🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Cheap Parcel Delivery - official discussion

Options

Comments

• midsummer42
    Options
    UK Mail, or ipostparcels (they are the same company) are impossible to deal with if anything goes wrong. They lost a parcel (which was an ebay purchase) and despite several requests to them to investigate nothing ever came of it. There is no phone number to ring, all has to be done through their very restrictive pro-forma. They asked for photographic evidence, but there is no way you can send it. After many attempts to locate the parcel and no action on UK Mail's side, I have had to refund the purchaser's money, and the postage, which has left me well out of pocket. I WILL NEVER USE THIS COMPANY AGAIN.
  • Leasholm15
    Options
    Does anyone have experience of shipping to Australia? I have heard that you can pay for a part container but don't know where to start.
  • tightwad86
    Options
    Hi all,

Some great advice on here. I have been using superpostie.co.uk for the last few weeks. They offer a brilliant service, especially on my overseas parcels. I send quite a bit so they give me some discount off their standard prices too!
  • LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    dsided wrote: »
    I'm surprised there was no mention of parcel aggregators such as parcel2go (parcel2go dot com) or parcelmonkey (parcelmonkey dot co dot uk

These can cut a few pence off the list price, and for heavier or unusual items can offer the best price from larger companies such as FedEd, UPS etc.

Also worth noting for sending bulky items (such as a pram) parcel force is the cheapest at £12.50.

Just used MSE's code for a parcel collection and I'm pleased to say that it worked. See Martin's newletter and use the link which takes you to Parcel2Go and you can choose which carrier to use. Code gives £5.00 off, and mine was free as the cost was less than £5.
  • kada33
    Options
    Have just booked parcel collection and delivery through Parcel2go.com using MSE code. It worked. I have never had a problem with MyHermes (maybe I'm just lucky) but have used them again for this parcel, so it will be interesting to see what happens!
  • Leasholm15
    Options
    unfortunately the item is bulky and heavy and would not describe it as a parcel, more like a chest, does anyone know about shipping containers?
  • kulevet
    kulevet Posts: 24 Forumite
    edited 8 December 2015 at 11:11AM
    Options
    used the PARCEL2GO code today - told me it was accepted but £5 didn't come off - anyone else having this issue - browser issue worked in chrome but not IE for me
  • Kayster
    Kayster Posts: 390 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I had a large bundle of papers weighing just under 1 kg to send to my solicitor at the weekend and was going to use RoyalMail but instead opted for My Hermes. Dropped them of at local petrol station Sunday lunch time thinking they would leave Monday but they were collected Sunday afternoon and delivered midday Monday. Incredible value for £2.60 tracked.
  • Parcel2Go.com
    Parcel2Go.com Posts: 8 Organisation Representative
    Options
    kulevet wrote: »
    used the PARCEL2GO code today - told me it was accepted but £5 didn't come off - anyone else having this issue - browser issue worked in chrome but not IE for me

Good morning kulevet,

I apologise for the issues you are having with the discount code.

Can you email us on - moneysavingexpert@parcel2go.com and I will look into it for you.

Many thanks.

Sam
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Parcel2go.com. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE
  • SarahMcE
    Options
    Could anyone tell me the cheapest way to send the above parcel please?

Would like received before Christmas

Many thanks in advance if you're able to help me :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure