The Norfolk hamper company thread

Options

Comments

• bluepatchworkcat
    Options
    Had my letter from the Halifax this morning saying :

"I have now looked into matters for you. As discussed, should you not receive goods from PayPal and payment was made via a direct debit, this would not be covered under the direct debit indemnity scheme".

It goes on to say :

I appreciate that my decision may not be the one you wished for, but I hope that you understand the reasons for it". So that's alright then, they've politely explained and now I'm over it!
  • Tracyjj0
    Tracyjj0 Posts: 194 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Had my letter from the Halifax this morning saying :

"I have now looked into matters for you. As discussed, should you not receive goods from PayPal and payment was made via a direct debit, this would not be covered under the direct debit indemnity scheme".

It goes on to say :

I appreciate that my decision may not be the one you wished for, but I hope that you understand the reasons for it". So that's alright then, they've politely explained and now I'm over it!

Sorry to hear this :(

This whole debacle has made me more savvy about just what little protection we have when making purchases online, and has, unfortunately, made me more cautious of ordering from small companies.

What makes me maddest is that "he's" probably sunning himself on a beach somewhere, funded by our money :mad:
  • Lynsey
    Lynsey Posts: 9,486 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    On a serious matter, the law should be changed so payment can ONLY be taken on delivery. This would stop not just these COWBOYS but others from taking the money for goods they haven't sent.

This is an area Martin and Which etc could campaign about.

Lynsey
    **** Sealed Pot Challenge - Member #96 ****
    No. 9 target £600 - :staradmin (x21)
    No. 6 Total £740.00 - No. 7 £1000.00 - No. 8 £875.00 - No. 9 £700.00 (target met)
  • bellacupcake
    Options
    I have just driven past the hamper shop on my way home from work and he is in there dismantling the place. Shelving, the lot is coming out. The van no longer has the hamper company stickers on it and he should probably be out of the shop by this afternoon.

As he lives in Caister, I'll keep an eye out for a van displaying Suffolk Hamper Company and let you all know.
  • kdrc2004
    Options
    I have been reading this thread for a while now and was also caught up in the shocking scandal, but just want to say I am with santander bank and they refunded my accout with in 3 days from a phone call under the direct debit indemnity claim, I paid for my order in october and explained to them that I was out of time with paypal as you only have 45 days so they refunded me with no problems hth some people.
  • notanewuser
    notanewuser Posts: 8,499 Forumite
    Options
    I have just driven past the hamper shop on my way home from work and he is in there dismantling the place. Shelving, the lot is coming out. The van no longer has the hamper company stickers on it and he should probably be out of the shop by this afternoon.

As he lives in Caister, I'll keep an eye out for a van displaying Suffolk Hamper Company and let you all know.

Quick!!! Somebody get the local radio/newspaper down there for a story.
    Trying to be a man is a waste of a woman
  • bluepatchworkcat
    Options
    kdrc2004 wrote: »
    I have been reading this thread for a while now and was also caught up in the shocking scandal, but just want to say I am with santander bank and they refunded my accout with in 3 days from a phone call under the direct debit indemnity claim, I paid for my order in october and explained to them that I was out of time with paypal as you only have 45 days so they refunded me with no problems hth some people.

Halifax - Look and Learn!!!
  • MADMUMNI
    MADMUMNI Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    It's now 11 days since my paypal dispute was opened for complete non-delivery of orders. I thought there was supposed to be a decision after 10 days but never had to do anything like this before. Help! How long does this normally take?
  • frugal_shopper_2
    Options
    MADMUMNI wrote: »
    It's now 11 days since my paypal dispute was opened for complete non-delivery of orders. I thought there was supposed to be a decision after 10 days but never had to do anything like this before. Help! How long does this normally take?

He gets 10 days to respond which it seems he doesn't bother doing then the you get the decision from paypal at 21:00 on the 11th day.
  • bellacupcake
    Options
    Quick!!! Somebody get the local radio/newspaper down there for a story.

I tweeted the local paper last week asking if they would be looking into the situation and all they said was "Its on our list to do". There was nothing in this week's edition. Quite frankly I think its disgraceful, they report regularly of other businesses that have gone bust or in trouble. There's been nothing from Radio Norfolk since it announced he'd ceased trading last week. No follow up, nothing.

I think several on here have also emailed the paper to no avail. :mad:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport