Cheapest Home Phones Call Price Article

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Phones & TV
102 replies 8.7K views

Replies

• Edinburghlass_2Edinburghlass_2 Forumite
    32.7K posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give hapilea a break, it is their first post. What might be clear to you is not necessarily clear to everyone when trawling through the threads.
  • What does it cost to make 0870/0845 numbers using Call 1899?
    Smile and be happy, things can usually get worse!
  • gt94sss2gt94sss2 Forumite
    4.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    What does it cost to make 0870/0845 numbers using Call 1899?

0845 - 3p/min
    0870 - 7p/min

Both with a 3p connection fee/call as well.

BT is cheaper than 18866 and 1899 for 0845/0870 calls.

Regards
    Sunil
  • take a look at http://niftylist.co.uk for the best prices in dial through providers ::)
  • Help - new to you all, golden oldy, need to save pennies (or pounds) Anyone with experience of Internet Telecommunications mentioned by Martin as IT Plus?Saver. Gatta ???
  • Has anyone used IT plus with the 1/2 price rental, any good? ??? my phone calls are usually under £20 but the rental is a killer!
  • Does anyone know what the current situation is re BT foisting the cost of their 'Together' basic option on subscribers who only require 'line rental'. I thought it was subject to an Offcom complaint investigation but can't find any reference to it on the Offcom website.
    4.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know what the current situation is re BT foisting the cost of their 'Together' basic option on subscribers who only require 'line rental'. I thought it was subject to an Offcom complaint investigation but can't find any reference to it on the Offcom website.

Yes - the price changes were approved by Ofcom, as BT was losing money(i.e. selling below cost) for those customers who were on the old BT Standard tariff.

Regards
    Sunil

• Yes - the price changes were approved by Ofcom, as BT was losing money(i.e. selling below cost) for those customers who were on the old BT Standard tariff.

Regards
    Sunil

So why didn't Offcom approve an increase in line rental only? Why muddy the waters by allowing the tacking on of a compulsory BT 'plan' which wouldn't be used by CPS customers. It also means alternative WLR rates can't be directly compared.

AFAIK the current info on both BT and TalkTalk websites doesn't mention this fact.
    4.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭

So why didn't Offcom approve an increase in line rental only? Why muddy the waters by allowing the tacking on of a compulsory BT 'plan' which wouldn't be used by CPS customers. It also means alternative WLR rates can't be directly compared.

Effectively, all BT have done is increased the price of the standard tariff.

The fact they have "renamed" it confuses many people.

It actually makes comparisions with other WLR operators easier, as it means no call allowance etc to consider.

The reason the call charges have come down, is because they were "artificially" high in the 1st place to compensate for the loss BT were making on each of these customers (as they were selling below WLR)
    AFAIK the current info on both BT and TalkTalk websites doesn't mention this fact.

Mention which fact ? (and why would they?)

Regards
    Sunil
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support