The Norfolk hamper company thread

Options

Comments

• Clutterfree
    Clutterfree Posts: 3,678 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Oh dear, I must admit I never even thought about the suppliers.
    I wonder how much he's fleeced them for?
    :heart: Ageing is a privilege not everyone gets.
  • bellacupcake
    Options
    mnc wrote: »
    I also emailed the journalist who wrote the original article for the regional papers. I had the same response about it being on "a list." :( You'd think this would be quite a big story locally even if Neil isn't quite so forthcoming to talk to the media now!

I agree. There have been a number of other local businesses that have called receivers/administrators and they have been featured in the press. As this is more sinister you'd think they'd jump at a little investigative journalism and delve a bit deeper to find out what sort of 'businessman' he is. I know there's not a Matt Alwright at the GY Mercury but its a news story non-the-less.

I have still been tweeting about it and getting re-tweets so I'm trying to keep the story alive. I directed one at the Mercury but got no response back at all - they're probably getting fed up of me!

The shop is now bare, all signs have been removed and he's done his worst. Hopefully the Trading Standards people will have some influence and stop him from trading again.
  • bellacupcake
    Options
    denmjd wrote: »
    Hi Bella, that was me, :embarasse they did cut chunks out of the interview & I was so nervous at doing it, I know there would have been better people doing it than me as I get a bit toungetied, I did ask on here if anyone would do it, but no luck, I was trying to be reasonable on the interview, thinking at the time like many others he'd got into a mess & was trying to pull himself out of it, but now wish I'd been a bit more harsh, (am not like that as a person though) sorry I was no help...
    at the end of the interview they said I'd now been contacted by Neil, this is what happened next..

I had recieved an email from Neil (as I'd emailed him to see if he would change my order,as who wants Christmas goodies in Jan?) saying that would be ok to have the 6+6?

He said fine, did I want them all at once or 2at a time? & then I got a call from Neil, asking which ones I would like, so I asked for the valentines one & the large fruit hamper, he said he was getting the valentines one in & would send it to me at the end of the month, question is now.........

Do l hold my breath?

You did absolutely fine with the interview, it was Radio Norfolk who was at fault by editing it in such a way to give HIM more air-time.

No point holding your breath, he's gone out of business, the shop has been emptied and its all done. I'm really sorry you've been messed about I hope you can get some money back one way or another.
  • MADMUMNI
    MADMUMNI Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    I got my paypal refund today- it was called a reversal and then transferred to my credit card. Good old paypal! Thank goodness as I can kiss goodbye to the remainder of the first order as it was paid back in August. Lesson learnt- never pay upfront for goods again and sometimes I shouldn't give people the benefit of the doubt!
  • bluepatchworkcat
    Options
    Well I've just checked on the post office site to see if my recorded delivery letter had been delivered and signed for. I sent it on 22 Jan and it was delivered on 23 Jan. I said in my letter that I would expect a cheque (holds back laughter) on or before 30th Jan.

So, looks like I'll be phoning Citizens Advice again tomorrow. Unless of course............
  • Dazedandconfused
    Options
    Just wanted to say I'm so sorry for everyone who has lost their money. If you bank with Lloyds persistence pays. Different situation but in 2011 I got ripped off by a hotel who charged my credit card even though we paid in cash and I had a receipt. To start with Lloyds were very unsatisfactory on the phone about it but after numerous recorded delivery letters they did reimburse my money. So put it in writing and persistence definitely pays.
  • jenster
    jenster Posts: 505 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Oh dear, I must admit I never even thought about the suppliers.
    I wonder how much he's fleeced them for?

I wonder if he stung UKMail for a lot of money too
    he was in his own words sending out 2 lorry loads a day at some points :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: yeh right
  • kevmaxthom_2
    Options
    :mad:
    You definitely CAN do a chargeback on a visa debit card!:j so those who paid by visa debit card thru PayPal and who are out of the 45 day limit - phone your bank now! Go through the fraud dept ( well in lloyds anyway!). I am raging that they have done this! And to think I actually felt sorry for him and stuck up for the little weasel! I suppose the only consolation is that we know that any company he tries to get involved in will go down the pan due to his total incompetence. His family MUST be SO proud!:mad:

Contacted LLoydstsb regarding chargeback, no go as although I paid via paypal using visa debit card, its showing as DIRECT DEBIT paypal transaction. Phoned the lloydstsb fraud line, was told to contact paypal and CAB, which I have done, Watch this space!!
    icon9.gif
    Regards

Mark
  • ohmochraich
    Options
    kevmaxthom wrote: »
    :mad:

Contacted LLoydstsb regarding chargeback, no go as although I paid via paypal using visa debit card, its showing as DIRECT DEBIT paypal transaction. Phoned the lloydstsb fraud line, was told to contact paypal and CAB, which I have done, Watch this space!!
    icon9.gif

Surely if you paid via visa debit and its showing as direct debit then that's Lloyds mistake! I'd persevere! It's odd that some are having no problems getting Lloyds to do charge backs and other people are having major blockers put on them!:(.
    :rotfl:If it weren't for stress I'd have no energy at all. First rule of acting: Whatever happens, look as if it were intended.;)
    Don't follow in my footsteps, I walk into walls:smileyhea When in doubt .............mumble.
    I may look busy, but I'm just confused.:T I smile because i have no idea what's going on.:rotfl:
  • Dizzyduck
    Dizzyduck Posts: 211 Forumite
    Options
    I paid for the hampers using my Tesco cc and today I was refunded £59.99 (the 3+3 offer).
    I think I returned the paperwork to them 2 weeks ago, so I guess that ties in with waiting ten days for a response from NHCo.

I hope everybody who are having problems with their banks get the refunds they deserve.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure