Hi-Life Diners Club

Options
1141516171820»

Comments

• thestack
    thestack Posts: 47 Forumite
    Options
    Got my hi-life diners card today, but can't get my account to activate - does this need to be done before I use the card? Also said in the letter that restaurant details can be found in the directory, but where do i get that from? Hope someone can clear this up - tried ringing Hi-Life but they never rang, maybe they don't work on a Saturday!!
  • FUNKYDADDIO
    FUNKYDADDIO Posts: 552 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Im assuming you have been to the site..http://www.hi-life.co.uk/ActivateMyAccount.aspx, you may need to try the postcode a few different ways, I rem I had an issue with that..
  • gloria
    gloria Posts: 45 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Used our card on saturday nite at St. Georges Market Bar & Grill.

Food was really good BUT, there was absolutely no atmosphere in the place. At most, there were 8 people in the restaurant, most seemed to be using a Daily Dealicious offer. Also had to ask several times before getting a glass of wine that I'd ordered.

And when the bill came, they had only discounted one course, despite the website saying up to 3 courses. We regularly go to Ryans and the Cloth Ear, both of which say up to 3 courses, and you can actually have three courses. So, after being loudly told that wasn't what they had agreed with Hi-Life, we just paid and left.

Shame really as we really enjoyed the meal, but their attitude really put us off.:(
  • quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    just phoned to book the brushtown hotel and they no longer accept the hi-life card do you think it's worth emailing hi-life?

btw i got my mil a card with my tesco vouchers and she received a book (i didn't before) when i emailed they did the whole you bought with tesco vouchers so it's internet based or you can buy a book but i said they were both tesco vouchers yet she received one even tho i had purchased both cards so they sent me one for free :)
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • icookalot4u
    Options
    used card in saltwater brig, outside kircubbin. Really ood food, we just had a main each but wouldnt have like to have paid £11.95 each for scampi and chips and salmon with a bit of salad and 2 fish cakes. Didnt mark
    Also used it in harbour inn newcastle and they didnt mark(this time anyway) have a seperate manu and did 2 courses for 2 for £15.95 and 3 for £17.95 as far as i remember. Good choice and great food and service
  • BigAndy_79
    BigAndy_79 Posts: 569 Forumite
    Options
    The last time that we *tried* to use ours was in Archandia on Dublin Road. I had rang and booked and informed that I was intending to use my Hi-Life card. No problem at all. We were late in getting there, so rang again, again told name, and the fact we had a Hi-Life card. Again, zero problems. Arrived, sat down and produced the card. We were literally ushered out of the door after being told that we "had already used the card this month." It was unbelievable. On the previous occasion we had bought a bottle of wine and I had two bottles of Tiger Beer, so we were certainly not scamping on buying anything. Anyway, we won't be back. I am going to boycott the place, to be honest. We were not best pleased. I contacted Hi-Life and they said that this should not have happened and vowed to contact the restaurant. This offers good food, but we will certainly not be visiting it again.....:( :mad: :(
  • icookalot4u
    Options
    Whites tavern in belfast today, meal was yummy, waitress said 1 course only, card wasnt marked. we will defo be back
  • BigAndy_79
    Options
    have heard that the food in there is supposed to be decent. Must check it out...
  • littlemissmullen
    Options
    i've just signed up for hi-life diners.. gonna try it just for the trial period, then see what happens. i think i will miss not being able to go back to the same restaurants too much.

can any of you experienced hi-lifers give us newbies a list of belfast restaurants that (in their experience) don't scratch the card? :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure