my spending...I had my grocery shop delivered on Sunday, and the only meat I ordered was value ham for DD's lunch boxes! Amazing how much cheaper shopping is without meat!
    I checked my delivery saver and it runs out on 11th feb, which I think will be about the same time as my loyalty's to te**o go elsewhere after checking my supermarket the other day to see that my normal shop is £10 cheaper elsewhere...
    Anyway, my shop this week was £51.52 which is slightly over my weekly budget, however I stocked up on some half price stuff that will last for quite a while and was well worth using the little bit extra for.
    Also spent £4 last night on some packet risotto mixes, which was bad but they're really useful to have in the cupboard for quick lunches.

Do you check your receipt on the tesco price promise page as you should hopefully get the difference back.

X
  • Hi all thought I might get involved in this

Mine won't be purely for the groceries but more for the money spent on non essentials as my wife does the big shop each week while I will pop in and get treats on the way home from work also going to include the money I spend on eating out and drinking in this as well.

I believe that roughly for me and the wife I spend upwards of £350 a month on non essentials and this is obviously too much. The ridiculous thing is how little I spend in the week. I reguarly have NS days monday to Friday and then waste it all in one go.

I would like to bring it down to £200 and I'd like to try and bank that £150 a month

Since monday I have been monitoring my spending.
    Moday was NS day
    Tuesday I spent £3.60 on some pasta and some party food snacks for a weekly 'fuddle' we have at work on a wednesday lunchtime
  • Good afternoon all,
    think i`m heading for a NSD today:j, but haven`t added it yet to siggy, as you never know.

Having a ramage through the fridge and we have some veg that desperatly needs using. The sprout stalk I got on christmas eve is still o.k, so that will be finished off along with the rest of the veg. I`m gonna use some of the YS salmon I managed to get earlier in the week, so no spends for dinner. I also made a very quick lunchtime carrot soup with some corriander I had left over from my HM salsa, which was very nice. And because i`m now out of my YS bread, i`ve just popped the breadmaker on.

I will have to do a weekly shop tomorrow, as I now do my main shop on a thursday, instead of getting food in every day, which i`m hoping will cut my bill down.

We usually go to MrT, as this is more local to us, about 10 minutes away, but I want to try out MrA instead, which is proberly about 20 minutes further. I not sure if it`s just me, but i`m sure my shopping bill from MrT seems to be going up, so thought i`d just try somewhere else for a change.
    Grocery Challenge 2013: July week 1 £90/£87.41 :D
    week 2 £90.00/£118.38:eek: week 3 £90/£60.54:jweek4 £90/£79.90 week5 £45/£00
    End of mortgage april 2030
    Mortgage overpayment from june 2013 aiming for £400 a month: £451
    Emergency fund 2013 from june £70