Hi-Life Diners Club

Options

Comments

• bbsmom
    bbsmom Posts: 402 Forumite
    Options
    oh - sorry forgot to say - they didnt scratch the card either.

total bill for hubbys hugh bowl of Pasta Carbonara,(most yummy i've ever tasted) 2 soft drinks Rib eye steak with all the trimmings and pepper sauce,sweet chiili cubes/fries and big bowl of chips for ds was £16. odds

Brilliant value
  • bbsmom
    bbsmom Posts: 402 Forumite
    Options
    Latest use was Ryans on Lisburn Road on Friday night, the card covers 3 courses here but we just had a shared starter and a main course each and ordered a bowl of chips for ds.

The total bill before hi-life card was £30- odds( shared ribs starter, 2 soft drinks sirloin steak &trimmings with chilli chips and hubby had a "boxty" - "crepy" type thing with bacon and cabbage filling. After presenting card £19. Food lovely, staff very friendly and no problem using the hi-life card.

Well pleased with the saving but sadly they did scratch the card otherwise I would have made a return visit this week.:D

Only noticed when I came out that they had deducted price of ds chips (£2.50) from total bill in lieu of 2nd starter - ds had his chips whilst we shared starter so they must have classed his chips as a second starter and deducted the price of them.

Think I will deffo be taking out the card for the full years membership.

Total saving so far in trail period is £41 in four uses - considering the card only costs £50 for a full year its a pretty good deal if you eat out a lot.

:j:j:j
  • hendy
    hendy Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    After reading the posts about Hi Life my tum was rumbling and mouth watering, so I signed up for the free trial. Card arrived today and I am impressed with the range of restaurants listed. One question though. The book says you have to call their 0871 number to book a table? Is this how they make their money? What happens if you contact the restaurant directly?
  • CL
    CL Posts: 1,537 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I just booked with the restaurant directly and told them that I would be using the Hi-Life card and had no problems.
  • avoniel
    avoniel Posts: 583 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hendy wrote: »
    After reading the posts about Hi Life my tum was rumbling and mouth watering, so I signed up for the free trial. Card arrived today and I am impressed with the range of restaurants listed. One question though. The book says you have to call their 0871 number to book a table? Is this how they make their money? What happens if you contact the restaurant directly?

Let us know how you get on.
  • PandaPants_2
    PandaPants_2 Posts: 1,978 Forumite
    Options
    Is the free trial still running?
    Undefeated Wii Fit ski jump champion!
    Vegas Junkie....

Festering_Plates' number one fan! :T
  • avoniel
    Options
    4 May Stone Boat Newcastle Saving £6.50 Didnt scratch.
    Total saving £48.30[/quote]

Haven't used for a while as DW had 2 month trial card.
    Used tonight at Ginger Tree saving £16.00. Didnt scratch and very pleasant when taking it.

Total saving £64.30. In profit with still 8 months to go!!
  • avoniel
    Options
    PandaPants wrote: »
    Is the free trial still running?

Yes they are.
  • avoniel
    Options
    Sweenys Portballintrae Friday 3 August Saving £12. Card scratched
    Total £76.30
  • Jo4
    Jo4 Posts: 6,819 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I never used mine so I returned it. Hubby has just applied for one. I think we might use this one though as we are going away for a weekend and it will be our 9th wedding anniversary in September!! :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure