Forum Home» Phones & TV

Cheapest Home Phones Call Price Article - Page 2

New Post Advanced Search

Cheapest Home Phones Call Price Article

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Phones & TV
102 replies 8.7K views

Replies

• it's not just the UK calls either, there are differences in prices for international dialling. For example calling USA is 2p/min from cable, but from bt it's still 1p/min.

Hmm.
  • gt94sss2gt94sss2 Forumite
    4.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Call 18866's new prices for customers using their 0808 or 020 access numbers are listed at http://www.call18866.co.uk/mobilerates.php

Customers using BT who use the 18866 will notice no difference

I expect 1899 to follow soon.

Regards
    Sunil
  • Not necessarily - 1899's connection charge is 3 times that of 18866's
    4.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not necessarily - 1899's connection charge is 3 times that of 18866's

Even then I expect it to follow shortly.. due to teh way 18866/1899 are charged for 0808 numbers etc

Regards
    Sunil
  • I find 18866 brilliant.However if you have a worry about being able to cancel once you have given your creditcard details don't.If I ever found myself in this position in the past I just ring up the creditcard company and say I have lost my card.I receive a replacement within two days and the old one alone with any online commitment dies with it.
    micheal5kr.gif
  • Hi everyone,

This is my first time posting.

I just wanted to share with everyone my thanks to Money Saving Expert Martin for informing us all about 18866. It's the first big money saver for me that really suits how I use the telephone. I have a great deal for broadband internet, however this requires me to have a BT line which has meant most other deals and packages for telephone use only were just no good for me until this great find. I didn't really believe that there would be something out there that would be so fantastic. I'm mostly a daytime user for UK mostly. All the packages I'd looked into offered good deals for evenings and weekends but that is hopeless for me so this is truly fabulous. I'm very happy customer. I've only been on it a day but I have had a total of 5 long calls and it has truly only cost me 5p. True to the letter.

One question?

Is it still cheaper to use BT for 0845 and 0870 calls.

Answers to this would be greatly appreciated

From one truly grateful customer
    Named after my cat, picture coming shortly
    4.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    One question?

Is it still cheaper to use BT for 0845 and 0870 calls.

Answers to this would be greatly appreciated

Yes, its still cheaper to use BT for 0845/0870 calls.

Its also cheaper to join Talktalk (as per my signature) if you make any calls in the evenings/weekend as they are free to landlines for a year.

Regards
    Sunil
  • mike_patersonmike_paterson Forumite
    1.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Quick question for gt94sss2 - How much have you earned so far by plugging Talk Talk incessantly in every possible thread and pointing to your signature link ??
    To infinity and beyond!
  • i am on ntl and access 18866,does anyone know if ntl's newly introduced 5p call connection charge apply to free phone 0800/0808 numbers, or is it just on 'chargable' calls ? thanks
    never put off buying a bargain today,it may be gone tomorrow
    4.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    i am on ntl and access 18866,does anyone know if ntl's newly introduced 5p call connection charge apply to free phone 0800/0808 numbers, or is it just on 'chargable' calls ? thanks

NTL's 5p connection charge does not apply to 0800/0808 calls.

Regards
    Sunil
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support