edinburgher Posts: 13,463 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good luck for the exam today

How did it go Cal?
  • nattypants
    nattypants Posts: 2,577 Forumite
    Options
    Cal, you are amazing and always will be!

Hope all went well X
    February13 - £74990 (or thereabouts)
    MND - Let's go for 2020 'cos it's got a nice ring to it:D
    C'mon nattypants:cool:
  • Calfuray
    Calfuray Posts: 1,003 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    Cal, Cal, Cal :)

You are a massive over-achiever and while I like it, you're streets ahead of your peers and you obviously put in the effort all the time.

A tiny fraction of people achieve a first and you are in tears over not getting the mark for one module? Come on, please don't be so hard on yourself.

While comparisons aren't always helpful, I've got a 2.1, no real ability at planning my career and seem to be doing ok. You're younger, have a mortgage that's a fraction of mine, are motivated up the wazoo and have someone you love (happy every day that I can say that as well).

So glad face and confident boots on, you've got an internship to interview for :j

Thanks Ed :) Wanted to give you a big hug when I read this, felt so much better and prepared for exam.

And thanks MWC, Natty and Ed. Exam went well. Questions weren't quite what I expected but okay. Now the inevitable wait for results. Second week of January - eep!

Next exam on Tuesday and Wednesday, and interview to work on for Monday - competency based so will need to do some research but I don't have time!

And for the good news: :D
    Went to speak to lecturer about feedback for the groupwork, as I was explaining I didn't understand the grade since I thought we'd done better etc. Friends came with me to get their feedback (they were a different group). The friends had the same grade as our group, but the comments on their work couldn't have been more different, so annoyed me a bit more! :o

Got home, conked out. Didn't fall asleep until 1am, woke up at 6.30 and kept waking up through the night, so just fell on my bed and slept when I got in, was brilliant. Woke up to texts and messages saying other assignment grades were up!

80% on one, not bad, thought I was going to do better but it'll do. Other one I have to go to uni to pick up since they won't post grades online - unimpressed.

But, the thing I'm happiest about: After I spoke to the lecturer, he had a look at the spreadsheet and found an Excel error! Which meant out grade was marked as 4 grades lower than it should be! So, after fixing it, our group has 90%. Cheesing!! :D Trying not to be an arrogant wench, but I knew that our work was better than that. So happy. Means I have my margin of error back for group work and exams :D But after exam, feeling positive.

Onto the next one! :j
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Evening Cal, hope the day went well. Sending one of these dodgy :grouphug: - they always make me smile, although not as much as GGs penguins

Best wishes Tilly x
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • nattypants
    nattypants Posts: 2,577 Forumite
    Options
    Great news on the increased mark Cal - you should be proud, and deservedly so:T

All the very best for Monday's interview - you'll breeze a competency based interview - and the subsequent two days of exams.

Boy, what a week!!!!
    X
    February13 - £74990 (or thereabouts)
    MND - Let's go for 2020 'cos it's got a nice ring to it:D
    C'mon nattypants:cool:
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Great news clever clogs :T
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • Calfuray
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    Thanks to Tilly, GG and everyone who thanked, Watty, FS, Ed, HDK, MWC, SS, toerag and natty, and anyone I've missed.

Interview was okay. 1400 applicants, interviewed 500, next stage gets cut down to 250, then only 150 get an internship. So long long path to go, assuming I dod even get past this stage.

Today's exam couldn't really have gone any worse. That was the assignment that I did the worst in, so feeling quite demotivated. Shattered and just want to sleep too.

Next exam tomorrow, need to prepare.
  • edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,463 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Cal, I am a total drama llama and always assume that I have done worse than I have (with tests, offensive emails and eBay sales (oddly enough!))

Try your best to relax for tomorrow. In the worst scenario, tomorrow is extra important to bring up any averages and in the likely (better than you currently expect) scenario, tomorrow's excellent mark will be the icing on the cake.

Break a leg (or a keyboard, whatever it is you kids break nowadays) :rotfl:
  • Calfuray
    Uniform Washer
    edited 13 December 2013 at 6:33PM
    Options
    I will post properly later tomorrow but before I forget, listy list:

[STRIKE]Email about project - meeting or emails?[/STRIKE]
    Return clothes.
    Apply for T and SS internships.
    [STRIKE]Email about extra module.[/STRIKE]
    Download lecture notes.
    Buy folders and notebooks for next semester.
    Email about Honours.
    [STRIKE]Ask Ed bout Honours.
    Look through current/available.[/STRIKE]
    Wait for results :(
    Practise Java :/
    Costco - foil tins?
    Find out about investing.
    [STRIKE]Check isa opened.[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Check DD to make sure set or right amount etc.[/STRIKE]
    Lots and lots, and lots of housework.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors