MFW Diary - Take 1!

Options

Comments

• Calfuray
    Calfuray Posts: 1,003 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    Can you open another NW account?

I suppose I could... There are people on here reporting up to 4 NW FlexD accounts paying 5% interest..
  • edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,463 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I am not sure how they're managing 4? I thought one each and one joint was the max allowed?
  • Calfuray
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    I am not sure how they're managing 4? I thought one each and one joint was the max allowed?

Maybe I'm getting confused with S123.... I don't know, people say things all the time, or get away with it for a few months until the T&Cs are tightened up.

Why, what were you thinking?
  • edinburgher
    Options
    Just thinking that you'd be as well getting 5% on your savings as opposed to bringing them back to S123? We'll be opening our second NW account by the end of the month, got to keep the money working hard :)
  • Calfuray
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    Just thinking that you'd be as well getting 5% on your savings as opposed to bringing them back to S123? We'll be opening our second NW account by the end of the month, got to keep the money working hard :)

I suppose... I would get 5% in NW compared to 3% in S123...

Oh Ed, why you got to make me do more work? ;)
  • Calfuray
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    After gentle prodding from Ed, new NW FD account set up, waiting for it to show on online banking etc.

Must remember to phone life ins tomorrow as their DD is the only one that hasn't come out. Sigh.

Another long day at uni, home about half an hour ago and had dinner. Going to chill out and finish book tonight, back to it tomorrow 9am.

Back in a few minutes with a new post....
  • Calfuray
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    Today is my one year MSE anniversary :) I joined up a year ago today, after lurking around for a while. Can't believe I've been posting on this diary for a year. It feels a lot faster.

In this year (Nov-Nov), I have overpaid: £2334.58 ! :T
    And we have cut the term by 12 months :)
  • edinburgher
    Options
    Happy anniversary Cal, you've achieved so much in such a short space of time.

Just imagine what you'll achieve once you stop getting bladdered at the student union and really get down to it :p
    After gentle prodding from Ed, new NW FD account set up, waiting for it to show on online banking etc.

I shall practice what I preach, I need to go and see if we're ready to open another one. Maybe best waiting to the end of the month so that I can maximise the amount stashed?
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Calfuray wrote: »
    Today is my one year MSE anniversary :) I joined up a year ago today, after lurking around for a while. Can't believe I've been posting on this diary for a year. It feels a lot faster.

In this year (Nov-Nov), I have overpaid: £2334.58 ! :T
    And we have cut the term by 12 months :)

Happy birthday diary :T

It's been a roller coaster year for you :)

Best wishes Tilly x
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • Calfuray
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    Happy birthday diary :T

Thanks! I see it's very near yours :)
    It's been a roller coaster year for you :)

Why do you say that?
    Happy anniversary Cal, you've achieved so much in such a short space of time.

Just imagine what you'll achieve once you stop getting bladdered at the student union and really get down to it :p

Thanks :) But I have only ever bought meals from my student union, I can count on one hand the number of times I've had a drink this year. Unless that was sarcasm.... Too tired!
    I shall practice what I preach, I need to go and see if we're ready to open another one. Maybe best waiting to the end of the month so that I can maximise the amount stashed?

I applied on Sat, it was showing on online banking on Tuesday :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure