Hi-Life Diners Club

Options

Comments

• belfastgirl23
    belfastgirl23 Posts: 8,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Don't forget pizza x often have vouchers that don't exclude saturdays - might be worth checking them out too.
  • kirsty_r
    kirsty_r Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    The pizza express vouchers at the mo don't include saturdays. There's a pizza hut voucher out there at the minute which includes all days.
  • Willyk
    Willyk Posts: 302 Forumite
    Options
    Got my card with Tesco vouchers and used it last night at TGI Fridays. No problems and saved £10 on main course. Did mark the back though. I did question HiLife about this a while back as it says nothing on website about only being able to use it once at each restaurant. They replied as follows: "The numbers on the back correspond to each restaurant. A restaurant may choose to make the offer introductory but this only a few of the restaurants."
  • Jacka87
    Jacka87 Posts: 369 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Willyk wrote: »
    Got my card with Tesco vouchers and used it last night at TGI Fridays. No problems and saved £10 on main course. Did mark the back though. I did question HiLife about this a while back as it says nothing on website about only being able to use it once at each restaurant. They replied as follows: "The numbers on the back correspond to each restaurant. A restaurant may choose to make the offer introductory but this only a few of the restaurants."

Glad to here that Hi-Life have cleared this up regarding using more than once in the same restraunt. I have to say Hi-LIfe has saved me a fortune, my OH likes a particular restraunt and used to drag me their once a week at a nice big cost! Fiver for starters and tenner for mains (roughly) so I would alwayys try get a starter to share if I wasnt that hungry etc. I now go and get 2 starters 2 mains and only pay for one of each. This also means I sometimes get left overs for the next day if I cant finish the main! The best thing is we still go pretty much religously to the same restraunt and havent been rejected yet!!!

Another note is this years renewal came with an offer of a free second card for one year! This is obviouslly to get you to get the second card then renew it in a year. The thing is if me and my misses go out then we can only use one card anyway, but if we go out with a couple of our friends then we can get a meal for 4 at the cost of a meal for 2! This will save you nearly the cost of the card in one go! And the second one was a freebie!

Anyway, great savings if your gona use it, and if somewhere wont let you use it multiple times then at least make sure you get a nice variety of restraunts to try!
    Here to help and be helped!

New to MB, running profit, £16 from MB, £30 cashback!
  • BigAndy_79
    Options
    I got one through Tesco as well and it has been great. The only two gripes were Tony Romas, and more disappointingly, TGI Friday's marking the back of the card. I was looking forward to using it to get the JD ribs for what would be effectively half price. Wasn't to be, though.

The last place we went to was really good. 2-4-1 on starters, mains, desserts AND breads at an Indian on Dublin Road in the city. It the one beside Subway and is called something like "Archadia" (or something).

It is a marvellous thing, imo. We will be using our Tesco Rewards vouchers to buy another one at the beginning of 2011.
  • ram_murdock
    Options
    hi

i just tried to sign up but wasnt sure which card to request for NI? is it the Ireland one which you pay for in Euro?
    £4000 a year challenge member

House Deposit fund - 78% (5th September 2009)
  • gawa75
    gawa75 Posts: 200 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you are in NI, then the Ireland card is what you need. It's good as it covers the whole island (was good for me last year as I was in Dublin quite a few times - you must go to La Caverna, it's exceptional)

If you live in NI, then you pay in £ of course. If you live in the Republic, then you pay in euros
  • lazer
    lazer Posts: 3,402 Forumite
    Options
    Supposedl the cards have now changed

There is only one national card now covering the UK and Ireland

However looking at the website a number of the restaurnats now seem to accept platinum Hi Life cards only - which i assume is more expensive

This is a massive drawback to the card now - I have only just got mine renewed and am not happy at this

examples of places now Platimum:
    No 27
    Co Co
    Bengal Brassarie

All of which you could have used the old Ireland card in

Very disappointing
    Weight loss challenge, lose 15lb in 6 weeks before Christmas.
  • BigAndy_79
    Options
    Willyk wrote: »

I got mine through Tesco, and shall be doing so again come the new year, by using next quarter's Tesco vouchers. I, too, used mine in TGI Friday's and they were one of the very few who marked the back of the card. Was gutted as was all set to go for the equivilent of paying £7-50 or so for their JD ribs...:(
  • coolcarma
    coolcarma Posts: 44 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    lazer wrote: »
    Supposedl the cards have now changed

There is only one national card now covering the UK and Ireland

However looking at the website a number of the restaurnats now seem to accept platinum Hi Life cards only - which i assume is more expensive

This is a massive drawback to the card now - I have only just got mine renewed and am not happy at this

examples of places now Platimum:
    No 27
    Co Co
    Bengal Brassarie

All of which you could have used the old Ireland card in

Very disappointing

Just realised they had changed the terms as I was about to book No 27 as a birthday treat for my dear hubby. Rang them to find out what was happening and was told they were doing a special offer whereby we could upgrade our card for just £10 for the rest of our membership. Probably worth doing as all the restaurants we'd wanted to try have now gone Platinum only.

C
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport