MFW Diary - Take 1!

Options

Comments

• Calfuray
    Calfuray Posts: 1,003 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    6 days! Tried to catch up on a few diaries but forgot how fast they moved.. lost!

Has been a productive week, 3 assignments have been given out, 2 are completed, last one is in progress and not due for another 27 days. Another one is due to be given out soon - group work - bleurgh.

Took the plunge and switched providers - cheaper than our current one and fixed until 2017!! No exit fees if we change our mind. Scary biscuits!

Spent all day Sunday/Monday sorting out drama with brother - I would probably break MSE's word limits for posts if I tried to regale the saga. Let's just say I am surprised that I'm the younger one of us.

1st Nov coming up soon - this is test day for all the new direct debits. Hopefully everything works okay and I can start getting all the rewards in!

Hope everyone is well

Cal x
  • Calfuray
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    Group work project has started - urgh. Other assignment is coming along okay, but not as fast as I want. Not good at making design choices either. Off uni tomorrow so going in to work on it.

Nothing yet in MS terms, waiting just 2 more days!
  • Calfuray
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    1st of November!!?! Whaaaa? When did that happen?

Money shuffle being done today. Time to see if all DDs are going out as planned.

Money front - have had inquiries about tutoring, so may get some more income coming in, which I can feed all straight to mortgage. Would be so good if it works out.

£8.16 of sweet tax-free interest today. What to do - feed it to mortgage or leave in account to get compound interest? ....
  • Calfuray
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    Clearly I spoke to soon. Have been stopped at first stage of money-shuffle. Tried to do S123 -> FD, since it was a new payee and a 'large' amount, it has been stopped for 'additional checks'. Sigh.
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Calfuray wrote: »
    Clearly I spoke to soon. Have been stopped at first stage of money-shuffle. Tried to do S123 -> FD, since it was a new payee and a 'large' amount, it has been stopped for 'additional checks'. Sigh.
    How annoying. I usually just get a text message with a code to input when I do a new payee :(
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • Calfuray
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    gallygirl wrote: »
    How annoying. I usually just get a text message with a code to input when I do a new payee :(

I did, and duly input it and set it away. Then it didn't appear immediately, and I panicked a little. Checked the details, checked them again. 1 hour later, checked, nothing. 4 hours later, nothing. Phoned - and the agent said if it's a first time payee and a large amount, it can take up to 16 hours if it gets stopped for checks. I said it wasn't there yet, so she said if it's been more than 2 hours then it has been stopped for additional checks.

Boo.
  • edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,463 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    £8.16 of sweet tax-free interest today. What to do - feed it to mortgage or leave in account to get compound interest? ....

Mortgage if leaving it in savings means you'll be taxed :)

My money shuffle also fell over a little, as N@tionwide never sent me a card reader. At least in my case, I'm only trying to move the £1.08 interest back to S123 as I'll not get the 5% on it!
  • Calfuray
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    Mortgage if leaving it in savings means you'll be taxed :)

My money shuffle also fell over a little, as N@tionwide never sent me a card reader. At least in my case, I'm only trying to move the £1.08 interest back to S123 as I'll not get the 5% on it!

I don't earn enough to be taxed being a lazy student type :p So, question still stands, mortgage, or move to S123 account? :/
  • Calfuray
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    Money shuffle has finally taken place. SAAS money comes into NW so will get transferred to S123 once that is here as NW is a max for interest purposes. Hopefully money shuffle will be simple next month now that all payees are set up.

Lamb madras with saag aloo for me, bombay potatoes for OH. OH just out buying few spices we thought we had but have run out of.

OP of 8.16 (NW interest), + 100 from me + 48.15 from normal monthly OP - £156.31
    Really happy with amount we are managing just now :)
  • edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,463 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Can you open another NW account?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts