MFW Diary - Take 1!

Options

Comments

• Calfuray
    Calfuray Posts: 1,003 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    edited 10 October 2013 at 7:05PM
    Options
    Sent money across today. Double and triple checked details - but still terrifying!
  • Calfuray
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    Went to bank nice and early today, closed a pesky account I've been trying to close for ages - got 16.06 interest! Woop woop! Also deposited £10 in coin bags, so another £26.06 to mortgage.

Starting to get lots of letters for my accounts opening up, looks like today will be a day of phoning and changing direct debits and sending money to various accounts.
  • edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,469 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Starting to get lots of letters for my accounts opening up, looks like today will be a day of phoning and changing direct debits and sending money to various accounts.

Congrats on the virtuous start to the day - I'm hoping that our postie brings my internet banking pin for H@lifax today so that I can move some DDs.

Off to jump on beds today? :)
  • Calfuray
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    Congrats on the virtuous start to the day - I'm hoping that our postie brings my internet banking pin for H@lifax today so that I can move some DDs.

Off to jump on beds today? :)

Still at it -_-

3 accounts I changed online with no problems.
    2 accounts I'm currently on the phone about.
    1 is not open at weekends.
    1 I can't find the details for - TV License!
    1 still to phone.
    1 OH has to do.

But do you need internet banking pin to move DDs? If you have sort code and account number you can just give that to people I thought? But I know what you mean, I'm waiting on my Spanish bank details as too scared to send over my lump sum without being able to physically see it!

And yes, just waiting on OH coming back from event out for friend's bday, then that's the plan, but I'll see if he's up for it when he comes in!
  • Calfuray
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    Got back from uni about an hour ago. Shattered, and back up at 8.30 tomorrow. Assignments are flying in thick and fast and I want to stay on top of them. Nearly finished first one, but one is due in on Friday and I'm stuck on it.

Early night and book tonight. Too tired to catch up on diaries, just checking in tonight.

Mattress shopping at weekend did happen, but even more confused now. Found one we both really liked but is exclusive to one branch and hence has stupid price.

Won my first competition today, cinema tickets for a film before release date. So excited!
  • Calfuray
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    No time - again! Got home about 8 today, so improvement. Progress made, but wish it was more.

Meeting tomorrow to feed back info on courses (as class rep). Sent out email asking for feedback, received really passive-aggressive, snarky, deliberately inflammatory feedback. Don't really know what to do about it...
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Calfuray wrote: »

Meeting tomorrow to feed back info on courses (as class rep). Sent out email asking for feedback, received really passive-aggressive, snarky, deliberately inflammatory feedback. Don't really know what to do about it...
    Summarise it in your own words ;).
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • Calfuray
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    Thanks GG. Was very awkward.

Me: 'This student said they didn't like this room for labs'
    Them: 'Oh, why not?'
    Me: 'Can't say :o '

Oh well. Home at 5 today, nice normal time! Caught up on diaries. Nearly finished first assignment, can't wait til it's done. Should finish it tonight if I crack on.

Email from TheSearchEngine, my application is not being taken any further. Not surprised, I don't have enough technical ability yet. At least I don't have to have the horribly complicated interview process that would have used up time studying for, and no London rent prices etc. Can now look for internships closer to home, meaning I don't have to pay for a place to stay twice, won't miss my OH, and can relax a bit. Phew! Disappointed obviously, but surprisingly not that upset.

DDs all set up with S123, waiting on the Halifax ones showing up, then will need to work out what day to do the money shuffle on.

Hope everyone is well

x
  • edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,469 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 16 October 2013 at 9:07PM
    Options
    Good evening Cal.

Volunteering for class rep/anything in work with the word 'champion'/almost all committees is almost always thankless. It does look good on the old CV, however, and employers like enthusiasm.

Bit of a co-inky-dink, but I was also a search engine reject (but at an even younger age). I got through to the final stage of an interview and totally blew it. I was young, self-effacing and completely unprepared for the flashy and insubstantial light that I was obviously expected to present myself in.

Of course now I realise that you just lie about your awesomeness :rotfl:
  • Calfuray
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    Hey Ed :)

Yeah, that's why I volunteered, the ol' bane of my life, Mr CV. I actually enjoy the module too, so thought I would offer. The lecturer was getting a bit desperate as nobody was volunteering, so I felt awkward and said okay. :rotfl:
    Wasn't complete waste of time, also got to talk to some 4th years who gave us advice on Honours projects etc. So, yay.
    Sent the culprit an email back asking them to be professional next time, no response and they didn't say anything to me in class, so...

Assignment finished and handed in, onto next three! Next hand-in date is mid-November, but all three are due at same time, and one can be done only using uni software. Mid-semester break next week (when did that happen!?!) so planning to go in and use labs next week.

Curry night and movie tonight, then no classes tomorrow, but going up for assignment work.

All DDs now showing on online systems. Currently looking into changing suppliers for gas and electricity. Why is it I have no problems with changing suppliers for phone, BB, mobile, tv, etc, but I have this innate fear of gas and electric? I've used Martin Lewis' site, and based it off my usage. NP0wer has come up over £120 cheaper for the year, but I'm still terrified!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure