🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Hi-Life Diners Club

Options

Comments

• JoseChungsDoomsday
    Options
    just signed up however their site wouldn't take the 4 digit amex security code!
    :santa2:
  • avoniel
    avoniel Posts: 583 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Why don't you try ringing them. Telephone Number is Tel: 01253 608910
  • Jo4
    Jo4 Posts: 6,819 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Hubbys card arrived on Tuesday 14th and is valid until the end of October. If we use this one I will let you know where and how we get on.
  • JoseChungsDoomsday
    Options
    already been turned down by burbon - I had already made the reservation before the card had arrived and called on the day to ask if it was ok to use. The answer was 'we are fully booked and don't want any high life cards tonight'.

So I went to a packed Zen and they took it no probs :p
    :santa2:
  • avoniel
    avoniel Posts: 583 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    jmcateer wrote: »
    Sweenys Portballintrae Friday 3 August Saving £12. Card scratched
    Total £76.30

15 October Northern Whig 3 free courses saving £16.50. Running total now £92.80.

Card taken with a smile but card scratched.
  • gloria
    gloria Posts: 45 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Initially tried to book for Ryans Bar on Lisburn Rd for Saturday nite, but although the website showed that you could use your card on Sat, when my husband called to book, they said they didn't take them on Saturday.

We were actually glad, went to Brownes instead. This was our first vist and will def not be our last. We had 4 courses, 2 mini bottles of wine and 2 soft drinks for £29.98, saving of £15. We didn't really know what to expect, but were very pleasantly surprised. Every course was delicious, even the Chocolate Fudge cake wasn't too icky! We had clean plates on every course. The best meal that we've had in Belfast for a long time and they didn't scratch, so we'll definately be returning.

By the way also used the card at Bourbon (terrible) and the Whig (great). Must try to use it a bit more before it runs out.
  • belfastgirl23
    Options
    Thanks for resurrecting this thread, I had been following it with interest :)

Where is browne's by the way? **edit sorry just saw it was in the title :)

And I wouldn't go back to bourbon either...
  • nosey_biatch
    Options
    hi-can someone explain scratched to me? lol :o soz for seeming so dim!! ta
  • dmxdave
    dmxdave Posts: 1,605 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    hi-can someone explain scratched to me? lol :o soz for seeming so dim!! ta

Try post #1
    Thought I would start this thread to share experiences and as a record of savings I have made. I t says in guide that I got that majority of establishments will not scratch back of card but if they do you can not use it again in that restaurant. So far 3 places have scratched 2 haven't.

PS what does SOZ mean? :D
    Dave
  • nosey_biatch
    Options
    yes I read the first post but still none the wiser?!?!!! a scratch or multiple scratches could be made by anyone-
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport